Re: Tech Talk

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Re: Tech Talk

Might work on some people, but it would piss me off, I know my brother has had it sprayed in his face along with Military grade pepper spray.
Last person who sprayed him got beat up, and they had a bat also that broke his rib.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: July 19th, 2020, 2:23 am I dont have any guns but maybe a keychain dog spray will work on the humans.
It absolutely will work. I bought a can for my Ex, for her safety.

One thing you must understand about Canadian law though, is that you cannot carry this solely for the purpose of self-defense against other humans in this country. Doing so is against the law, as you would be carrying a prohibited object.

Therefor, you must carry dog spray for defense against canines, bear spray for defense against bears, etc, and for NO other reason. This is the only lawful way to possess them in a public place here... You got me so far?

Canada follows a thing called the "Law of Necessity." I won't get into the details of how this originated, but what it basically means is that laws cannot apply to you if you are faced with grievous bodily harm or death. Basically you are allowed to break the law to save your own life or those around you... That baseball bat, the can of dog spray, your car, your gun even... These can now all be utilized to preserve your own life, or the lives of others around you.

The courts will expect you to prove that your life was in potential serious harm if utilizing weapons to defend, so act accordingly until then! Until an issue happens though, remember one thing: Your dog spray is ONLY for potential canine attacks, and nothing more, if anyone asks... :wink:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Thing I like about these old cars is that it´ll only cost about 100euros to fix a big problem..

My MB has one tiny problem..

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I wish I still had one of my older Mustangs, I could fix those being they had none of this electronic stuff.
My old Buick Regal also wasn't bad, loved that car.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reverse Flash wrote: July 19th, 2020, 2:23 am
Mel Gibson wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:29 pm People here like models as close to 4.16" as they can buy, and they are popular for gun stores to stock here.

It all started around the mid 1990's, when due to Polytechnique shooting (in which a Mini-14 was used), that a huge change to our laws happened. One of them was to ban all handguns with a barrel length of less than 4.16", with current owners being able to keep them via Grandfathering. They did this because the vast majority of handguns in Canada at that time had 4" or less barrels.

After that happened, new revolver buyers here were often only left with the 6" version. Many, like me, still like barrels around 4", so that's why these exist now, when before they never had to...
I dont have any guns but maybe a keychain dog spray will work on the humans.
20200718_232124.jpg
It depends on who you spray and the emotional or physical state they are in..It will usually work but with a determined attacker who might he high on something, it might not stop them. If you ever have to use it, just don't stand around and watch the effects. Spray and get the hell out as quickly as possible.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:01 pm
Renee wrote: July 18th, 2020, 12:09 pm I will need more proof of that. Historically barrel lengths have never been right on the nose. This was going on before Canada went full retard with there gun laws.

Gun manufacturers know where the money and the market is and it's not in Canada.
Ruger SP101. 4.20" barrel versions exist only because Canada.
Ruger GP100. 4.20" barrel.
Ruger Bearcat. 4.20" barrel.
Ruger Redhawk. 4.20" barrel.

S&W new models 19 Classic, Model 66, and Model 69 have 4.25" barrels because Canada.

Glock G48. 4.17" barrel, because Canada. Glock admitted this pistol was designed exclusively for Canadian laws, hence the 4.17" barrel and 10 round mag capacity.

These are just a few that I can think of off hand. All these manufacturers realized there was a demand here for barrels just over 4.16", so they've incorporated that change either through a running model change, or when they retool.

So yes, Renee... A few barrels that are now oddly a hair over 4.16", when they were never historically made that way, is because of your Northern neighbours.
Well I have a 50 year old 4" model 19 and the barrel is slightly over 4" from frame to muzzle crown. I believe that pre-dates Canadian law.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: July 19th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Reverse Flash wrote: July 19th, 2020, 2:23 am
Mel Gibson wrote: July 18th, 2020, 8:29 pm People here like models as close to 4.16" as they can buy, and they are popular for gun stores to stock here.

It all started around the mid 1990's, when due to Polytechnique shooting (in which a Mini-14 was used), that a huge change to our laws happened. One of them was to ban all handguns with a barrel length of less than 4.16", with current owners being able to keep them via Grandfathering. They did this because the vast majority of handguns in Canada at that time had 4" or less barrels.

