..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Renee wrote: June 1st, 2021, 1:24 pm
Odinson wrote: May 30th, 2021, 9:46 am
Mel Gibson wrote: May 29th, 2021, 3:32 am
Odinson wrote: May 29th, 2021, 2:41 am Its sort of suspicious when some1 has re-painted a Harley and is not even honest about the reasons.

You re-paint them after an accident.

60k mileage (km in this case) is not a helluva lot but it might be with the wrong type of rider.
Like I say, that I can't answer... You'd have to inspect it yourself in person, ask some questions, or get someone that can!

Most Harley owners here in Canada (and the US also I guess) are fucking obsessed with maintenance on their machines, even if they hardly ride them. I can't say everyone is, but there's a reason Harley's maintain their resale value.

And to be honest, simply repainting any vehicle is by no means indicative of a big problem, since a layer of paint really can't hide any major problems for those that look closely...

As with anything bought used though, it's always Caveat Emptor!
I know that paint doesnt cover the problems. :teehe:

The paint is applied after the repair work.
One of the reasons Harleys are popular is because you can customize the shit out of them...Painting them is part of the customization process...It's not uncommon for owners of older or used bikes to have them repainted.
Some of the USA located experts in follow on youtube, seem to agree with me... Repainting a Harley is sort of suspicious.

Collision bike... Flood bike... Burned bike.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 8:39 pm
Blue Frost wrote: June 1st, 2021, 4:47 pm
Renee wrote: June 1st, 2021, 1:20 pm Went to go pick up my new o/u this weekend...Assembled it, shouldered it and looked it over for any defects...It looks and feels pretty damn good...Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home with me because the NICS is taking anywhere from 3 to 5 business days to get the paperwork approved. I was told that's pretty good compared to a few months ago when it was taking 7 to 9 days....So much for "I" in NICS being "instant" ...The ATF claims that the background check work load is too great to handle in a timely manner. The last gun I bought was about 4 years ago and the NICS took less than 15 minutes.

This is due to the panic buying loonacy we are seeing. People who really have no business buying a gun and would never consider owning a gun are clogging up the system all because of the loony anti-gun coprolite and his prog puppet masters in the Oval Office. Brain dead Joe is a complete disaster everywhere you turn and 81 million morons (putting it politely) voted for this shit because Trump hurt their delicate little sensibilities....You can't make this shit up...If you are a thinking person, it's too stupid to wrap your head around.
I thought the courts said that's not lawful for them to hold a weapon that long, not sure.
I can't even find a gun in stock that I want.
They aren't supppsed to hold up a sale without a legal reason but the huge amount of background checks coming in daily, they can't handle the load.

Just wait and see what happens if that pos, child burning, anti-gun gun, scumbag gets the job of ATF director. He'll make sure no sales go through...He has already stated that he wants to ban and stop all AR sales and will support confiscation of so called assualt weapons....Botox Biden is picking some real winners... This country is totally screwed.
I think it's BS, and they are holding up because they know they can. We had the same amount of guns being sold when Trump was in office, Biden gets in, and we are delayed.
I know what it is, and it's not numbers.

I saw the idiot they want in charge in the ATF, he should be flushed with the rest of the bunch in Liberal government.
I can't think of any other than one that is a Demascat anymore, and she is Kryptonite to her own, more republican also than a lot on that side also. I forget her name, but she didn't get the nomination of course
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm The only criticism I can level from the brief handling is the length of pull is too long for me. It's listed as 14.5" and I need something more like 13.75". But that was to be expected. I have short stubby arms and a big chest so all my shotguns are shortened. I'll shoot some 16 yard trap with it and if I like it, I'll take it to "Griffin and Howe" for stock work.
I have the same issue with shotguns, even though I believe my arms are fairly 'average' in length. Interestingly enough, the LOP on rifles suit me just fine... Which makes me wonder why shotguns have longer standard LOP's than rifles do, as this doesn't really make much sense to me.

That said, I can make things work as is, but if I was ever to enter serious competition I'd probably get my shotguns stock shortened also.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 2:41 pm Some of the USA located experts in follow on youtube, seem to agree with me... Repainting a Harley is sort of suspicious.

