Fast food, your thoughts ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Fast food, your thoughts ?

I used to get a good burger from Wendy's in the 70s really good, and greasy also.
then here comes the 80s, good frosty, burger was still good, but not as good as the 70s ones.
Here comes the 90s, just as soon eat at Burger King even though they started not being what they where.
here come 2000, Wendy's was edible, but not the first thing to come to mind for something to eat.
2010, the food went way down hill, I could eat it, but rather not have.
2020, is that even meat, please don't bring me that stuff again.
Today, this is nothing but shit, and whats with the lettuces stalk on top, and limp cucumber slices.

I told my mother a year or two ago, never bring me that trash again, and what did I get for breakfast :angry:

Now Burger King, I'm not even starting on the Clown show in the other "burger joint"
I used to enjoy Burger King burgers, especially when I worked in a lumber store next to one.
Then they had Flame Broiled food, not what they have today with whatever that stuff is.
It was reasonably priced, and was not that bad, I actually enjoyed the food.
Now it's not even meat in my view, soggy patty, and not at all cooked over a flame like they used to be.
As a matter of fact i think they microwave the things.
The Fries where really good years back, now what you get is fried it seems not even deep fried, like a lot of places now.
It's the cheep rotten soy, and canola oil for starters.

Now my pet peev, whats with the soy powder shakes everywhere, how nasty can a place be to sell something like that.
It's not a milk shake, it's crap, it's goo, and it's very nasty.

Yeah I'm a bit mad today, I'm sitting here eating a can of beans because there is nothing else other than sweets in the house.
Can't ever fry me up a good burger lately, the ground meat is all tough, and hard around here. :angry:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Re: Fast food, your thoughts ?

I agree, as fast food has gone to shit here also (Canada is really no different in the products served).

Wendy's was the top notch option here for fast food, until Dave Thomas died. After Thomas died, corporate was now free to cheapen their ingredients and revamp the menu, which they did over the next few years. I will no longer purchase their products.

Burger King used to serve an actual flame broiled burger that was OK, but they've been microwaving them now for years. Same as Dairy Queen. No longer care for their products either.

Never really cared for McDonald's at any time, since they were always shit, but their Breakfast meals and coffee are still somewhat edible/drinkable.

A&W here is crap also now.

Basically there's nowhere left to turn for a decent meal, if you want it to come out of a drive-through window... I support local restaurants now, some of which can provide me with a far superior meal for only a couple bucks more. They get my money now. Yeah, there's no drive-through, but it's a small price to pay to actually get quality! And their employees usually speak English also, so that's a bonus! :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Our A&W closed a few years ago, they where not that bad, but went down also since the 90s.
I remember going there when they still had the girls on roller skates that came to your car. :)
The food was decent then.

We have a Rallies, or as some places call them Checkers, they are garbage, and fill the burgers with plant fiber/soy.
When they changed I called them out, and demanded my money back, haven't been back since.

Right now the only fast food Ill eat, and I'm not a fan of them is Arby's, it's edible, but not that good.

We had two mm, and pop places that had good food, but they closed recently because of the Plandimic, couldn't stay open without customers, and no way to pay the bills.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

No such thing as edible fast food...Empty carbs consisting of grease, salt, sugar, chemical food coloring, insect parts, rat droppings, and dash of botulinum toxin are the main ingredients in ALL of it, no matter who makes it.... :yuk:

I swore that shit off years ago after an order of KFC sent me to the ER...No shit.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fast food is great for four hundred pounders.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: May 24th, 2021, 5:01 pm No such thing as edible fast food...Empty carbs consisting of grease, salt, sugar, chemical food coloring, insect parts, rat droppings, and dash of botulinum toxin are the main ingredients in ALL of it, no matter who makes it.... :yuk:

