..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Mel Gibson wrote: May 27th, 2021, 4:16 am
Odinson wrote: May 26th, 2021, 1:38 pm A brand new Road King costs around 50k euros around here.

The price consists of:

30% Harley Davidson sticker on the side of the tank.

60% Import taxes and tariffs.

10% Actual bike.
Jesus... That doesn't really surprise me though, since tariffs certainly are a thing even to this day. Tariffs can be good, and bad also, depending on the situation. Canada is in a unique position I suppose, since we're basically 'America-Lite', and always have been for the most part due to our geographical location and cultural similarities. We buy their Harley's, and they buy our lumber, to simplify things to maximum extent! :laugh:

That said, what cruiser style bikes can you buy there without a huge tax/tariff hit? Jap cruisers? Euro manufactured cruisers? You must have some options there, even if it doesn't have the Harley-Davidson sticker on the gas tank?
Its the same with a lot of the American cars... Your Ford F150 costs a lot more in here.

But you can buy used Harleys... They are still eye wateringly expensive though.

Alternatively.

Honda Shadow.
Honda VTX.

Yamaha DragStar aka V-star 1100.
Yamaha Virago.

Kawasaki VN 1500.

The Yamaha Dragstar/V-star is the manliest bike of all of those.

Then there is BMW and Triumph.

Mel Gibson

Nettimoto does have a few Road Kings hovering around 10,000 Euros in Finland... Though as with any 20 year old bike, I'd make sure to get it thoroughly inspected first, since NOTHING on a Harley is cheap to fix/replace. The one advantage with Harley is that they change so little over the years, that a 20 year old bike really wouldn't be much different than a new one, other than the wear and tear.

beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Harrison Lake campers say they were run off campsite by partying group who made veiled death threats
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6041259

All I can say, is that these dumbasses with their threats are lucky they didn't run into the 'wrong people'. There are a lot of grow ops and such in the area.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No gun ? it's the woods, maybe look around they might have found one.
Also a good heavy log would have got the point across to leave me be after clobbering them with it, or my own gun.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: May 28th, 2021, 9:12 am All I can say, is that these dumbasses with their threats are lucky they didn't run into the 'wrong people'. There are a lot of grow ops and such in the area.
Man I don't miss the Lower Mainland at all. Too many idiots all packed into a small area, even out in the bush. These problems don't occur here...
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 28th, 2021, 5:29 pm No gun ? it's the woods, maybe look around they might have found one.
Also a good heavy log would have got the point across to leave me be after clobbering them with it, or my own gun.
Unfortunately our laws make it almost impossible to utilize firearms legally for defense against other people, unless it's a true life or death situation. Even just brandishing one will get you into fairly serious trouble...
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 28th, 2021, 12:20 am Nettimoto does have a few Road Kings hovering around 10,000 Euros in Finland... Though as with any 20 year old bike, I'd make sure to get it thoroughly inspected first, since NOTHING on a Harley is cheap to fix/replace. The one advantage with Harley is that they change so little over the years, that a 20 year old bike really wouldn't be much different than a new one, other than the wear and tear.

Its sort of suspicious when some1 has re-painted a Harley and is not even honest about the reasons.

You re-paint them after an accident.

60k mileage (km in this case) is not a helluva lot but it might be with the wrong type of rider.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: May 29th, 2021, 2:41 am Its sort of suspicious when some1 has re-painted a Harley and is not even honest about the reasons.

60k mileage (km in this case) is not a helluva lot but it might be with the wrong type of rider.
Like I say, that I can't answer... You'd have to inspect it yourself in person, ask some questions, or get someone that can!

Most Harley owners here in Canada (and the US also I guess) are fucking obsessed with maintenance on their machines, even if they hardly ride them. I can't say everyone is, but there's a reason Harley's maintain their resale value.

And to be honest, simply repainting any vehicle is by no means indicative of a big problem, since a layer of paint really can't hide any major problems for those that look closely...

As with anything bought used though, it's always Caveat Emptor!
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Looks pretty neat...

Looks like a German bike. :wink:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

This is a gun thread, come on guys :teehe:
Put a Mini gun on them.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:32 am
Odinson wrote: May 29th, 2021, 2:41 am Its sort of suspicious when some1 has re-painted a Harley and is not even honest about the reasons.

Like I say, that I can't answer... You'd have to inspect it yourself in person, ask some questions, or get someone that can!

Most Harley owners here in Canada (and the US also I guess) are fucking obsessed with maintenance on their machines, even if they hardly ride them. I can't say everyone is, but there's a reason Harley's maintain their resale value.

And to be honest, simply repainting any vehicle is by no means indicative of a big problem, since a layer of paint really can't hide any major problems for those that look closely...

I know that paint doesnt cover the problems. :teehe:

The paint is applied after the repair work.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

When Blue goes to mow the lawn. :laugh:
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Meanwhile, inside Blues SUV
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want the tractor set up, awesome, just needs some armor for it, and spikes, spikes are always cool. :spit:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Went to go pick up my new o/u this weekend...Assembled it, shouldered it and looked it over for any defects...It looks and feels pretty damn good...Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home with me because the NICS is taking anywhere from 3 to 5 business days to get the paperwork approved. I was told that's pretty good compared to a few months ago when it was taking 7 to 9 days....So much for "I" in NICS being "instant" ...The ATF claims that the background check work load is too great to handle in a timely manner. The last gun I bought was about 4 years ago and the NICS took less than 15 minutes.

