Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Re: Re: Tech Talk

Amazon is pretty good. One time they missed the guaranty delivery date. I contacted customer service days later. They said the package was lost and asked if I wanted a refund or another one sent. They sent me another one but then the original one came in too. So they gave me one for free. They were just earplugs. Recently they sent me $5 credit cause they missed the guaranty delivery date.

Are you Amazon prime member? With the membership you get to stream TV shows and movies on Amazon prime video. I like how they have all the Supernatural seasons. Supernatural is not on Netflix Canada anymore.

They have 2 more hours to delivery my order. If they don't get here today then oh well. Next day. I hate being the complaining customer. I never ask or credit or get angry for late delivery.
20200716_184402.jpg
(243.77 KiB) Downloaded 449 times

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I get a bit agitated, I wait, and schedule my day, and last moment I get an email it's in Botswana :angry:
I'm talking about a shipping company they use, and they call, and set up a delivery for me, and having to spend three hours, and several A-holes on the phone just so I can call Amazon.

i don't have prime Rf, I think they should give it to me for free since I have bought so much, they should give it to good customers that spend lets say $1000, or $3000 or more a year.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

You spend so much money. What you buy? Amazon prime same day delivery, 1 day delivery, and 2 day delivery are only good for products that Amazon sells and ships. We have an amazon warehouse here. Sounds like the stuff you buy are sold by third party merchants.

Man this terro liquid stuff really works. No more ants by the garage. The first couple of days the bait made it even more worse. The terro liquid attracts them. Now the entire colony vanished. Will have to keep an eye. A new colony might start up.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Reverse Flash wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:37 pm You spend so much money. What you buy? Amazon prime same day delivery, 1 day delivery, and 2 day delivery are only good for products that Amazon sells and ships. We have an amazon warehouse here. Sounds like the stuff you buy are sold by third party merchants.

Man this terro liquid stuff really works. No more ants by the garage. The first couple of days the bait made it even more worse. The terro liquid attracts them. Now the entire colony vanished. Will have to keep an eye. A new colony might start up.
I tried this stuff at work, and it didn't do a thing. The ants just ignored the stations. Wondering if that stuff has a shelf life.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Tech Talk

Blue Frost wrote: July 16th, 2020, 2:30 pm
beanthere wrote: July 16th, 2020, 12:08 am
Blue's new lawn mower. :teehe:
Hell Yeah :woot:
Oh you said lawnmower, had my hopes up for the girl, didn't notice the mower. :spit:
Well Blue, here's the thing...the girl is in fact mowing the lawn so she is a "mower of lawns" or a "lawn mower". Don't forget though, a good quality lawn mower will need a lot of regular maintenance or she might decide to quit working.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

beanthere wrote: July 17th, 2020, 12:36 amI tried this stuff at work, and it didn't do a thing. The ants just ignored the stations. Wondering if that stuff has a shelf life.
The first bait I set out i put it upside down. The logo part is suppose to face up. I replaced it with two new ones. The ants problem got worse. They were more alive than ever. The pile of sand outside the garage was getting bigger. They were building a castle. Roughly by the 6th day they all vanished.

Need to be faced up like this. Takes like a week to work.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:45 am
Odinson wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:59 am Are canadians and americans required to have their cars inspected yearly?

I´m taking my old car today to its inspection.

Old cars have to be inspected yearly and new cars every 3 years.

Its to make sure that the car doesnt malfunction on the road..
Inspection requirements differ somewhat state to state. Here in NJ, New vehicles get inspected 4 years after purchase. After that, I believe it's every 2 years but the inspection process has been trimmed down to just engine emissions.

When I first started driving it was a full blown safety inspection, breaks, lights, directionals, hazards, tires, and alignment, etc...If you didn't get to the inspection station first thing in the morning you could end up sitting on line for hours.
I call them first and reserve a spot.

Sounds like your inspection used to be as thorough as we have now..

Basically everything that could endanger other drivers if malfunctioning.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: July 16th, 2020, 6:59 am Are canadians and americans required to have their cars inspected yearly?
In my Province (BC), no. No mandatory inspections/emissions testing required for passenger vehicles here, unless they were imported from certain out-of-Province areas. There used to be, but that ended many years ago. Larger commercial vehicles do require inspections though (once a year for all big rigs, except dump trucks that need a twice/year inspection, because we are known to run junk).