Collision bike... Flood bike... Burned bike.
Part of owning a Harley is wrenching... it's a brotherhood. I will tell you this: If you are afraid of expensive repairs, a Harley is NOT for you!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 5:08 pm
Renee wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 8:39 pm
Blue Frost wrote: June 1st, 2021, 4:47 pm
Renee wrote: June 1st, 2021, 1:20 pm Went to go pick up my new o/u this weekend...Assembled it, shouldered it and looked it over for any defects...It looks and feels pretty damn good...Unfortunately I couldn't bring it home with me because the NICS is taking anywhere from 3 to 5 business days to get the paperwork approved. I was told that's pretty good compared to a few months ago when it was taking 7 to 9 days....So much for "I" in NICS being "instant" ...The ATF claims that the background check work load is too great to handle in a timely manner. The last gun I bought was about 4 years ago and the NICS took less than 15 minutes.

This is due to the panic buying loonacy we are seeing. People who really have no business buying a gun and would never consider owning a gun are clogging up the system all because of the loony anti-gun coprolite and his prog puppet masters in the Oval Office. Brain dead Joe is a complete disaster everywhere you turn and 81 million morons (putting it politely) voted for this shit because Trump hurt their delicate little sensibilities....You can't make this shit up...If you are a thinking person, it's too stupid to wrap your head around.
I thought the courts said that's not lawful for them to hold a weapon that long, not sure.
I can't even find a gun in stock that I want.
They aren't supppsed to hold up a sale without a legal reason but the huge amount of background checks coming in daily, they can't handle the load.

Just wait and see what happens if that pos, child burning, anti-gun gun, scumbag gets the job of ATF director. He'll make sure no sales go through...He has already stated that he wants to ban and stop all AR sales and will support confiscation of so called assualt weapons....Botox Biden is picking some real winners... This country is totally screwed.
I think it's BS, and they are holding up because they know they can. We had the same amount of guns being sold when Trump was in office, Biden gets in, and we are delayed.
I know what it is, and it's not numbers.

I saw the idiot they want in charge in the ATF, he should be flushed with the rest of the bunch in Liberal government.
I can't think of any other than one that is a Demascat anymore, and she is Kryptonite to her own, more republican also than a lot on that side also. I forget her name, but she didn't get the nomination of course
I would like to think that it's bullshit as well but I'm not so sure...FBI data shows that six of the top 10 days for instant background checks were in March of this year alone. The week of March 15-21 was the top week for FBI background checks since 1998, completing 1,218,002 total firearms checks in a week. There have been record breaking firearms sales since ANTIFA and BLM started stirring up their terrorist horseshit...People are buying guns in record numbers out of fear, so much so that manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand for guns and especially ammunition. Shipments of imported guns coming from Turkey, Europe, Japan, China, etc are still being held up because shipments were limited due to COVID. Now there is a back log and if goods are not deemed as essential, they take a backseat and have to wait for a spot on a plane or shipping container to open up.

I'm pretty sure the ATF and the FBI were unprepared for the wave of background checks they are being hit with but it has also taken them far too long to react to the increased demand. The wheels of government turn very slowly, even in the law enforcement end of it...They simply are not equipped to react like private industry because their existence is perpetuated by tax dollars. They never have to actually perform at what we in the real world would consider an efficient level...Reacting to the increased demand of a record number of background checks would mean that someone in the food chain of ATF clerks would actually have to do some work and that ain't going to happen in my lifetime.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: June 4th, 2021, 1:53 am
Renee wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 2:02 pm The only criticism I can level from the brief handling is the length of pull is too long for me. It's listed as 14.5" and I need something more like 13.75". But that was to be expected. I have short stubby arms and a big chest so all my shotguns are shortened. I'll shoot some 16 yard trap with it and if I like it, I'll take it to "Griffin and Howe" for stock work.
I have the same issue with shotguns, even though I believe my arms are fairly 'average' in length. Interestingly enough, the LOP on rifles suit me just fine... Which makes me wonder why shotguns have longer standard LOP's than rifles do, as this doesn't really make much sense to me.

That said, I can make things work as is, but if I was ever to enter serious competition I'd probably get my shotguns stock shortened also.
Rifles you can usually make due as they come from the factory unless you are much smaller or much bigger than average, but shotguns need to fit properly. Proper fit is the basis of successful shotguning. You don't need to be a serious competitor to benefit from a properly fit shotgun. Even as a casual recreational shooter that simply wants to improve their scores, a properly fit shotgun goes a long way to achieving that goal and that is the goal and the point of it all. You can be out on the course with a 50,000 dollar Krieghoff or a Perazzi and if it doesn't fit you, that high dollar masterpiece isn't going to make you a better shooter.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: June 4th, 2021, 10:21 am Rifles you can usually make due as they come from the factory unless you are much smaller or much bigger than average, but shotguns need to fit properly. Proper fit is the basis of successful shotguning. You don't need to be a serious competitor to benefit from a properly fit shotgun. Even as a casual recreational shooter that simply wants to improve their scores, a properly fit shotgun goes a long way to achieving that goal and that is the goal and the point of it all. You can be out on the course with a 50,000 dollar Krieghoff or a Perazzi and if it doesn't fit you, that high dollar masterpiece isn't going to make you a better shooter.
Good advice, and no argument from me!

