Cryptozoological Monsters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well she’s definitely more manly than Barack.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

0e9fced8-cdf7-49f3-9d1c-992be767ec63.jpg
This photo of the Beast of Seven Chutes was taken on June 1st, 2005, in the Parc des Sept Chutes in Quebec, Canada. The photographer was a construction truck driver that lived 15 minutes from the area and has since remained anonymous. In the photograph, the creature seems to be holding something in its arms and could be looking right at the photographer. The Beast is estimated to be 5 to 6 feet tall and it seems to have a canine-like face with an elongated snout. (Possible Dogman).

The reason for the blurred image is that the photographer was taking a picture of a river and the creature coincidentally turned up in the background. Like so many of these types of sightings it happened by accident.

Also at the time when the pic was taken, someone in the area reported a dog being taken by a bigfoot like creature. It is speculated that the object in the creatures arms is a dog or the carcass of a dog. Bigfoot creatures are known to target and prey upon dogs and dogs are reported to be acutely aware of the presence of these bigfoot like creatures, so it is entirely plausible.

I'm not saying this is real but I came across it and thought it bore some examination...AND it's NOT a lost hippie.....

Furthermore before someone says that an animal that size could not survive undetected by modern science...Remember this; there are approximately 30,000 North American mountain lions living in the continental US...How many times have you seen one in the wild?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Two problems that I have with believing in the sasquatch are 1, the photos are blurry while almost none of the photos I take are blurry, 2 , if an animal like the Sasquatch can remain undetected then how is it that the same people who believe in the Sasquatch can’t believe that natives may still live in remote areas of Canada.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gorilla head with a human posture, and scrawny arms :think:
Michelle Obama :cheer: I think I got it right .
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Gary Oak wrote: August 26th, 2019, 1:30 pm Two problems that I have with believing in the sasquatch are 1, the photos are blurry while almost none of the photos I take are blurry, 2 , if an animal like the Sasquatch can remain undetected then how is it that the same people who believe in the Sasquatch can’t believe that natives may still live in remote areas of Canada.
Many times the photos are blurry because the creature is not the subject of the photo...It's there by accident and ends up in the background. In many pics the background is blurred purposely. It's called "bokeh" and it gives the photograph depth of field.

As for the ones where the creature IS the subject, blurred photos can be attributed to enlargement of an overall low quality image, or camera shake or a cheap autofocus lens that is too slow to capture movement clearly. And some still are no doubt blurred to protect the hoax.

Take it from someone who has been into photography for a long time...Not all lenses are created equal, not all photographers are created equal as well. Even an expensive lens can and will fuck up a pic if the person shooting the image doesn't set up correctly. This happens most often in situations where spur of the moment situations take place. People panic and forget the basics...I'm pretty sure bigfoot or any other cryptid isn't going to give advanced warning of their presence and they sure as shit aren't going to stop and pose. I think this is also why so many UFO sightings are blurry as well.

I can't speak to your other assertion as I am not privy to the way all bigfoot believers think. I have enough trouble sorting out my own thoughts regarding this world without trying to keep track of the thoughts and opinions of others.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: August 26th, 2019, 1:43 pm Gorilla head with a human posture, and scrawny arms :think:
Michelle Obama :cheer: I think I got it right .
I'm beginning to think you aren't taking this subject matter seriously... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:spit:
Just telling it like I see it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well this photo isn’t fuzzy at all unlike all those Sasquatch photos. I really hope that the Japanese wolf still lives in the mountains of Japan. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2019 ... ost-wolves

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Remember that you read about this first here.....
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Cryptozoological Monsters

This thought to be extinct sure has a unique appearance. https://www.majesticanimals.net/elusive ... gsjRPZu5QE

Elusive Amazon animal spotted alive for the first time in 80 years

Unfortunately, the endangered animals list got larger than ever, over the last few year. But surprisingly, given the present tendencies, a wildlife species thought to be extinct, miraculously came back to life. The Vanzolini bald-faced saki!

The saki monkeys is a monkey species native to South America, particularly to the Amazonian forest. Among them, the Vanzolini bald-faced saki are the most elusive ones. In fact, the species – first spotted in 30’s – was thought to be gone since there was no sight of them for eight decades.

However, during a recent expedition, the shy creature, recognizable by its shaggy hair and golden legs, was spotted alive. A tremendous discovery given the actual wildlife and environmental delicate situation. Laura Marsh, the director of the Global Conservation Institute, was leading the expedition. “It was fantastic,” she said told National Geographic. “I was trembling and so excited I could barely take a picture.”
Image credits: CHRISTINA SELBY, BIOGRAPHIC

First discovered in the 30’s, the Vanzolini sakis first documentation goes back in 1936, when the journal of Alfonso Ollala describes the mysterious monkey as long fluffy tail and golden fur creature.

Marsh’s team has managed to track the elusive monkeys in a very isolated area of the tropical forest, somewhere at the border of Brazil with Peru. Despite their habitat seems to be completely untouched by humans, Laura Marsh still fears for the species future. “If it just stayed at this level of impact right now, it’s not ideal for the conservation of Vanzolini populations,” she said in the report published in the the journal Oryx.

