Trees

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: Trees

I love trees... lots of tall ones outside the living room window in the park... I love that rustling sound when the window's open in summer at night and you can just listen. It's like they're talking... got a couple of big pine cones I've found over there as well on my window sills. Bring nature indoors...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:49 am A long time scientific study has revealed that kids who spend a lot of time around trees have improved cognitive abilities. I wonder if the energy or energy fields of trees isn’t the cause of this positive effect. https://www.sciencealert.com/trees-migh ... w-research
Interesting, what does mr, chimp think of this study.
Mr. Chimp throws poo at the study, and demands a banana :spit:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:08 pm I love trees... lots of tall ones outside the living room window in the park... I love that rustling sound when the window's open in summer at night and you can just listen. It's like they're talking... got a couple of big pine cones I've found over there as well on my window sills. Bring nature indoors...
I used to love sitting in the woods under some trees, and reading a book, and just listening to the world go by. :)
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Wonder if the trees are aware of us Frosty... like you reading under them. I wish we had more trees and nearby forests instead of ugly urban grey... you never get decaying natural landscapes.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They know some things, and react, but we don't notice the subtleties.
One big one is when it's going to rain, the leaves turn.

There is one thing also in Africa, the trees started poisoning the giraffe, and let the other trees know they where eating them.
The conservation people was all in a panic over dead giraffe, and the trees was killing them.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Twilight turtle wrote: July 28th, 2021, 4:02 pm Wonder if the trees are aware of us Frosty... like you reading under them. I wish we had more trees and nearby forests instead of ugly urban grey... you never get decaying natural landscapes.
I have come across evidence that trees and plants can sense our possibly energy fields and sense our intentions. An example given was a person putting scissors by a leaf before cutting it the plant gave some kind of reading that showed that the plant knew what the person was about to do, this is many decades old knowledge.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote: July 28th, 2021, 6:13 pm They know some things, and react, but we don't notice the subtleties.
One big one is when it's going to rain, the leaves turn.

There is one thing also in Africa, the trees started poisoning the giraffe, and let the other trees know they where eating them.
The conservation people was all in a panic over dead giraffe, and the trees was killing them.
Frosty, didn't know about leaves turning over when rain's coming... maybe they pick up on changes in the air or the light maybe.

Looks like trees look out for each other... wow, that's amazing that. Poor giraffes tho. :(
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Gary Oak wrote: July 28th, 2021, 11:20 pm I have come across evidence that trees and plants can sense our possibly energy fields and sense our intentions. An example given was a person putting scissors by a leaf before cutting it the plant gave some kind of reading that showed that the plant knew what the person was about to do, this is many decades old knowledge.
Gary, that's amazing as well... the poor plants and they can't move themselves to avoid it. I've always wondered if picking flowers, if they felt it and stopped doing it when I was a child, I did wonder back then. I just leave everything alone for a long time. Feels like desecration and meddling with nature. Not just that, but it stops the plant from making its seeds and going on.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Twilight Turtle, I think that if you take a look through the pages of this tree thread that you might find some other articles that you will find interesting. Flowers feed bees, hover flies and some other insects as well as hummingbirds and this is the reason I avoid damaging them.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Well now I know that my lawn hates and fears me... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Gary Oak wrote: July 29th, 2021, 8:13 am Twilight Turtle, I think that if you take a look through the pages of this tree thread that you might find some other articles that you will find interesting. Flowers feed bees, hover flies and some other insects as well as hummingbirds and this is the reason I avoid damaging them.
Gary, I'll have a read thru... I hadn't noticed this til now. :)
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote: July 13th, 2016, 5:08 pm We had a huge Walnut in our area, biggest in the region I believe, but it was cut down for a failed store :(
It should have been protected, any tree hundreds of years old should be unless a danger, and dying.
Honestly, I despise that... chopping them down just to make money from that space. Why that space... probably other spaces with nothing on they could use instead. Another one, when someone moves into a house and chops down a tree out front to make more parking space for their junk vehicles. They buzz off after a few years and it looks a bloody mess with the oil stains left and dead grass.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

I haven't got a garden but my mum has, a small back garden. She's always tried to keep it to help nature, plants wild flower seeds and leaves some stinging nettles and other weeds to help. They in the border tho and they don't look a mess or anything as they're near other plants and a big tree there that sort of disguises them. She's never used weed killer or anything artificial either. There's hedgehogs that visit sometimes, good for them, no poisons around.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hedgehogs ? Which country do you live in Twilight Turtle ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:spit: I think shes a professional on those little buggers.
I have seen a few online I sure would love to have, but I also would have a zoo if I could.
Red Panda, Australian Opossum, Saber tooth tiger :teehe:
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Frosty, what my mum's a professional? Yep, she is almost. :cool: Gourmet diet for them when they visit... bowl of water too. They usually leave the babies behind tho. :rose:

Gary, in GB.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

She saves them also, big heart :) to bad everyone doesn't have one, the little things need all the love they can get.
We don't have them here, kind of wish we did though except for dealing with the hurt, ones, and sick.
Gary, they are in Africa also, and Asia, middle east even.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Twilight turtle wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 3:48 pm Frosty, what my mum's a professional? Yep, she is almost. :cool: Gourmet diet for them when they visit... bowl of water too. They usually leave the babies behind tho. :rose:

Gary, in GB.
Hi Twilight Turtle, which part of GB do you reside? I was there once and may return again.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Gary, I'm on the east coast, north east Essex way. Too near to London for me but been here so long since it was a lot more countryside decades back when we came here. I remember you saying you'd been here before. :thumbsup:
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Blue Frost wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 5:26 pm She saves them also, big heart :) to bad everyone doesn't have one, the little things need all the love they can get.
We don't have them here, kind of wish we did though except for dealing with the hurt, ones, and sick.
Gary, they are in Africa also, and Asia, middle east even.
Frosty, my mum reminds me of Snow White sometimes, but retired age and still helping the lil 4 legged ones or ones with lil wings. They know a good thing and know they're wanted maybe. Prolly just the food and bowl of water probably... there was a lil lone bird a few years back, mum noticed he/she was flying wonky in the garden and always into the same tree in the garden so mum put food out to make it easier for him to get food and not overuse his damaged looking wing.

They have it so hard winter time... no supermarket for them... :(