After that happened, new revolver buyers here were often only left with the 6" version. Many, like me, still like barrels around 4", so that's why these exist now, when before they never had to...
I dont have any guns but maybe a keychain dog spray will work on the humans.
20200718_232124.jpg
It depends on who you spray and the emotional or physical state they are in..It will usually work but with determined attacker who might he high on something, it might not stop them. If you ever have to use it, just don't stand around and watch the effects. Spray and get the hell out as quickly as possible.
I approve this message :teehe:
I'm not high on anything, my brother either, we just get very angry, and in my brothers case he about blacks out when he looses control, and can't control himself.
I'm a little more in control, I will likely strangle you, or kick the crap out of you.
I'm not close to as tough as I used to be, but I can still grab hold, and hang on till someone gives up, or passes out.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: July 19th, 2020, 5:49 pm Well I have a 50 year old 4" model 19 and the barrel is slightly over 4" from frame to muzzle crown. I believe that pre-dates Canadian law.
It would predate our laws, since our laws only changed in the mid to late 1990's. Our government ensured that any standard 4" or less barrel would be prohibited, since they were the most common in existence. An old 4" model 19 barrel is under 4.16" in length. The old Model 19's are still common here, but only those that are Grandfathered can own them. The vast majority, including me, cannot.

And this is why you're starting to see odd lengths appear now, like Ruger with 4.20" barrels, and S&W with 4.25" barrels.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I went shopping at Walmart and got the newly released Ghost of tsushima. AAA reviews. You play as a deadly Samurai! Open world game like Skyrim. PS4 exclusive.

My dog is having an eye infection. Her eye is producing this white sticky goo. The vet prescribed her eye drops and pills.

Today is the hottest day of Vancouver so far this summer. 30c. I'm sitting at a picnic table at burnaby lake with flying ants. Some of them are dropping dead from the air.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It loos pretty cool, might have to take more time to learn about it.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh, sorry to here about the pup, maybe her allergies is a bit bad, I know down here mine has, and several people I know, and their dogs.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Blue Frost wrote: July 21st, 2020, 2:52 am It loos pretty cool, might have to take more time to learn about it.

Thanks. I will have to watch this before I continue on my journey. Passed the first part and now I get to roam free. Very fun gameplay but only for ps4.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

From what I saw you don't want to roam free, you want to do the main missions so you can build up faster.
Let the foxes lead you, and talk to people that can build you up, and your gear.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: July 19th, 2020, 7:59 pm
Renee wrote: July 19th, 2020, 5:49 pm Well I have a 50 year old 4" model 19 and the barrel is slightly over 4" from frame to muzzle crown. I believe that pre-dates Canadian law.
It would predate our laws, since our laws only changed in the mid to late 1990's. Our government ensured that any standard 4" or less barrel would be prohibited, since they were the most common in existence. An old 4" model 19 barrel is under 4.16" in length. The old Model 19's are still common here, but only those that are Grandfathered can own them. The vast majority, including me, cannot.

And this is why you're starting to see odd lengths appear now, like Ruger with 4.20" barrels, and S&W with 4.25" barrels.
I'm looking at airsoft guns. I wonder how effective are they on a human.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Reverse Flash wrote: July 21st, 2020, 10:22 pm
Mel Gibson wrote: July 19th, 2020, 7:59 pm

I'm looking at airsoft guns. I wonder how effective are they on a human.
Not very.

While some can produce velocities high enough to break unprotected skin. They are not going to stop a human or animal attacker intent on killing or harming you. You might even piss them off further.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Airsoft guns are made for larping.

They´ll break teeth and go through your cheek when in close proximity.

You can buy tune up kits and heavier "bullets" for them.

But they are made for shooting other people in airsoft games... Hurts you but does not do permanent damage.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Some of the BB guns are pretty powerful..

280meters per second with a 5,5mm lead bullet.

And they come with magazines nowadays..

The really good ones cost as much as a decent .308 rifle.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have a gamo pellet rifle that's about as powerful as a 10/22 rifle, but the mass makes it weak comparatively.
You need a larger caliber pellet rifle to do more than piss someone off.
The .177 is good for say rats, birds, and suck, but say for cats you do need bigger.
Like Odi said they can be quite costly.

I would suggest a slingshot, a machete, or spiked baseball bat like on Fallout 4. :laugh:
Mel Gibson

I was looking at some nice Diana and Weihrauch air rifles! Was considering a high powered .22 version for pest control around the yard! They are not cheap! Most are powerful enough that they actually require a Firearms License to own in this country, even though they are still much less powerful than a .22LR round. That said, air gun pellets out of a decent air rifle would be an economical way to deal with small pests!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Get an old Sheridan sliver or blue streak in .20 cal or in 5mm. They aren't made any more but you can still get refurbished ones on Ebay.

I have an old blue streak in 5mm. It handles squirrels, rats, chipmunks and birds of all sizes. Basically it is good for common pests and then some...It would probably do a young ground hog or a opossum with a head shot.