My summer plans!

RDL

My summer plans!

June 8, June 30, July 20, and August 10 - Victoria Harbourcats fireworks!
June 19 - 10 year anniversary of moving into my apartment!
June 22 - going to a wedding, an afternoon tea, and maybe a BBQ!
June 27 - celebrating 1 year of being a member of an eating disorder group!
July 1 - Canada Day fireworks!
July 4 - Port Angeles 4th of July fireworks visible from the beach!
First Sunday in August - Symphony Splash fireworks!

RDL

My summer plans!

I've got a dentist appointment coming up May 31... I'm sure it will go smoothly, as my October appointment did...
RDL

My summer plans!

Remember I was saying a few weeks ago that some guy from my meetings moved into my building, and I wasn't gonna be able to get away with any more trips to the liquor store? Well so much for that... he was in the hospital for 17 or 18 days, and in that time, I managed to sneak off to the liquor store about a dozen times... even when he made it back from the hospital, he was still pretty tired and likely went to bed early Wed night, so again, I managed to sneak off to the liquor store... this is turning out to be a fun drinking game... how many more slip-ups can I get away with before he finds out what I'm doing and forces me to stop... :teehe:
RDL

My summer plans!

And I'm expected to run out of my medications in early to mid June...

If I go see my doctor early to mid June, she might force me to get blood work done, and she'll find out I've been drinking and overeating, and she'll make me get help, and that could interfere with all my summer plans...

But if I don't see my doctor and if I go off my medications for a little while, I could end up having a meltdown that will have long-term consequences...

Quite the dilemma...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My summer plans!

I need a dentist, a doctor, and a vacation from felling like crap.
This summer I have no real plans, just to get comfortable, and maybe get an idea how to get a few projects done, and figured out.
I really need to get the house insulated somehow, and affordably.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
I hate docs

My summer plans!

RDL wrote: May 24th, 2019, 9:47 pm And I'm expected to run out of my medications in early to mid June...

If I go see my doctor early to mid June, she might force me to get blood work done, and she'll find out I've been drinking and overeating, and she'll make me get help, and that could interfere with all my summer plans...

But if I don't see my doctor and if I go off my medications for a little while, I could end up having a meltdown that will have long-term consequences...

Quite the dilemma...
I too have to have bloods done and I've been drinking very heavily these past months, can the doc find out? If so they will be very angry because I'm not supposed to drink on my meds :whip:
Mel Gibson

My summer plans!

I hate docs wrote: May 30th, 2019, 7:20 pm I too have to have bloods done and I've been drinking very heavily these past months, can the doc find out? If so they will be very angry because I'm not supposed to drink on my meds :whip:
Yes and no.

If you aren't currently intoxicated at time of blood draw, there is no test result that could suggest any pattern of drinking in general.

That said, certain abnormal results could possibly be caused by massive alcohol consumption long term, but those readings could also be caused by a myriad of other things also, so no inference can be drawn from alcohol use alone, so they won't do that.

SOURCE: I drink a lot, and have had a full blood work test done for an unrelated matter, and every category of the blood test, which was quite thorough, was well within the normal range. And yes, I drank the night before.
I hate docs

My summer plans!

Mel Gibson wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 3:04 am
I hate docs wrote: May 30th, 2019, 7:20 pm I too have to have bloods done and I've been drinking very heavily these past months, can the doc find out? If so they will be very angry because I'm not supposed to drink on my meds :whip:
Yes and no.

If you aren't currently intoxicated at time of blood draw, there is no test result that could suggest any pattern of drinking in general.

That said, certain abnormal results could possibly be caused by massive alcohol consumption long term, but those readings could also be caused by a myriad of other things also, so no inference can be drawn from alcohol use alone, so they won't do that.

SOURCE: I drink a lot, and have had a full blood work test done for an unrelated matter, and every category of the blood test, which was quite thorough, was well within the normal range. And yes, I drank the night before.
Theyre gonna do full liver function tests which can tell if you have liver damage due to alcohol, they've done this before and told me to stop drinking :( but now I've been drinking 6 cans of 5% beer every night which I don't think is alot, I know people that drink vodka and rye all day long
Mel Gibson

My summer plans!

They tested me for that too, and everything came up A-OK. A six pack a night often just gets me started, so that in itself shouldn't create any liver issues, or at least it didn't for me.

As you state, downing a 26 of Vodka every single day would probably be required to start showing problems on test, but a six pack of beer alone, even if consumed everyday, just isn't enough alcohol to damage liver function in a healthy adult!
RDL

My summer plans!

I just checked my blood pressure at the new two-floor Shoppers Drug Mart, located in the old Chapters building here in Victoria... a very beautiful store with a second floor view of Douglas Street... unfortunately I checked my blood pressure and the result was not so beautiful... 150/94... and I'm on a water pill/beta-blocker combo and I'm also on Ramipril... and I'm also on Risperidone, which is an anti-psychotic that is supposed to have a side effect of low blood pressure... so if FOUR medications can't keep my blood pressure from getting too high, then I don't see how I'm ever gonna get my blood pressure under control...

