Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Re: Tech Talk

I got a Netgear WIFI Cable modem/Router.
So far it's working great, and the computer upstairs is even working better, and not cutting off.
I have a lot of work in here to do now though since I had all the issue with the cable company, but Ill get it sorted when I can.
I just hate tracking wires, and routing them having to hide them best you can.
For a wireless society there sure is a lot of wires.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Prepping for my new washer and dryer. Just ordered these from Lowe's.

Semi-rigid dryer vent hose. No duct tape and no clamp needed. Just plug it in.

Braided stainless steel washer hoses.

I have decided to order the washer and dryer from Costco. Free delivery and free haul away of old appliance. 2 year warranty. Had to buy a $60 Costco membership. Home Depot and Lowe's are not very nice to charge delivery and haul away fees. Rona won't even do installation right now due to covid-19.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Glad you got the braided hoses, best option :)
Ill never use the rubber ones again, or hard plastic hoses.

On my dryer I put together the solid pipe, it's a little of a pain connecting being in a cramp spot, but it does stay pretty clear of lint.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I placed that order for the new LG washer and dryer. $2600 Canadian dollars. So excited. Cannot wait for delivery. The washer and dryer both have steam clean and smartphone connectivity.

Finally fixed the toilet. Water was leaking into the bowl for so long. Replaced the valve cap.

This pussy was worn out.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mine has been leaking, and every time I think it's fixed it starts leaking at 3 in the morning again.
The flapper on mine I have changed 6 times, and cleaned the tube off it goes in.
I even tried vassiline which worked for a week or so.
It's done pretty good the last three days, but next time Ill likely get a new toilet.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Probably just need to replace the flush valve. Like a fluid master 400A. On my toilet its frustrating that I need to turn the water off for the entire house. The shutoff valve under the toilet does nothing. Need call someone to replace it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's more easy for me to change the toilet than that, if I take the old one off if I can I doubt it will be replaceable since the bolts on the toilet are corroded, and other things.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Get one of those with a fancy push flush button. One button for flushing poo and another for pee. But the button is connected to the lid. If you ever need to fix the toilet it'll need to be disconnected.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Interesting, never saw one of those.
I did see one they use in Arazona, and dry places though that dehydrates everything to conserve water, wouldn't want that though.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I thought I fixed the toilet. No more water leaking into bowl but now the flush valve is making an endless hissing sound. I dont even know anymore. This is beyond me.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm not sure without seeing for myself, or I might be able to tell whats going on.
The new ones usually work, but sometimes they stick, or the hose is in the wrong position, also the setting for how deep is off.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Those are issues that can be fixed, but it's more easy for me to just change the toilet out than spend the time with headaches of fixing everything.
Taking tanks off never has gone good for me so I just change the whole thing.
It's cheaper just doing the parts thing, but can be a pain in going back over, and over again.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: June 17th, 2020, 2:50 pm I got a Netgear WIFI Cable modem/Router.
I run a Netgear also. So far it has been rock solid!
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 9:36 pm Prepping for my new washer and dryer. Just ordered these from Lowe's.

I had to use a foil duct, since I was dealing with terribly limited space! What I did was cut the foil duct to the shortest length possible where I could still clamp it on properly (about three feet of duct needed in my space for that), and then wiggle dryer back to the wall. Used a broom handle to help 'work' the duct into a proper compressed position. Works great! I have a main door that swings inwards right beside the dryer, and my dryer simply cannot stick out, or the door won't open...

Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: June 25th, 2020, 12:20 am I thought I fixed the toilet. No more water leaking into bowl but now the flush valve is making an endless hissing sound. I dont even know anymore. This is beyond me.
New toilet shouldn't do that... Maybe your water pressure is on the high side, but still. If it's new, I'd look at warrantying it. And if you can replace it with something else, get one with the simple side-flush handle! You live in Canada, right? All the new toilets are low flush anyhow, so to hell with the even lower flush top buttons! We have plenty of water here... This ain't Southern California!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: June 25th, 2020, 3:24 am
Blue Frost wrote: June 17th, 2020, 2:50 pm I got a Netgear WIFI Cable modem/Router.
I run a Netgear also. So far it has been rock solid!
We are getting a lot better coverage with this modem than the Motorola one I paid more money for a few years back.
So far we are happy with it.
It's not cut off once on my moms computer so thats good for her, and me since I don't have to listen to her complain, and want me to fix something not fixable.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: June 25th, 2020, 3:38 am
Reverse Flash wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 9:36 pm Prepping for my new washer and dryer. Just ordered these from Lowe's.

I had to use a foil duct, since I was dealing with terribly limited space! What I did was cut the foil duct to the shortest length possible where I could still clamp it on properly (about three feet of duct needed in my space for that), and then wiggle dryer back to the wall. Used a broom handle to help 'work' the duct into a proper compressed position. Works great! I have a main door that swings inwards right beside the dryer, and my dryer simply cannot stick out, or the door won't open...

Got my new washer and dryer. The semi-rigid dryer duct that I purchased will have to be returned. The space at the back was just too tight for it. The installation guy put on a flexible one. Nice delivery guys. Gave them $40 tip. Final price for the washer and dryer came to $2,659.63. Plus $45 for the stacking kit that I bought off of a bartender and $30 for new water hoses. My mom seem to like the new appliances. She thinks that they cost around $1000. I didn't tell her the price. She would have freaked out.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My washer, and dryer still works good, but getting pretty messed up thanks to my mom being hard on stuff.
Ill likely be looking for new ones next year, unless the doors fall off sooner.
Why do woman like breaking stuff you pay a lot of money for. :facepalm:
Just don't force stuff because it's not working, :facepalm:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

How often you change the filters in your rav4? My cabin filter was so dirty. I park under big trees. All the stuff from the outside sucked into the filter. The engine filter under the hood was oddly fairly clean.

The car battery positive terminal is covered with this blue powder. Tomorrow I will buy baking soda to rinse it. Apply vaseline jelly.

I have this cooling mat coming in tomorrow. I hope it helps with the summer heat for my dog.
20200705_203503.jpg
(236.23 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
I have this water bottle for my dog.
20200705_203019.jpg
(216.72 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like that water bottle for the dog, and the cooling mat if it works, my husky would have enjoyed that.
It got so hot here sometimes we had to bring them in, they loved the cool basement floor.

I never changed the cabin filter, couldn't find the thing, and didn't try that hard to do so.
My outside filter I clean ever so often, i have a K&N filter, and the car is in the garage.

My battery had blue crystals on it the other day, looked pretty :teehe: lots of big ones.
It's 20 years old so no complaint about it, and you can buy battery cleaner.
Coke works, vinegar, and soda is what we always used.