That said, any police officer has the power to pull over a vehicle and order an inspection. This usually means you have a couple weeks to get it inspected, and will have to fix any deficiencies found. If you don't, your insurance will lapse, and driving around without insurance here brings a pretty hefty penalty. Unless you drive a complete piece of shit, the cops generally leave you alone here though. Especially in rural where I live now... Many older cars around, because people can't always afford new, and they are left alone.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 16th, 2020, 5:26 pm Most likely Mel found his culprit...even a single mouse can do a lot of damage. Thank God he didn't start blasting away at every small animal on his property. Lets hope it stays that way. Drunk people running around with guns always worries me.
The rat-sized snap trap squished his body in two, which I'll assume was an instant kill with complete instant internal crushing.

And don't worry about Canadian gun owners, Renee... Our drunkest ones still have a better track record than many of your sober ones. Lost count as to how many AD pics I've seen, and all from the US. Not even drunken Canadians manage to AD into their hands, feets, legs, or through walls, whereas you and your people manage to accomplish this regularly and while sober, Renee...
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:37 pm Man this terro liquid stuff really works. No more ants by the garage. The first couple of days the bait made it even more worse. The terro liquid attracts them. Now the entire colony vanished. Will have to keep an eye. A new colony might start up.
Unlike rodents, ants are virtually impossible to eradicate... I control them with sprays utilizing Permethrin, which is what I can utilize as a general public. It does seem to work though!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:20 pm I get a bit agitated, I wait, and schedule my day, and last moment I get an email it's in Botswana :angry:
I'm talking about a shipping company they use, and they call, and set up a delivery for me, and having to spend three hours, and several A-holes on the phone just so I can call Amazon.

i don't have prime Rf, I think they should give it to me for free since I have bought so much, they should give it to good customers that spend lets say $1000, or $3000 or more a year.
Amazon is not honoring prime since the COVID shutdown. Only essential supplies get the prime shipping. And they aren't giving you a break on the cost of Prime either. Prime can now take a week or more to get to you.

I used to work for that shit outfit..It's evil. They treat their employees like crap. Everyone is expendable once they get what they want out of you. Their hiring practices are atrocious. Most locations are run and managed by snot nosed, insecure, mellenials right out of school with no management experience and a weird deep resentment of experienced employees, especially those over 40...Worst company I ever worked for. Almost everything negative you read and hear about Amazon as a work environment is true.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 17th, 2020, 6:10 am
Renee wrote: July 16th, 2020, 5:26 pm Most likely Mel found his culprit...even a single mouse can do a lot of damage. Thank God he didn't start blasting away at every small animal on his property. Lets hope it stays that way. Drunk people running around with guns always worries me.
The rat-sized snap trap squished his body in two, which I'll assume was an instant kill with complete instant internal crushing.

And don't worry about Canadian gun owners, Renee... Our drunkest ones still have a better track record than many of your sober ones. Lost count as to how many AD pics I've seen, and all from the US. Not even drunken Canadians manage to AD into their hands, feets, legs, or through walls, whereas you and your people manage to accomplish this regularly and while sober, Renee...
Its a simple matter of numbers....It's 37 million people compared to 350 million people...over 400 million guns in the US compared to like what...800 guns in Canada, all of them under government scrutiny?. :laugh: ....With those numbers it stands to reason their will be more accidental shootings in the US. A child could reason that out. More people = More stupid people = More accidents, just as more cars on the road = more car accidents.

But besides all that, drunk is drunk and most days you are piss drunk and shitfaced. Any kind of weapon in your hands is a least 10 times as dangerous to yourself or to others than a weapon in the hands of a sober person. Just because you are a Canadian it doesn't make you immune to drunken stupidity.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 8:10 am
Blue Frost wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:20 pm I get a bit agitated, I wait, and schedule my day, and last moment I get an email it's in Botswana :angry:

Amazon is not honoring prime since the COVID shutdown. Only essential supplies get the prime shipping. And they aren't giving you a break on the cost of Prime either. Prime can now take a week or more to get to you.

I used to work for that shit outfit..It's evil. They treat their employees like crap. Everyone is expendable once they get what they want out of you. Their hiring practices are atrocious. Most locations are run and managed by snot nosed, insecure, mellenials right out of school with no management experience and a weird deep resentment of experienced employees, especially those over 40...Worst company I ever worked for. Almost everything negative you read and hear about Amazon as a work environment is true.
I have a warehouse close, and know several people who worked for them, they all said it wasn't bad, but you have to keep moving a lot.
These same people worked for UPS though, and was used to the work.

Here is one of my complaints lately.
You order something, the date says three months till delivery at checkout, but when you start to order it says next Friday.
You then cancel the order, and reorder it, and delivery is next Friday, or the Monday after.
I ordered some curtains, and one set came, the other set I had to call about, and asked if I needed to cancel, and reorder because they where saying mid August, this was in June.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: July 16th, 2020, 10:37 pm You spend so much money. What you buy? Amazon prime same day delivery, 1 day delivery, and 2 day delivery are only good for products that Amazon sells and ships. We have an amazon warehouse here. Sounds like the stuff you buy are sold by third party merchants.

