Photos From Long Ago

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Photos From Long Ago

Blue Frost wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 4:12 am I think he was cool in real life also, seen a few interviews from him, and people who know him.
He was pretty down to earth unlike Dean which was a smug little punk.

One I disliked a lot was Audie Murphy, now he was a rude little bastard.
A friend of mine his dad was in with him, said he always had a chip on his shoulder.
Seen some actors that said the same, but it was his look which threw me off when I first saw him.
I should judge from a look, but I do a lot.
Yeah, but he was a real life war hero....A real deal Mr. Blood and Guts. The guy earned a chest full of metals for valor. He served from 1942 thru 1945 in every major theater from Tunisa to the Rhine.

He also suffered from severe PTSD and developed a pill popping habit because psychological help for combat vets back then amounted to being told to "suck it up and get over it."

If he was a petulant little dick, then IMHO, he earned the right to be one. He was also a little guy and little guys tend to be snippy.

Dean on the other hand earned NOTHING he was only a teen idol. I think it was Humphrey Bogart who said something like, Dean's death was convenient because had he lived, he never would have been able to live up to his hype.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hero or not he was still a-hole, and this was when he went in, so before the war he was an A-hole also.
Pappy Boyington was another A-hole from the war, one of his mechanics used to live across the street from me.
He said his own crew thought about shooting him down, and blaming the Japanese. Interviews by him even show how unlikable he was.

Speaking of fragging someone, a man that lived across the street from me was killed by his own men in Vietnam, his kid was really off in the head.
I'm guessing if the son was like his father I can see why he got killed off.
I wanted to kill the little brat myself, and he was a few years older than me.
He could be one of today's liberal snowflakes how he acted.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don’t know much about Audy Murphy or James Dean however I recall hearing that he liked to steal the scene and if I recall correctly that he did gay sex to advance. The casting couch I think was the term used. This reminds me of the a little brown nosing goof in the Hong Kong acting scene Jude Poyer. His nickname was Queeny. An older Australian told me once that he would do it and now that I am older I can see that his Queeny act was advertising to whoever might be useful that he was available. He actually made it to action director in the very racist san yi on triad run Hong Kong film industry. He backstabbed anybody who was no use to him and looked down on those surviving off of film work while his mommy financed him. I never gave him the beating that he deserved because of his age.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm Hero or not he was still a-hole, and this was when he went in, so before the war he was an A-hole also.
Pappy Boyington was another A-hole from the war, one of his mechanics used to live across the street from me.
He said his own crew thought about shooting him down, and blaming the Japanese. Interviews by him even show how unlikable he was.

Speaking of fragging someone, a man that lived across the street from me was killed by his own men in Vietnam, his kid was really off in the head.
Was his name Douglas Neidermeyer?... :think: :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

You have to be incompetent, abusive and a coward for getting killed by your own men..
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 12:11 pm
Blue Frost wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm Hero or not he was still a-hole, and this was when he went in, so before the war he was an A-hole also.

The guy from the Twisted Sister - I wanna rock and we´re not gonna take it music videos...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:43 pm

The guy from the Twisted Sister - I wanna rock and we´re not gonna take it music videos...
Animal House.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Might as well have been, but no, he was a Davidson, and quite the jerk.
Someone tossed a grenade in his tent one night.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

What a different world it was merely one hundred years ago. This is England.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Notice streets was mostly for people, that went away, and now you can be fined unless a rioting protester.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: September 25th, 2020, 11:29 pm Notice streets was mostly for people, that went away, and now you can be fined unless a rioting protester.
A movie camera would've been so new to those people, you can tell they're all wanting to get their faces in front of it!
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

All of them lived out their lives and no longer exist on earth.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh they exist, and on earth, a lot wasting space in boxes in the ground.
i know what you are getting at though.

I call photos, and old film like that Ghost of the past, we get to see a specter of the past living in a moment of time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: September 26th, 2020, 12:38 am
Blue Frost wrote: September 25th, 2020, 11:29 pm Notice streets was mostly for people, that went away, and now you can be fined unless a rioting protester.
A movie camera would've been so new to those people, you can tell they're all wanting to get their faces in front of it!
And do they do any different today :laugh: always attention whores around, always. :laugh:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

It always amazed me how the countries in Europe could clear all the wreckage away and rebuild so quickly. By the 1960's, Berlin was already a new and thriving city.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This video is unavailable for some reason unfortunately.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Gary Oak wrote: September 29th, 2020, 6:26 am This video is unavailable for some reason unfortunately.
Oh. It says that you can only view it at youtube. I hate the control freak mentality that goes with sites like Youtube.
It's called 'Berlin in July 1945'
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I viewed it here, but now it's blocked from this website :facepalm:
Mel Gibson

When you upload something to YouTube, the uploader can choose to force you to follow the link back to YouTube if you want to watch the vid. I'll assume some do that in an attempt to maximize ad revenue, as there really wouldn't be any other reason.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Likely, or they are hoping you watch more of their videos.