This is due to the panic buying loonacy we are seeing. People who really have no business buying a gun and would never consider owning a gun are clogging up the system all because of the loony anti-gun coprolite and his prog puppet masters in the Oval Office. Brain dead Joe is a complete disaster everywhere you turn and 81 million morons (putting it politely) voted for this shit because Trump hurt their delicate little sensibilities....You can't make this shit up...If you are a thinking person, it's too stupid to wrap your head around.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: May 30th, 2021, 9:46 am
Mel Gibson wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:32 am

I know that paint doesnt cover the problems. :teehe:

The paint is applied after the repair work.
One of the reasons Harleys are popular is because you can customize the shit out of them...Painting them is part of the customization process...It's not uncommon for owners of older or used bikes to have them repainted.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: June 1st, 2021, 1:20 pm Went to go pick up my new o/u this weekend...Assembled it, shouldered it and looked it over for any defects...It looks and feels pretty damn good...Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home with me because the NICS is taking anywhere from 3 to 5 business days to get the paperwork approved. I was told that's pretty good compared to a few months ago when it was taking 7 to 9 days....So much for "I" in NICS being "instant" ...The ATF claims that the background check work load is too great to handle in a timely manner. The last gun I bought was about 4 years ago and the NICS took less than 15 minutes.

This is due to the panic buying loonacy we are seeing. People who really have no business buying a gun and would never consider owning a gun are clogging up the system all because of the loony anti-gun coprolite and his prog puppet masters in the Oval Office. Brain dead Joe is a complete disaster everywhere you turn and 81 million morons (putting it politely) voted for this shit because Trump hurt their delicate little sensibilities....You can't make this shit up...If you are a thinking person, it's too stupid to wrap your head around.
I thought the courts said that's not lawful for them to hold a weapon that long, not sure.
I can't even find a gun in stock that I want.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 1st, 2021, 4:47 pm
Renee wrote: June 1st, 2021, 1:20 pm Went to go pick up my new o/u this weekend...Assembled it, shouldered it and looked it over for any defects...It looks and feels pretty damn good...Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home with me because the NICS is taking anywhere from 3 to 5 business days to get the paperwork approved. I was told that's pretty good compared to a few months ago when it was taking 7 to 9 days....So much for "I" in NICS being "instant" ...The ATF claims that the background check work load is too great to handle in a timely manner. The last gun I bought was about 4 years ago and the NICS took less than 15 minutes.

I thought the courts said that's not lawful for them to hold a weapon that long, not sure.
I can't even find a gun in stock that I want.
They aren't supppsed to hold up a sale without a legal reason but the huge amount of background checks coming in daily, they can't handle the load.

Just wait and see what happens if that pos, child burning, anti-gun gun, scumbag gets the job of ATF director. He'll make sure no sales go through...He has already stated that he wants to ban and stop all AR sales and will support confiscation of so called assualt weapons....Botox Biden is picking some real winners... This country is totally screwed.
Mel Gibson

The Canadian system would work better for you in this case:

Online order that shotgun, and it would literally be delivered straight to my door in a few days.

In-store impulse buy? I flash my license, and I walk out the door with that shotgun a few minutes later.

Since there's no long-gun registry here anymore, the licence instantly qualifies us for long gun purchase and possession.

Handguns are different though, as they are a different class of firearms here (restricted), so they require a waiting period while the transfer is approved.

That said, I can understand your frustration Renee... to be so close, yet so far, from something you legally purchased but cannot yet take possession of, sucks. I hope the transfer happens fast, and I also hope you're happy with your new purchase.

These days, it's touch and go, with any gun manufacturer... Even the old US names (S&W, Winchester, Marlin, etc.) have managed to produce shit now... Tell us how it goes once you can break down that shotgun!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 6:08 am

The Canadian system would work better for you in this case:

Online order that shotgun, and it would literally be delivered straight to my door in a few days.

In-store impulse buy? I flash my license, and I walk out the door with that shotgun a few minutes later.

Since there's no long-gun registry here anymore, the licence instantly qualifies us for long gun purchase and possession.

Handguns are different though, as they are a different class of firearms here (restricted), so they require a waiting period while the transfer is approved.

That said, I can understand your frustration Renee... to be so close, yet so far, from something you legally purchased but cannot yet take possession of, sucks. I hope the transfer happens fast, and I also hope you're happy with your new purchase.

These days, it's touch and go, with any gun manufacturer... Even the old US names (S&W, Winchester, Marlin, etc.) have managed to produce shit now... Tell us how it goes once you can break down that shotgun!
Well this is kind of unusual. The NICS was supposed to eliminate any need for waiting periods. Unfortunately the load of background check the ATF has been flooded with since all the Civil unrest in the US started has been unprecedented and overwhelming.

As for the gun itself...I assembled it and looked it over in the store...It's a nice gun especially for it's price point. It's basically a Beretta knock off. It locks up like a Beretta 686 but the sear and hammer arrangement is more traditional Browning like. The only criticism I can level from the brief handling is the length of pull is too long for me. It's listed as 14.5" and I need something more like 13.75". But that was to be expected. I have short stubby arms and a big chest so all my shotguns are shortened. I'll shoot some 16 yard trap with it and if I like it, I'll take it to "Griffin and Howe" for stock work.