I swore that shit off years ago after an order of KFC sent me to the ER...No shit.
KFC was quite good when they opened up here in my area back in the 70s, real food then, and little of that genetic meat mongrel of a chicken they serve today.
I remember I even ate the Mashed potatoes even, I don't eat those much at any time.
I got ants in my chicken a few times there so that ended my trips to it.
Years back I tried it again, it sucked, didn't even come close to what it was.

i tried Bojangles, got food poisoning, and never went back.
Worst part is I was a probational employee at ford, and couldn't take off so I suffered through it, and kept my cheeks clamped tight. :blush:
Thought I was going to die in the heat, and 12 hour shifts.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 24th, 2021, 11:48 am Our A&W closed a few years ago, they where not that bad, but went down also since the 90s.
I remember going there when they still had the girls on roller skates that came to your car. :)

We have a Rallies, or as some places call them Checkers, they are garbage, and fill the burgers with plant fiber/soy.
When they changed I called them out, and demanded my money back, haven't been back since.

Right now the only fast food Ill eat, and I'm not a fan of them is Arby's, it's edible, but not that good.

We had two mm, and pop places that had good food, but they closed recently because of the Plandimic, couldn't stay open without customers, and no way to pay the bills.
A&W's are very common here for some reason. It's the second largest fast food chain in Canada (behind McDonald's, of course). Langley (where I lived before I moved) had the last operating A&W drive-in in Canada, but it closed in 2000. It was a true drive-in in that it didn't have an inside eating area, which was part of its downfall... Not enough people wanted to eat in their cars as time went by. The property was valuable, so it was sold. A strip mall is now where it once stood. End of an era. They didn't use roller skates though, that I can remember... probably a safety issue. Some of our White Spot restaurants still offer drive-in service though, but they're also all dine-in restaurants too, so they don't only rely on people eating in their cars.

Arby's exists here, but they're not as common. Most locations I see have hardly any patrons inside, and I wonder how they stay open. I will eat Arby's very occasionally, and although I agree it's edible, I just find it to be bland... like it's lacking flavour.

Too bad about the Mom & Pop places due to this Covid BS... The ones around here seem to have survived, but I'm sure just barely, because they were still allowed to do take-outs and deliveries when dining in was halted. In small towns like where I live now, people seem to be more willing to support the local Mom & Pop stores. Walmart in Nelson requested permission to expand the size of its store, and city council told them to get stuffed. They're lucky they even got permission to operate there in the first place, since that town isn't too keen on mega-corporations!
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: May 24th, 2021, 5:01 pm I swore that shit off years ago after an order of KFC sent me to the ER...No shit.
The last time I had KFC (also years ago), I swore the shit must've been sitting under the heat lamps for a couple of days. And since they had the balls to serve me that, I haven't been back since.

I can easily find places that serve quality grilled chicken breast, which is far superior to a bucket of KFC that's so greasy the grease somehow manages to permeate right through the wax lined bucket which I didn't think was even possible...
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

A&W root beer float is good. At the waterfront building where our office is there is an A&W and Subway. Really sick of this stuff. That's what I have been having for months. Grab a quick bite on my break.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:36 am
Renee wrote: May 24th, 2021, 5:01 pm I swore that shit off years ago after an order of KFC sent me to the ER...No shit.
The last time I had KFC (also years ago), I swore the shit must've been sitting under the heat lamps for a couple of days. And since they had the balls to serve me that, I haven't been back since.

I can easily find places that serve quality grilled chicken breast, which is far superior to a bucket of KFC that's so greasy the grease somehow manages to permeate right through the wax lined bucket which I didn't think was even possible...
My local supermarket makes fresh fried chicken daily. I hear it's not bad but I have never eaten it...It seems to sell out quickly. Most days if you don't get there before 6 pm, you're SOL.

The last time I had KFC it literally sent me to the ER. I had diarrhea and vomiting so bad that I ended up extremely dehydrated and had to be put on an IV for a few hours. I was sick for days afterward and worst of all it was during the holidays (2 days before Christmas) and I was still puking Christmas Eve. Now there are times that I can't even look at fried chicken without getting the dry heaves.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:29 am

My local supermarket makes fresh fried chicken daily. I hear it's not bad but I have never eaten it...It seems to sell out quickly. Most days if you don't get there before 6 pm, you're SOL.

