Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Well still no idea about a gaming computer, every one I find that looks good is a fortune, and still has issues with cooling, and air flow.
One of the main things I want is a good card, processor, and memory, not many have that unless you spend $3000 or more.
The ones close are missing either ram, memory, or cooling.
I guess being a gaming computer I need a lot of space also, a terabyte, or more, that was never an issue for me with externals, but a gaming computer needs it.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

If you want a top end 3000 series graphics card it'll be $3000+.

rtx 2080 ti looks good if you are on a budget.

I wouldn't want do deal with any heating issue. The latest Xbox Series X is good enough for my 4k gaming. It's just videogame man. No need to take out a mortgage. I guess on PC you can download a bunch of mods.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I actually like some of the mods better than the games, and right now there is a huge mod I can't download for fallout 4 because of the limitations that are put on X-box, and Playstation.
Also I can't use the good graphics mods right now, and some of the bigger quest mods.

I'm thinking about an R-11 Alienware computer, a little expensive though for what I want.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

You have to spec your gaming rig around what monitor you will run...

If you'll be running a 1080 pixel "standard" monitor, you don't really need high specs to make most games work well with it!

It's only when you start getting into the 4K stuff where you'll want top of the line, expensive GPU's...
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: March 5th, 2021, 1:58 am I actually like some of the mods better than the games, and right now there is a huge mod I can't download for fallout 4 because of the limitations that are put on X-box, and Playstation.
Also I can't use the good graphics mods right now, and some of the bigger quest mods.

I'm thinking about an R-11 Alienware computer, a little expensive though for what I want.
Building your own PC is a lot cheaper... And you avoid the bottlenecks these pre-build PCs usually have.

You have to wait until the RTX 3000 series cards become more available and cheaper.

RTX 2080 Ti is really obsolete now.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I talked to a guy who builds computers, and he said the R11 was better than most built ones, and all the stats was synced up perfectly.
He said building one was alright, but there is always some issues you have to work out with drivers, and software compatibility.
I have built two computers, and helped with open so it's not for me.
Mel Gibson

Nothing really wrong with Alienware if you don't want to build your own... Just pick the machine you want and they'll deliver it to your door!
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: March 6th, 2021, 10:21 pm Nothing really wrong with Alienware if you don't want to build your own... Just pick the machine you want and they'll deliver it to your door!
Yes! Just order it and be done with. Gaming in 4k HDR with ray tracing!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I just need a good system that I can play on without crashes, and lagging, and that I can use a lot of mods on.
i saw a mod last night only on PC that adds a Lovecraft style quest to the game, looked really good.

Also It would be nice to create my own mods, I used to make quest up long ago for D&D, people loved them.
That's if I can learn to make them on PC.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Are u playing fallout 4? I might get the game for Xbox Series X. Thought of trying Skyrim but the graphics are no good. I want to get a newer and more powerful laptop. Maybe in 2 months. Drop 3 gran on it. A lot of xbox games are cross-platform with pc. Start the game on the Xbox and continue on pc vice versa.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I play Fallout all the time, and Skyrim, the mods are what keep me playing them.
The thing is I'm getting tired of them with the lack of new quest mods, and room to put more on the system.
I also like Shadow of Mordor also, but want some mods for that game which PS4, and X-box don't have.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I forgot to mention there is graphics mods for fallout, and Skyrim, some pretty nice ones.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

There's a bird stuck in my chimney! It is creating like a metal vibrating sound.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Poor bird, I hope it get out of there, I wonder if it's just making a nest, or something.
Sometimes they will stop up a chimney, that's not safe.
Mel Gibson

Reverse Flash wrote: March 10th, 2021, 12:54 pm There's a bird stuck in my chimney! It is creating like a metal vibrating sound.
I'd be willing to bet it's just a Woodpecker drumming on your metal chimney cap looking for a mate. They love to drum and rap on metal items on roofs during mating season (because the loudest noise attracts potential mate), which begins about now. And yes, it sounds like a machine gun reverberating throughout the house! I'll throw pine cones at them when I've finally had enough!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had a female Downy woodpecker that started waking me up a lot a few years back pecking at the downspout by my window.
I ended up finally running it off taking a broom, and swatting at it a few mornings.
They have been pecking at my vinyl siding also on the garage also over the years, not a big deal on that though.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: March 11th, 2021, 2:46 pm I had a female Downy woodpecker that started waking me up a lot a few years back pecking at the downspout by my window.
I ended up finally running it off taking a broom, and swatting at it a few mornings.
They have been pecking at my vinyl siding also on the garage also over the years, not a big deal on that though.
They can create a lot of noise! I have a steel roof, which they just love during mating season, which is luckily just once in the early Springtime!

Downy Woodpeckers are very common here too, but other larger varieties exist also.

It amazes me that their brain can tolerate the 1,200 to 1,400 G-Forces generated when they do what they do!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A hollow gutter is really loud with them, especially a few feet from your head.
I just wanted it gone, I was working 12-14 hour shifts at that time, and 6 days a week most weeks.

They are really cool birds though, and you don't see many around here, the thing that amazes me is how big the females are compared to the males.
The male looks like a different species they are so much smaller.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: March 10th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Reverse Flash wrote: March 10th, 2021, 12:54 pm There's a bird stuck in my chimney! It is creating like a metal vibrating sound.
I'd be willing to bet it's just a Woodpecker drumming on your metal chimney cap looking for a mate. They love to drum and rap on metal items on roofs during mating season (because the loudest noise attracts potential mate), which begins about now. And yes, it sounds like a machine gun reverberating throughout the house! I'll throw pine cones at them when I've finally had enough!
I guess it was probably a woodpecker.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue.

Do you have these things in your area?