Still I wonder though, why shotguns come standard with a longer LOP than rifles do...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Okay, here it is. My father is here visiting and he already gave it his seal of approval. The only criticism so far is that the action is very tight. It's as tight as either of my hand fitted Merkels and that is saying something. There is no evidence of binding so it must be just very close tolerances....That will work out with use... :)

Please excuse the poor picture quality as I had to resize them on my phone.

1622934822442.jpg
1622934822442.jpg (140.2 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Improved cylinder and modified extended competion chokes came with the gun standard along with 3 flush mounted chokes, improved modified, full and skeet and wrench. Adjustable comb with spaces and Allen key as well.

1622934907665.jpg
1622934907665.jpg (149.24 KiB) Viewed 256 times
The wood is not bad and the wood to metal fit is good considering the price point of the gun. A matte finish on the steel and oil on the wood.

1622934965123.jpg
1622934965123.jpg (205.35 KiB) Viewed 256 times
Note the jeweling on the automatic ejectors and part of the monoblock. It's got chrome lined barrels and lengthened forcing cones.

Overall it's a nice gun. Even the guys at the gun store were impressed and they are a Browning and Benelli dealer... I'll take it to the range in a few weeks and put it through it's paces when my schedule permits.
Mel Gibson

That jeweling reminds me of the bolt on a cheap 1970's Mossberg pump that I once owned... That said, it appears you are happy with your initial purchase! I hope it performs at the range just as well.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: June 6th, 2021, 4:13 am That jeweling reminds me of the bolt on a cheap 1970's Mossberg pump that I once owned... That said, it appears you are happy with your initial purchase! I hope it performs at the range just as well.
Jeweling on a mossberg is like lipstick on a pig...They generally make a very functional gun but aesthetics is not their forte.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The action of the trigger might loosen up after a few hundred rounds through it, I had a few like that.
Also took a few apart, and took a cotton ball to the parts to find the rough parts, and honed them down some, makes a slick trigger.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 6th, 2021, 1:42 pm The action of the trigger might loosen up after a few hundred rounds through it, I had a few like that.
Also took a few apart, and took a cotton ball to the parts to find the rough parts, and honed them down some, makes a slick trigger.
The trigger is already nice. My gauge say it breaks at about 4 lbs and it's nice and crisp. No creep or take up or grit.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

4 lbs is nice, I wish every new gun came out with a good trigger in that range, many are 12 lbs now it seems.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 7th, 2021, 3:45 pm 4 lbs is nice, I wish every new gun came out with a good trigger in that range, many are 12 lbs now it seems.
Yeah, lately the trigger pulls on even so called quality guns is for shit. I was pleasantly surprise with the trigger pull on this Turk gun....The triggers on Browning semi-autos are especially bad. Many times the pull weight is more than the weight of the gun. Browning has claimed that it's for liability reasons but that is all zoo dust....They can still make a good trigger pull for their over and unders but not their semi-automatics????...Something doesn't smell right and it's not Mel,....this time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They are called Lawyer proof triggers since people love shooting themselves, and other people when they have no holster, and it stuffed in their pants like an idiot cocked, and loaded.
I prefer 4 lb triggers myself, e lbs at the least for something I carry, most anything else gets dangerous.
I do have a 2 and a half one in my race gun, but it lives in a case not a holster, or in my pants.

I believe Ruger started the stiff triggers, and also the 10 round mag stuff, they are quite asses for that stuff.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Seen this a few weeks back, forgot where it was, but now I found it again :)
Great answer

Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: June 8th, 2021, 1:59 pm They are called Lawyer proof triggers
This. As time goes on, we'll see even heavier trigger pulls...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 8th, 2021, 10:52 pm Seen this a few weeks back, forgot where it was, but now I found it again :)
Great answer

Can't even comment on how dead on balls accurate that is.... And I don't expect people of other nations to understand it as it is uniquely part of the American psyche.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Remember a few years back they gave up their guns, and then waves of blacks, and Muslims came in that have guns, and explosives.
Now they are all running the streets, as the people cower to them, and afraid of going to jail for complaining about them.
2+2 = someone knew, and it was all planned.
I really don't care what anyone thinks about me protecting myself, and family from that, and tyrants coming in.