Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Re: Re: Tech Talk

The cool mat for my dog didn't come in. Amazon says the package was damaged in transit and have refunded me.

I've collected everything to clean my car battery terminals. Toothbrush, baking soda, bottle of water, paper towels, vaseline, and anti corrosive rings. Some Terro Liquid to kill the ants outside the garage. Hoping the worker ants will bring the liquid back to their queen. Gonna have to do it tomorrow afternoon. I'm having a diarrhea.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just don't get that battery stuff on your clothing, it will eat through it.
i have got those anti corrosion rings before years back, they never worked for me.

i was going to clean my battery off today, and make sure it was connecting good, but I got sick being in the heat, and my head was pounding.
It takes about 10 minutes to do it, but Ill get to it soon.
Really i need to be getting a new battery, but I want to really see how long this one will last being it's already 20 years old.

Feel better RF, I hope you don't have a virus, or something.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

20 years is a long time. The internet says replace battery every 5 years or so. Amazing its still working.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I bought one of the yellow Optama batteries, it had a 7 year warranty on it, I got it because it matched my yellow mustang, and the good cranking amps since I had an upgraded sound system.
They are 3 year warranty now :kez: Ill likely get another though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This is what I use to clean my battery, just did it to get it over with.
Dark out, and feed the mosquitoes some of the good stuff.

Been using this for a lot of years now.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 4th, 2020, 1:34 pm Why do woman like breaking stuff you pay a lot of money for. :facepalm:
Just don't force stuff because it's not working, :facepalm:
Women do this because first of all they have no idea of anything mechanical. Secondly, they don't understand the cost of dealing with said mechanical.

I'll give you a great example: I bought my now Ex a new car. A Fiesta. After she left me, a light came on in the dash panel, which she thought meant low oil. So she dumped a couple liters of engine oil into the engine, thinking it would make the light go away. The light didn't go away. Even though she left me at that point, I was still good enough for some things I guess, so she did ask me, and I checked... The light was for either low washer fluid, or an oil change interval recommendation (I forget now)...

Two liters extra into a small 1.6 liter engine crankcase that was already full of oil is bad news... Crank whipping, oil foaming, excessive pressures, etc. I know this. Females do not. I immediately went down to drain out excess oil, back to proper level for engine.

I told her that unless you know what the light on dash means, you can't just start pouring oil into the engine hoping it will go away. Of course she didn't give a shit about what I'd just tried to explain, since women typically don't give a shit about anything. I also explained to her how much a re and re would cost, if she fucked up that engine... Women don't give a fuck about that either.

And it's why I will remain single until I die, as females are almost always retarded!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 6th, 2020, 12:26 am i have a K&N filter
Ditch that K&N! Paper filters filter better...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My K&N has done me well, and I do get a little more power.
On my Mustang i saw a good increase in power, took the lag at take off totally out.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

The powder was bad. I rinsed it with baking soda. Will need to remove it tomorrow and do further cleaning.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yikes, mine was just a pretty fuzzy blue crystal mass, you have a nasty mess.
I hope you didn't get it on you.

Mine is all clean, looks like new, but I know it will have to be changed sometime in the near future.
It can't keep working, and when they grow pretty crystals they are leaking.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I'm thinking of going to Costco and buy a new battery. Only been 25,000 miles since I bought the car new.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:24 am I'll give you a great example: I bought my now Ex a new car. A Fiesta. After she left me, a light came on in the dash panel, which she thought meant low oil. So she dumped a couple liters of engine oil into the engine, thinking it would make the light go away. The light didn't go away. Even though she left me at that point, I was still good enough for some things I guess, so she did ask me, and I checked... The light was for either low washer fluid, or an oil change interval recommendation (I forget now)...
:facepalm:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That battery should still be good, 25k isn't a lot of use on it.
Maybe it's still under a warranty, ask the dealership you got it from.

I'm looking at cars again lately, not sure what to get.
I need a truck, but I'm not paying 50 thousand for one, and they have terrible gas mileage.
Looked at a Toyota Avalon Hybrid, it cost a lot also, but 50 MPG.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: July 8th, 2020, 12:34 am
Mel Gibson wrote: July 7th, 2020, 4:24 am I'll give you a great example: I bought my now Ex a new car. A Fiesta. After she left me, a light came on in the dash panel, which she thought meant low oil. So she dumped a couple liters of engine oil into the engine, thinking it would make the light go away. The light didn't go away. Even though she left me at that point, I was still good enough for some things I guess, so she did ask me, and I checked... The light was for either low washer fluid, or an oil change interval recommendation (I forget now)...
:facepalm:
At least she didn't put the oil in the gas tank, or Windshield wiper fluid. :laugh:
Lucky the engine wasn't over pressured also, the oil might have broke something, or filled the head space after it blow past the rings.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: July 8th, 2020, 12:39 am At least she didn't put the oil in the gas tank, or Windshield wiper fluid. :laugh:
Lucky the engine wasn't over pressured also, the oil might have broke something, or filled the head space after it blow past the rings.
I hate to say it, but most women are retarded when it comes to vehicles. I told her (knowing her knowledge of vehicles), that the ONLY thing she should EVER access and fill under the hood is the washer fluid reservoir, and made it clear where that reservoir was. I explained that anything more than this, to ask someone that knows, like me.

However, being like most modern females (We are Strong! We don't need Men!), it was actually a man (me) that was laying on the dirty ground draining out excess oil from the crankcase of an engine that she's lucky she didn't fuck up...
Mel Gibson

Her text to me was literally this: "Steve, a light is on my dash, and the two liters of oil I added won't make it go out. Should I add more oil?"
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I actually had someone put oil in my mowers gas trying to help me out when I had a bad sprain, it was a new mower also. :kez:
I got it cleaned back up, but it never ran right again.
She was just trying to help me out so I couldn't stay mad, but it was very aggravating.

There was an older girl across the street from me when I was young, she did a lot of work on her car for me to watch.
Not sure what was wrong, but her butt was always in the air pointed my way. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 9th, 2020, 2:35 am Her text to me was literally this: "Steve, a light is on my dash, and the two liters of oil I added won't make it go out. Should I add more oil?"
What do you expect from an injun?

Should have bought her a horse.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Renee wrote: July 9th, 2020, 2:10 pm
Mel Gibson wrote: July 9th, 2020, 2:35 am Her text to me was literally this: "Steve, a light is on my dash, and the two liters of oil I added won't make it go out. Should I add more oil?"
What do you expect from an injun?

Ya the horse would live longer than her car :laugh:
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 9th, 2020, 2:10 pm What do you expect from an injun?

She wasn't Injun (I don't date/marry non-whites). German/Ukraine was her lineage.