In memory of my beloved outdoor urinal... and other stuff...

RDL

This has been a trying week for me...

Sunday my ex-girlfriend showed up at the food court near the end of my shift... then after my shift, I got dinner and sat a few tables away from her... we didn't talk, but we didn't fight either... neither in love nor enemies... just two people who used to know each other... though I wish we were friends...

Monday morning before work, I went to a bank downtown, and I could smell smoke... then I went to the bus stop and I saw a fire truck and some street was closed, but I didn't know what was going on... then I went home and listened to the radio before work, and they said that there was a devastating fire in a vacant building, which used to be a hotel, a restaurant, and a strip club... but at that point I assumed the outdoor urinal outside the hotel would be fine...

Tuesday morning around 11:30 I walked around the scene, and crews were still putting out the fire... at that point, my urinal was still there... then I went to a meeting at noon... then I got back to the scene, and they were dismantling the fence around the urinal... they have since boarded up the urinal itself...

RDL

I don't cry in public that often, but tears were streaming down my face around 1:30 this afternoon... that urinal has been with me through thick and thin... before and after trips to the internet cafe... before and after trips to events at Centennial Square, the Inner Harbour, the Legislature, etc... before and after meetings...

That urinal has been with me since the summer of 2008... that pivotal summer where I stood up and said I'm not gonna continue on with dead-end post-secondary education and I'm gonna get a job and eventually move out... that was the summer when I went to my first Canada Day concert at the Legislature... and my first Victoria Electronic Music Festival at Centennial Square... and the BC 150 concert at the Legislature... so you can understand how upsetting this is to me...
RDL

This song is playing at the internet cafe right now... seems fitting...

RDL

On a lighter note, Forum Vancouver has been suspended by whoever's in charge of hosting them... good riddance, they never approved my posts anyway :stars:
RDL

Time's almost up at the internet cafe... I'll be back on Friday to print off my pay stubs... hopefully by then, the urinal will be back up and running... please... pretty please... wishful thinking? :(
RDL

This week's drama continues...

Tuesday before 7:30 pm I was so exhausted from spending the day watching the fire... some skinny native heroin addict comes along... he wants my empty ginger ale bottle... I throw it in his big blue bin as per his request... he gets mad at me for not giving him the chance to open up the black garbage bag inside his blue bin... I apologize and say I didn't know... he doesn't accept my apology and accuses me of just causing trouble... I call him the N word and walk away... he comes after me swinging... I apologize and back away, crossing the protected bike lanes... he crosses the protected bike lanes just to come after me... I jaywalk across the street in a panic, despite the risk of getting run over... I walk near the yellow fire tape until there is nowhere left to walk... I jaywalk across the street again in a panic, despite the risk of getting run over... people are watching... I end up running to my nearest 8:00 meeting... I get there at 7:30 but the key-holder doesn't arrive to open up the doors until 7:40... a very terrifying 10 minutes indeed...
RDL

Wednesday I had to go downtown for a noon meeting, luckily I didn't run into the heroin addict or anyone who saw what happened...

Thursday I had to go downtown on my way to an 8:00 pm meeting, luckily again I didn't run into the heroin addict or anyone who saw what happened...

Friday (today) I had to go downtown to the internet cafe to print off my pay stubs, so far I haven't run into trouble yet... fingers crossed...
RDL

Things aren't perfect in my part of town either...

Remember last week when I was saying that some guy from my meetings recently moved into my building, and I wouldn't be able to get away with any more slips... well he's not able to keep me accountable like I had hoped... he's just not around like I had hoped... so in the evening, after my meetings, I've been able to sneak off to the liquor store and back unnoticed, with a couple of tall cans of strong beer in my spring jacket... I slipped up Mon night, Tue night, Wed night, and Thu night...
RDL

Things aren't perfect at work either...

In addition to my ex-girlfriend showing up at the food court on Sunday, her pothead boyfriend (or ex-boyfriend now I suppose) showed up at the food court Thursday (yesterday) and Friday (today)... he still wants to be good friends with me... he still wants to have coffee with me again like we did in November... he keeps wanting to make sure I'm okay and that I'm sober... well I can honestly say I'm sober in the daytime when I'm at work... I don't drink until after 9:00 pm...
RDL

Blue Cashew on its last legs... guest posting is gone from the Reject Rodeo section...

https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo- ... 10763.html
Law enforcement has informed us that we are dangerously close, if not actually, violating hate speech laws that could shut this place down.
Mel Gibson

RDL wrote: May 10th, 2019, 9:33 pm Blue Cashew on its last legs... guest posting is gone from the Reject Rodeo section...

https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo- ... 10763.html
Law enforcement has informed us that we are dangerously close, if not actually, violating hate speech laws that could shut this place down.
I noticed that too... I personally call bullshit on their claim, but since I am permabanned for life from that place, I can only assume... They'd be more likely to receive a warning from their advertisers. I also find it odd that law enforcement would issue a 'warning'... I am skeptical of this claim. Law enforcement either fucks your shit up, or they leave you alone. They generally don't have a habit of going around 'warning' two-bit forums that nobody cares about.

Also, isn't their host on US soil? That would mean the forum itself would fall under US law regarding freedom of expression, which is pretty free.

Sure, individual posters would fall under the laws of their own countries with regards to what they post, but the forum itself would be viewed as a US entity.