Mine didn't work, they seemed to like it though, and kept coming back.
I ended up using spectracide.
I used to use Durshban, but they banned it.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 8:20 am Its a simple matter of numbers....It's 37 million people compared to 350 million people...over 400 million guns in the US compared to like what...800 guns in Canada, all of them under government scrutiny?. :laugh: ....With those numbers it stands to reason their will be more accidental shootings in the US. A child could reason that out. More people = More stupid people = More accidents, just as more cars on the road = more car accidents.
More guns here than you may think... 35 guns for every 100 people. In fact, our laws are why certain handguns are now made with 'strange' barrel lengths, like 4.16", 4.25", 5", etc., when historically they weren't. You Yanks on gun forums can't figure out why S&W, Ruger, etc. make shit that way, but it's because of us. We purchase enough handguns that we can actually dictate certain barrel lengths never existed before in history. So take that!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm working on my 120.5 guns all the time, got a few this year already. :spit:

I was called an enthusiast the other day, a kind way of saying gun nut. :laugh:
I don't care what people think, It's a hobby, and a right that's really needed all the bad with Democrats around.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 18th, 2020, 12:13 am
Renee wrote: July 17th, 2020, 8:20 am Its a simple matter of numbers....It's 37 million people compared to 350 million people...over 400 million guns in the US compared to like what...800 guns in Canada, all of them under government scrutiny?. :laugh: ....With those numbers it stands to reason their will be more accidental shootings in the US. A child could reason that out. More people = More stupid people = More accidents, just as more cars on the road = more car accidents.
More guns here than you may think... 35 guns for every 100 people. In fact, our laws are why certain handguns are now made with 'strange' barrel lengths, like 4.16", 4.25", 5", etc., when historically they weren't. You Yanks on gun forums can't figure out why S&W, Ruger, etc. make shit that way, but it's because of us. We purchase enough handguns that we can actually dictate certain barrel lengths never existed before in history. So take that!
I will need more proof of that. Historically barrel lengths have never been right on the nose. This was going on before Canada went full retard with there gun laws.

Gun manufacturers know where the money and the market is and it's not in Canada.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 18th, 2020, 12:09 pm I will need more proof of that. Historically barrel lengths have never been right on the nose. This was going on before Canada went full retard with there gun laws.

Gun manufacturers know where the money and the market is and it's not in Canada.
Ruger SP101. 4.20" barrel versions exist only because Canada.
Ruger GP100. 4.20" barrel.
Ruger Bearcat. 4.20" barrel.
Ruger Redhawk. 4.20" barrel.

S&W new models 19 Classic, Model 66, and Model 69 have 4.25" barrels because Canada.

Glock G48. 4.17" barrel, because Canada. Glock admitted this pistol was designed exclusively for Canadian laws, hence the 4.17" barrel and 10 round mag capacity.

These are just a few that I can think of off hand. All these manufacturers realized there was a demand here for barrels just over 4.16", so they've incorporated that change either through a running model change, or when they retool.

So yes, Renee... A few barrels that are now oddly a hair over 4.16", when they were never historically made that way, is because of your Northern neighbours.
Mel Gibson

People here like models as close to 4.16" as they can buy, and they are popular for gun stores to stock here.

It all started around the mid 1990's, when due to Polytechnique shooting (in which a Mini-14 was used), that a huge change to our laws happened. One of them was to ban all handguns with a barrel length of less than 4.16", with current owners being able to keep them via Grandfathering. They did this because the vast majority of handguns in Canada at that time had 4" or less barrels.

After that happened, new revolver buyers here were often only left with the 6" version. Many, like me, still like barrels around 4", so that's why these exist now, when before they never had to...
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:29 pm People here like models as close to 4.16" as they can buy, and they are popular for gun stores to stock here.

It all started around the mid 1990's, when due to Polytechnique shooting (in which a Mini-14 was used), that a huge change to our laws happened. One of them was to ban all handguns with a barrel length of less than 4.16", with current owners being able to keep them via Grandfathering. They did this because the vast majority of handguns in Canada at that time had 4" or less barrels.

After that happened, new revolver buyers here were often only left with the 6" version. Many, like me, still like barrels around 4", so that's why these exist now, when before they never had to...
I dont have any guns but maybe a keychain dog spray will work on the humans.
20200718_232124.jpg
(220.73 KiB) Downloaded 390 times