..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Blue Frost wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:54 pm Turkish gun makers have a habit of changing names every three to four years so a warranty with most are useless.
Some stay around, but they are bigger names, and you pay for that.

Been looking at a few myself lately, bullpup shotguns, why because in close quarters shotguns rule.
My eyesight isn't good anymore so I need something I can shot, and take someone out in the dark.
I have a Bakel double barrel, and a Saiga with 20 round drums.
I wanted that 1100 Remington, but that didn't turn out to be. :(
Agreed, there are dozens of Turkish gun makers popping up, merging and changing names all the time...When you buy a Turkish made gun make sure you buy it through a name brand like Weatherby, Mossberg, Savage, etc You stand a better chance of not getting screwed...Dont buy one through a "here today gone tomorrow importer". Importers dissappear and change brands all the time. You will get fucked if something goes wrong with it.

Even Fabarm which is a highly respected Italian gun maker which about 20 years ago was imported by H&K but has since been dropped and picked up by a series of importers is a gamble....Their guns are great and of high quality but getting any kind of parts or warranty work on the old H&K imported guns is a nightmare.

As for the Rem 1100...You were probably saved a lot of aggravation not buying that clunker...For the past 10 years, just about anything coming out of Remington, before it went titts, up had quality control problems. They all but ruined Marlin with their cost cutting and their own brand name went down the shitter as well...It was an absolute tragedy for the shooting sports industry but that's what happens when you let corporate raiders and "bean counters" run gun companies.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Watch out Blue. Ducky knows what will attract you. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 8th, 2021, 7:48 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 7th, 2021, 1:54 pm Turkish gun makers have a habit of changing names every three to four years so a warranty with most are useless.
Some stay around, but they are bigger names, and you pay for that.

Been looking at a few myself lately, bullpup shotguns, why because in close quarters shotguns rule.
My eyesight isn't good anymore so I need something I can shot, and take someone out in the dark.
I have a Bakel double barrel, and a Saiga with 20 round drums.
I wanted that 1100 Remington, but that didn't turn out to be. :(
Agreed, there are dozens of Turkish gun makers popping up, merging and changing names all the time...When you buy a Turkish made gun make sure you buy it through a name brand like Weatherby, Mossberg, Savage, etc You stand a better chance of not getting screwed...Dont buy one through a "here today gone tomorrow importer". Importers dissappear and change brands all the time. You will get fucked if something goes wrong with it.

Even Fabarm which is a highly respected Italian gun maker which about 20 years ago was imported by H&K but has since been dropped and picked up by a series of importers is a gamble....Their guns are great and of high quality but getting any kind of parts or warranty work on the old H&K imported guns is a nightmare.

As for the Rem 1100...You were probably saved a lot of aggravation not buying that clunker...For the past 10 years, just about anything coming out of Remington, before it went titts, up had quality control problems. They all but ruined Marlin with their cost cutting and their own brand name went down the shitter as well...It was an absolute tragedy for the shooting sports industry but that's what happens when you let corporate raiders and "bean counters" run gun companies.
EAA brings a lot of no name ones in from Turkey, they are usually pretty good guns if they touch them.
Still though, most will not be named the same in three or four years so parts might be an issue for any gun like that.
I try to stay away from them myself if made there, but it's tempting a lot of times, they have some really nice looking guns on the market.
I read the average life of a gun company name there is 4 years, and they change names just so they wont have to deal with warranties.

I really don't need anymore guns, and need to have some I have worked on, but it's like Pokemon, gotta have them all. :teehe:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

What is this ammo shortage that you speak of? :toung:

Mel Gibson

:cool:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

WOW ammo has went through the roof hasn't it.
I have a lot saved up, maybe time to sell some :teehe: I could buy another gun with a few boxes.

I actually have a few guns I would like to sell, and the ammo , and mags with them.
An AK47, a gs 22, and maybe I have something else.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 11th, 2021, 6:41 pm WOW ammo has went through the roof hasn't it.
I have a lot saved up, maybe time to sell some :teehe: I could buy another gun with a few boxes.
It has. Although these are Canadian prices, and everything is typically more expensive here, I still remember when a 20 box of .223's was $5.99 just a few years ago. Now it's triple that price, but I can tell you that wages have not tripled in that time! :scratch:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to get 223 for $2.50 a box, and when younger $2.35.
9mm was about $4.00 to 5.00 for 50.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Learn to reload, boys....