Either way, since I'm perma-shitcanned, I guess this is one thing those retarded idiots on those forums can't pin on 'Mel the Bogeyman', even though my name still comes up regularly.

Fuck them. That forum has the most delusional clique I've ever witnessed in my life, and it would be of no loss if it disappeared for good.

Mental Orientals...
RDL

From personal experience, the police can and do ask people to shut down pages...

It's happened to me with a couple of Facebook pages I made in 2009 to impersonate other people I know in real life, and a Proboards forum I made in 2011 to harass someone...

I hate to say it, but the best thing Blue Cashew can do for itself is just to walk away... like Topix and DV did...
Mel Gibson

RDL wrote: May 14th, 2019, 6:48 pm From personal experience, the police can and do ask people to shut down pages...

It's happened to me with a couple of Facebook pages I made in 2009 to impersonate other people I know in real life, and a Proboards forum I made in 2011 to harass someone...

I hate to say it, but the best thing Blue Cashew can do for itself is just to walk away... like Topix and DV did...
I know there's certain posts that could attract a law enforcement response. For instance, you threaten to blow up a school or some shit like that, expect your door to get kicked in! :laugh:

They are claiming racial slurs have attracted law enforcement inquiry. I've never, ever seen that happen before anywhere on a forum, and hence I call bullshit.

They also claim they must follow Canadian law (which itself doesn't 'ban' the use of racial slurs), but yet their IP address is 77.104.145.169, which is their host... Located in Chicago, USA.

I'm not saying that a forum cannot do what it wants, I'm just skeptical about their claims as to why.

Libel is a far more real and serious 'threat' to a forum, and I believe that's most likely what killed Topix. I have personally dealt with that on forums before, and if an individual or corporation feels that someone is badmouthing them or their business with BS to the point where it can affect their revenues, watch out then, because their lawyers can and will come out and hit you hard and fast!

With Topix, I'm sure there were so many multiple lawsuits ongoing behind the scenes at one time, that the owner probably just said "Fuck this", and shut 'er down!
Mel Gibson

So, while forums and advertisers absolutely can set their own rules, Canadian law (and US law too) does not prohibit what they are claiming it does. I had even studied up on some case law when I was Mod at DV, so I had a relatively clear understanding of what actually was permitted under the Canadian Criminal Code, since that could technically be assumed to be the most 'restrictive'...

You can call me a Kraut or Cracker all you want, just as I could call you a N***** or a C**** all I like, under our laws. That is a simplified example, but it is valid.

"Chinks can't drive, N****** cause nothing but crime, Gypsies are thieving scum, Muslims like to blow things up, Injuns are a bunch of useless drunks, and white Cracker is the Devil" are all statements that may (or may not) be stereotypical and in bad taste, but they are not "against the law", at least according to our Courts here.

The most restrictive law that Canada has, if we want to use this country as an example regarding what you can say is section 319(2), Willful Promotion of Hatred (no note of racial slurs here either):

Mel Gibson

Things will start to get dicey when posts start consisting of shit like: "We have to group together and exterminate the [insert group here]" Or something like: "We need to place a bomb there to exterminate all the [insert group here]".

This is now where the law will start to pay attention to you, and where you don't want that attention to be had.

It's kind of entertaining to me that I have been banned from forums for posting a dildo too, but these same forums have coddled and fawned their 'Karl's', which have called out numerous times in a spam-like fashion for the destruction of the White race.

Interesting how these old hags work, but they seem to love their left-wing spamming rejects! Always have! :wacko:
Eeeeeee

Didn't smp turn up at his door for harassing a female member, and he was attracted to the discoverpoo forum like flies to shit. Also bc are trying to put the frighteners on people in the hope they will stop using racist slurs but they won't ban them because they are the core of the forum
Eeeeeee

Eeeeeee wrote: May 15th, 2019, 8:12 pm Didn't smp turn up at his door for harassing a female member, and he was attracted to the discoverpoo forum like flies to shit. Also bc are trying to put the frighteners on people in the hope they will stop using racist slurs but they won't ban them because they are the core of the forum
I meant smp had the RCMP turn up at his door
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I remember something like that, didn't stop him though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

I heard about that incident, but don't know much about what exactly went on behind the scenes! Didn't it have something to do with that fat Indian poster 'Ghost'?

When I modded DV, there was only one RCMP visit that I was aware of. IHIT (Integrated Homicide Investigation Team) contacted us, and I was on duty at the time. They were querying a particular post made by a member, in a thread about a missing individual that was presumed to have gone missing due to foul play.

His post read something along the lines of this: "You shouldn't have raped that girl, you piece of shit", regarding the missing dude. Since no prior rape was ever publicized as far as I know, IHIT thought that this poster may have known a little too much, and was possibly involved with disappearance!

IHIT wanted the guys IP address. I could have provided the IP address, but I was on the fence about whether I should release that without a warrant, so I made the decision to just let the Administrator handle the request as he saw fit.

Well, I guess Admin must've released it, because a couple of days later the same poster posted a vid (his computer was set up to record should it detect movement) of the RCMP doing a quick search through his place, in what I'll assume was a quick sweep just to make sure that poster wasn't hiding the missing guy there, or that there wasn't a crime scene visible there or anything! :laugh:

So yes, sometimes these law enforcement agencies do browse, but they're looking for the serious shit usually... I doubt they'd really care much if I called you a Negro and hurt your feelings! They have better things to do.

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.