As for my liver, well, my doctor said Risperidone might've been responsible for my elevated liver tests in 2015... oh well...
RDL

My summer plans!

June 11th is the day I'm either gonna a) run out of Risperidone and have to go see my doctor, or b) run out of Risperidone and go off of it...

Also, June 2, I broke a blood vessel in my right ring finger... I was at work, but it wasn't busy, and I managed to finish the end of my shift... June 3 I had to tell my boss I couldn't work that day because of my finger... June 4 and 5 were my days off... June 6 I was back at work...

When this same thing happened in August 2012, I was in a panic and ran off to the walk-in clinic, thinking I was gonna die or lose my finger... this time around I knew that I wasn't gonna die or lose my finger... but I do need to realize that I do have high blood pressure from poor diet, lack of exercise, alcohol, and stress...
RDL

My summer plans!

May 31 dentist appointment rescheduled for Aug 12 due to a couple of dental hygienists getting sick... thank God... I wasn't ready to have anyone poke around in my mouth and charge me $100 for it...
RDL

My summer plans!

Last December, a couple of days after Christmas, my landlady left a poinsettia plant in the lobby of my building for anyone to take...
I knew that I wanted it, but I knew that I couldn't take care of it myself, so I brought it to one of my meetings...
A very dear friend of mine cared for it for five months until he got a job and stopped coming...
I took control of it briefly, then ended up over-watering it...
My nemesis put it on the window sill for it to dry...
It fell over, and a couple of people had to clean it up and dispose of it around the end of May...
I was sad to lose my plant... oh well... maybe next year...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My summer plans!

RDL wrote: June 7th, 2019, 9:24 pm I just checked my blood pressure at the new two-floor Shoppers Drug Mart, located in the old Chapters building here in Victoria... a very beautiful store with a second floor view of Douglas Street... unfortunately I checked my blood pressure and the result was not so beautiful... 150/94... and I'm on a water pill/beta-blocker combo and I'm also on Ramipril... and I'm also on Risperidone, which is an anti-psychotic that is supposed to have a side effect of low blood pressure... so if FOUR medications can't keep my blood pressure from getting too high, then I don't see how I'm ever gonna get my blood pressure under control...

As for my liver, well, my doctor said Risperidone might've been responsible for my elevated liver tests in 2015... oh well...
MY BP is around the 160 to 180 range, and sometimes 215 or higher.
I'm happy to have mine 150 or lower. These meds I'm on are garbage, and most I have been on have.
What you eat, your attitude, environment you are in, and a lot more contributes to your BP issue.
Try cutting out salt for a while maybe, get better sleep, and exercise might help, maybe get some sunshine, and kick back watching the world go by. :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
I hate docs

My summer plans!

RDL wrote: June 7th, 2019, 9:24 pm I just checked my blood pressure at the new two-floor Shoppers Drug Mart, located in the old Chapters building here in Victoria... a very beautiful store with a second floor view of Douglas Street... unfortunately I checked my blood pressure and the result was not so beautiful... 150/94... and I'm on a water pill/beta-blocker combo and I'm also on Ramipril... and I'm also on Risperidone, which is an anti-psychotic that is supposed to have a side effect of low blood pressure... so if FOUR medications can't keep my blood pressure from getting too high, then I don't see how I'm ever gonna get my blood pressure under control...

I have also been started on rampril and it has given me the shits! I am also on alopuroninol for gout as well as duloxetine and arripiprazole, if they find out I've been drinking they will stop my meds saying its all down to alcohol. If they do that I won't be responsible for my actions and will probably end up back in the nut house
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My summer plans!

I hate to here you have gout, they thought I had it for a while, but it was something else.
I have had many friend with it, and they suffered a lot, I guess the right diet is the best medicine for it from what I have been told by the ones that had it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My summer plans!

Just wondering, ever had kidney stones ? All the people I know with gout gets them a lot.
I hate docs

My summer plans!

Blue Frost wrote: June 14th, 2019, 10:24 pm Just wondering, ever had kidney stones ? All the people I know with gout gets them a lot.
Yes I have passed stones though my cock, very painful blood coming out
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My summer plans!

Common I guess, uric acid is common in both issues, and joint issues also.
I might have had a small stone once, but that's it, kind of unnerving peeing blood even if just a moment.
I had been sick for weeks is what might have caused mine, but I don't know.

My close friend drinks a corona every night, and lemon water, he had them really bad, but since he has had none.
his joint inflammation is down also.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

My summer plans!

Blood pressure can rise and fall with your activity and your level of anxiety...especially with anxiety. Were you agitated when you took the reading?

BTW, isn't Risperidone otherwise known a "Risperdal" the stuff that makes boys and young men grow female breast tissue? :think:..

I think it might be prudent to talk to your doctor about both issues.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.