I know the cost of components has gone up dramatically thanks to Obumbo paranoia but it's still less expensive than buying factory ammo at jacked prices...

BUT Mel....You can't mess with reloading your own if you have been sucking on the booze or if you are puffing on the cancer sticks....Just don't do it,....unless you want your final resting place to end up spread out all over the neighborhood.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was going to buy a reload machine, but gave up on the idea, I really don't want the storage nightmare, and I really don't need it anyhow since I have a guy that can reload for me with good prices.
the last order I had from him I was getting 223 for $4 a box, and if I wanted even more ammo he was going to cut the price for me.
Also he doesn't like it, but he will load me nickle plated casings so I can reuse them more.
Starline brass is great for casings by the way. Also not sure if Amazon is still selling, but they used have some good deals on brass.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 12th, 2021, 4:25 pm BUT Mel....You can't mess with reloading your own if you have been sucking on the booze or if you are puffing on the cancer sticks....Just don't do it,....unless you want your final resting place to end up spread out all over the neighborhood.
You're not the boss of me! :angry:

But in all seriousness I haven't had my heaters at the range since I moved, so haven't been going through any of my ammo. In this country, we can only shoot our heaters at the range unfortunately... God only knows what chaos would happen if someone fired off their .22LR handgun in our vast uninhabited forested mountain terrain... :wacko:

Apparently there's an indoor range somewhere here in the region, but it's restricted due to Chinese virus. Outdoor range is good to go though... $80 for a 2021 membership, which isn't bad. It's one of those unmanned ranges where they give you a key to the gate. Really have to get in some more pistol time...

Rules seem reasonable enough:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Logic says you can only shot one rifle at a time, maybe two handguns.
I take usually four-five guns at a time when I go, you about need a wheel barrow for all that, and ammo.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 13th, 2021, 6:32 am Logic says you can only shot one rifle at a time, maybe two handguns.
I take usually four-five guns at a time when I go, you about need a wheel barrow for all that, and ammo.
I rarely bring my rifles or shotgun to the range, since we can shoot those almost anywhere out in the bush...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Really I am limited to where I can shoot anymore so the range is handy.
When I was younger it was better, stop on the side of the road someplace, and go into the woods, or wood line with the big electric towers.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 13th, 2021, 6:53 am Really I am limited to where I can shoot anymore so the range is handy.
When I was younger it was better, stop on the side of the road someplace, and go into the woods, or wood line with the big electric towers.
I bet! Things change quickly though, don't they? That old road up to the shooting place is now filled with homes I bet...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I used to be able to shoot in my back yard, neighbors didn't like it, but they dwelt with it.
Now I would have swat, copters, and maybe the national guard coming after me.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 13th, 2021, 7:33 am I used to be able to shoot in my back yard, neighbors didn't like it, but they dwelt with it.
Now I would have swat, copters, and maybe the national guard coming after me.
I know! I popped off some rounds in the local gravel pit a few years ago, and I'll tell you what happened:

About 30 police cars from multiple jurisdictions surrounded the place, red hot with lights & sirens blazing. I am sure the chopper I heard in the air was theirs also.

Charged with Careless Use of a Firearm. This is a fairly serious offense, as it is a Criminal Code Offense...

Obtained legal council, and the case was stayed come court time... Meaning found not guilty in the court of law.

In this country, that was a huge relief...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would say that's a relief .

I was shooting a BB gun last time I was bothered by police, they must have feared the tin cans would be killed I guess.
I told them to F off, and get off the property, and go bother someone else. They looked surprised, but did leave.
Mel Gibson

BB guns are perfect here for some things, and much more accepted by the 'law' should you wanna get your backyard gun shootin' on!

If I had a BB gun in that gravel pit instead, I wouldn't have been arrested, cuffed, printed, and jailed for the evening! :angry:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The bb gun I had at the time was a piece of junk, and could barely knock over the cans.
I did have my Gamo Pellet rifle in the garage, it sounds like a .22, and they might have not just left like they did.
I'm all for respecting the police as long as they respect me, they didn't when they came up.