The last time I had KFC it literally sent me to the ER. I had diarrhea and vomiting so bad that I ended up extremely dehydrated and had to be put on an IV for a few hours. I was sick for days afterward and worst of all it was during the holidays (2 days before Christmas) and I was still puking Christmas Eve. Now there are times that I can't even look at fried chicken without getting the dry heaves.
When you say "fried", do you mean boiled in grease or cooked on the pan?

I made chicken steaks yesterday and I cooked them on the pan with some oil.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:37 am
Renee wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:29 am

When you say "fried", do you mean boiled in grease or cooked on the pan?

I made chicken steaks yesterday and I cooked them on the pan with some oil.
"Deep fried"...Traditional southern fried chicken. The kind of crap Shen Li goes apeshit for.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: May 25th, 2021, 2:28 am
Blue Frost wrote: May 24th, 2021, 11:48 am Our A&W closed a few years ago, they where not that bad, but went down also since the 90s.

A&W's are very common here for some reason. It's the second largest fast food chain in Canada (behind McDonald's, of course). Langley (where I lived before I moved) had the last operating A&W drive-in in Canada, but it closed in 2000. It was a true drive-in in that it didn't have an inside eating area, which was part of its downfall... Not enough people wanted to eat in their cars as time went by. The property was valuable, so it was sold. A strip mall is now where it once stood. End of an era. They didn't use roller skates though, that I can remember... probably a safety issue. Some of our White Spot restaurants still offer drive-in service though, but they're also all dine-in restaurants too, so they don't only rely on people eating in their cars.

Arby's exists here, but they're not as common. Most locations I see have hardly any patrons inside, and I wonder how they stay open. I will eat Arby's very occasionally, and although I agree it's edible, I just find it to be bland... like it's lacking flavour.

Too bad about the Mom & Pop places due to this Covid BS... The ones around here seem to have survived, but I'm sure just barely, because they were still allowed to do take-outs and deliveries when dining in was halted. In small towns like where I live now, people seem to be more willing to support the local Mom & Pop stores. Walmart in Nelson requested permission to expand the size of its store, and city council told them to get stuffed. They're lucky they even got permission to operate there in the first place, since that town isn't too keen on mega-corporations!
Same here with Arby's, I wonder how they stay open also.
They food is alright, but bland like you said.

I remember when one opened here, and when I was a kid, my dad stopped in, and all I wanted was a hamburger, I got a ham sandwich :kez:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: May 25th, 2021, 3:27 am A&W root beer float is good. At the waterfront building where our office is there is an A&W and Subway. Really sick of this stuff. That's what I have been having for months. Grab a quick bite on my break.
They used to be a lot better, but they don't mix the Root bear like they used to do, I think the sugar is different also.
They mix their own in house Root bear if you didn't know, it's better than the store bought stuff.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Fast food is trash now...it's all about the money. They don't pay enough for their employees to have to deal with some trashy people everyday.

Food quality in general has gone down. I love fast food, but I stay away....if anything my favorite is New York Fries poutine with a side of cheese sauce, atleast the potatoes are real and cooked fresh the same day.

I'm a dork for mozza burgers at a&w.....tea and a quarter pounder with cheese at mcds....cheese burgers at burger King....its total crap but sometimes I need the calories...I do get tired of eating Bananas and drinking coffee.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's bad enough the fast food is bad, but the food we get to prepare is bad anymore also.
The oils are trash, the butter is trash if it is butter anymore, Soy in everything, or corn oil.
All the stuff that used to be cattle feed, and thrown out we are eating now.
They strip our food, and put more garbage back in trying to push the healthy propaganda on it.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

fast food masterpiece the Burger King http://2damnfunny.com/the-burger-king-a ... sterpiece/