Fortunately, the Vanzolini sakis aren’t the first species declared extinct and then rediscovered. Recently, the wildlife experts have confirmed the sights of some animals thought to be extinct. Among them the Formosan clouded leopard, Baiji dolphin, Pinta tortoise or the Caribbean monk seal.

Baiji dolphin, Pinta tortoise, Caribbean monk seal, Formosan clouded leopard. Few of the animals declared/presumed extinct in the 21st Century. Can’t be rebuilt. No amount of £ can bring them back. Gone. Mostly due to climate change/habitat destruction. 😞 pic.twitter.com/D7olk6CqeR

— Steve Antony (@MrSteveAntony) April 19, 2019

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I remember seeing those on Tv as a kid, they couldn't have been extinct for that long, and I sure hope I'm not that old.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Something’s Afoot in Port Chatham – Century-old Rumors Persist of a Terror in the Mountains

https://www.alaskamagazine.com/articles ... mountains/

Port Chatham, a bay on the southern tip of the Kenai and a former village of the same name, hardly seems like a setting for inexplicable terror and fright.

But a series of mysterious disappearances and deaths where the Kenai Mountains narrow before plunging into the North Pacific gave birth to rumors that began in the 1930s and continue to this day. And the rumors all point the same thing: Something’s not right around Port Chatham.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There are a lot of grizzly bears 🐻 up there. I believe that all these shows on Alaska are to try and make Alaska look alluring and inspire people to move there or go there as tourists. I also believe that this was also done during the Klondike.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just Michel Obama on vacation, don't worry unless it wants your snacks. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Gary Oak wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:11 am There are a lot of grizzly bears 🐻 up there. I believe that all these shows on Alaska are to try and make Alaska look alluring and inspire people to move there or go there as tourists. I also believe that this was also done during the Klondike.
It could be bears...probably was...They are attracted
to fish and Port Chatham was primarily a fishing village. But one of the people found dead was killed by blunt force trauma to the head...records indicate that no claw or teeth marks were found on the body...Also the dismembered body parts that started showing up in the river had no claw mark's or teeth marks that would indicate a bear attack.

In any event by the 1940s no one would go near the place and a once thriving fishing village that was commercially successful, went completely tits up because of what looks like a rumor of a monster roaming the woods around the town. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure no one today is alive to confirm or deny what really happened. I would be more inclined to pass it off as pure bullshit if it happened in the 1800s where record keeping was poor, but most of the incidents happened well into the 20th century and are reasonably well documented.

For me it is something else to think about and consider the "what if". IMHO there has to be things in this world we do not know about or understand. We simply are not as smart or as aware of the world around us as we like to think we are.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The logger dying of a blunt force trauma...

The logging equipment back in the 30s and after, was a crane and steel clamps attached to a steel wire.

Swinging tree trunk banged him on his head.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Perhaps it was a deranged hermit. If you check out the Hermits thread there are some interesting stories. I believe that there have always been hermits living and dying in secret in the forest. The natives not having social services would banish people too problematic to live in the village and these hermits would often go cannibal. It would be dangerous to go outdoors the village by oneself.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: February 10th, 2020, 2:45 pm
Gary Oak wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:11 am There are a lot of grizzly bears 🐻 up there. I believe that all these shows on Alaska are to try and make Alaska look alluring and inspire people to move there or go there as tourists. I also believe that this was also done during the Klondike.
It could be bears...probably was...They are attracted
to fish and Port Chatham was primarily a fishing village. But one of the people found dead was killed by blunt force trauma to the head...records indicate that no claw or teeth marks were found on the body...Also the dismembered body parts that started showing up in the river had no claw mark's or teeth marks that would indicate a bear attack.

In any event by the 1940s no one would go near the place and a once thriving fishing village that was commercially successful, went completely tits up because of what looks like a rumor of a monster roaming the woods around the town. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure no one today is alive to confirm or deny what really happened. I would be more inclined to pass it off as pure bullshit if it happened in the 1800s where record keeping was poor, but most of the incidents happened well into the 20th century and are reasonably well documented.

For me it is something else to think about and consider the "what if". IMHO there has to be things in this world we do not know about or understand. We simply are not as smart or as aware of the world around us as we like to think we are.
Yeah move there, few woman, and the STD capital of America. :panic: :panic: :panic:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 10th, 2020, 11:58 pm

Yeah move there, few woman, and the STD capital of America. :panic: :panic: :panic:
If I didn't still have a minor under my roof, I would move to the southern coast of Alaska.

There are days when I think I could probably get used to living in the bushes like a wild animal...Maybe then people would leave me the fuck alone and learn not to piss me off.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 10th, 2020, 4:25 pm The logger dying of a blunt force trauma...

The logging equipment back in the 30s and after, was a crane and steel clamps attached to a steel wire.

Swinging tree trunk banged him on his head.
Yeah and maybe someone or something thumped him with blunt end of an axe when he wasn't looking.

You of all people should believe in giant apes living in the woods...Their existence might be the key to the only chance you have to breed.