Photos From Long Ago

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Photos From Long Ago

One of the oldest pieces of furniture in Sweden, Kungsårabänken, a sofa dating from the viking age (1000-1100 A.D.)

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That Viking took pride in his work. With old tools it must have taken a lot of work to make this sofa and they didn’t even have Netflix or Sunday night football yet.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 1st, 2020, 3:38 pm One of the oldest pieces of furniture in Sweden, Kungsårabänken, a sofa dating from the viking age (1000-1100 A.D.)

Excuse me but is this thread about old photos or old furniture?
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Should I post it in black, and white for you ? :spit:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 5:46 am That Viking took pride in his work. With old tools it must have taken a lot of work to make this sofa and they didn’t even have Netflix or Sunday night football yet.
Some pillows, and fur throw it would be quite comfy.
I always loved the carvings of the vikings, and Celtic peoples.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 1:51 pm Should I post it in black, and white for you ? :spit:
Okay, be that way.. :laugh:

A Swedish modern chair from the 1960s

Fauteuil-et-repose-pieds-en-palissandre-de-Rio-Wanscher-modele-110-_-02.jpg
This ugly shit is expensive on the used furniture market.... :laugh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Looks like something from my doctors office :laugh:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Not photos but video.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It’s cool seeing those scenes from eras long gone. You see details that no longer exist. If I recall correctly I believe that I saw film from the American civil war of soldiers marching which may be evidence that they have technology before we have it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: January 5th, 2021, 1:33 am
Not photos but video.
Good video, it's very interesting seeing all those ghost from the past.
I always notice how they all dress pretty well even the poor compared to the garbage people put on today.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

If wannabe rap stars appeared back then with their pants halfway down their asses with their hats on backwards they would be laughed out of town.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Likely put in a mental hospital.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Little did any of them know that their comfortable world would be turned upside down in just a few years with World War One. Every face there no longer exists. I do always find it interesting to see the styles, body language, personalities etc... of these earlier eras, each one a bit unique.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I thought the same when I saw it, and the messed up politics they had to push them into it.
Even though we got into the war we shouldn't have been in it, and it was the same people then as now pushing wars, and turmoil in the world for profits, and power.

It may seem a conspiracy theory, but I was thinking lately that people like Soros, and his secret conspirators over him want a race war.
My thought is they are trying to push whites into the same thing Hitler wanted with a white "race" killing off the the so called less human as they called them.
I parenthesize race often on her, it's because we are all the same race, people are ignorant not admitting to it, we all have potential if we want to work for it.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:54 pm Likely put in a mental hospital.
It's got so inverted now, they'll look at the rest of us like there's something wrong with us...

I'm sick of seeing blue or purple hair. I saw a mum walking along a road last year, she had a son with her who looked about 9 or 10 and she'd died his hair light blue. They end up with this weird, unfriendly look on their faces when you see you walking toward them as well.

A male and married neighbour that lives in one of the other buildings here... a few years back, he was dying his hair bright pink.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Twilight turtle wrote: March 26th, 2021, 6:18 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:54 pm Likely put in a mental hospital.
It's got so inverted now, they'll look at the rest of us like there's something wrong with us...

I'm sick of seeing blue or purple hair. I saw a mum walking along a road last year, she had a son with her who looked about 9 or 10 and she'd died his hair light blue. They end up with this weird, unfriendly look on their faces when you see you walking toward them as well.

A male and married neighbour that lives in one of the other buildings here... a few years back, he was dying his hair bright pink.
I don't mind the colored hair if it is done tastefully by someone who knows what they are doing...I wore colored tips in high school and college but I had them done by a professional....The look you are describing are home dye jobs that just look trashy and stupid...

What I cannot stand are the facial piercings and extreme tattoos...Entire arms and legs covered in random muddy looking bad ink...Or the ring through the nose that looks like a horseshoe hanging upside-down from the nostrils..Who the fuck told these people they look good with that shit? Who ever did it must have been pranking the poor dumb slobs. All this so-called "personal expression" is nothing more than obnoxious, self-aggrandizing, narcissism.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Very few tattoo artiest are artiest, people seem to always get the garbage looking stuff.
And what gets me is the really nice looking skin some have is covered in it, what a shame.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tattooing your eyeballs and face, is attention seeking.

They´ll deny it but its true.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Weirdos is what I see of them that would do that, unless you are a Samoan, or headhunter from a south sea island.