Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

:teehe: Of course some consider it racist to do these things now. :laugh:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: December 25th, 2021, 4:40 am How much does the lawn tractor weight?

You can put chains on the wheels for additional grip.

A snow-thrower is probably more practical choice.
My lawn tractor weighs about 500 lbs (without me on it), but even with chains it would still struggle to plow heavy snow, because they're only two wheel drive. Now, if a guy could afford a four wheel drive loader/tractor of some sort, that would be a different story! That's getting into real tractor territory though, and those aren't cheap!

A snow-thrower is more practical in many cases (especially in tighter spots), since you can toss the snow wherever you want, instead of being forced to just push it into one big pile. Plus I get a bit of exercise walking slowly behind the machine!
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2021, 10:24 am I tried chains, and weights even on mine years back, it wasn't worth the trouble, a snow blower is a lot better.
My tractor just bogged down a lot, and when it did plow it skimmed the top off, and left the packed snow.
Yep. Many people own lawn tractors here, but they don't use 'em to plow.

Four wheel drive quads, on the other hand, actually do handle snow plowing quite well! I wouldn't buy a quad just for plowing though, since they are expensive, but many around here use them for other things also like hunting, work around the property, etc, so they don't buy them just for plowing...
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2021, 10:21 am Nice, it's drab, and 68 degrees here, looks like rain coming in.
You need a couple rain-deer, and a sleigh in that snow, that's a nice one.

Got woke early this morning, someone calling for my mom on the phone :( I have not called them back yet.
I have 7 people coming over today, I'm not really looking forward to it right now to be honest.
Ill deal with it, and try though for their sake.
I hope you have a great day, I would say come on over, but that's a bit far.
At least you don't have to shovel the rain! But ya, rain and gray can be a bummer too. Where I used to live, it rained all the time, and snow wasn't as common... It almost gets depressing after a while. I don't mind dealing with snow... Got another six inches here today. It makes everything look nice. And unlike the big city, people here can actually drive properly in the snow! When it snows in a big city? May as well stay home since you won't be getting anywhere fast! Clowns running bald all-season tires skidding all over the place...

Thanks, and thanks for the invite, but that would be one hell of a long drive! Calculated the driving distance: 2,242.07 mi (3,608.26 km).
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2021, 5:53 pm So I think today should be called Christ-it's-a-mess.
Man there is so much garbage, and stuff all over the place, and someone brought glitter in on something. :panic:
When I'm ruler of the world glitter will be banned, anyone caught with it will be put in a sewer with a toothbrush for life.
My Grandfather hated glitter too, and would always grumble something similar: "Verflucht, diese Scheiße sollte verboten." Basically, "Damn it, that shit should be banned."
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: December 25th, 2021, 9:55 pm
Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2021, 5:53 pm So I think today should be called Christ-it's-a-mess.
Man there is so much garbage, and stuff all over the place, and someone brought glitter in on something. :panic:
When I'm ruler of the world glitter will be banned, anyone caught with it will be put in a sewer with a toothbrush for life.
My Grandfather hated glitter too, and would always grumble something similar: "Verflucht, diese Scheiße sollte verboten." Basically, "Damn it, that shit should be banned."
:laugh: Sounds like him, and me would have got along real good just for that.
Most likely he grumbled at a lot that I do also.

Well it turned out sunny, and 72 here today, a bit windy though.
I enjoyed it a little, I hope the family did, but my sister was sick, and makes me worry about her.
I got junk I don't need, but I always do, but that's Christmas of course.

LOL, My nephew got me this gray jacket, I kind of look like Robert E Lee in it with my white whiskers. :laugh:

Clean up is done now, it was a big mess, the glitter is still popping up on everything no matter how I try to get rid of the stuff. :angry:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: December 25th, 2021, 9:20 pm
Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2021, 10:24 am I tried chains, and weights even on mine years back, it wasn't worth the trouble, a snow blower is a lot better.
My tractor just bogged down a lot, and when it did plow it skimmed the top off, and left the packed snow.
Yep. Many people own lawn tractors here, but they don't use 'em to plow.

Four wheel drive quads, on the other hand, actually do handle snow plowing quite well! I wouldn't buy a quad just for plowing though, since they are expensive, but many around here use them for other things also like hunting, work around the property, etc, so they don't buy them just for plowing...
I know someone who uses his quad for snow every year, makes quite a bit doing driveways, and parking lots.
He usually just has fun on it around the neighborhood, but takes it camping also.
Mel Gibson

This is apparently the worlds most powerful snow blower... The Norwegian Overaasen TV 2200. It can really blow the snow!

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice, I could bury my neighbors house with that the next snow. :evil:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Merry Christmas everyone...A little belated. :pardon:

I hope Santa was good to everyone... :)

My Christmas was quite. The girls are spending the holidays with their dad so they are on the other side of the country. I was invite to my relatives in Boston but I hate going there for their typical dysfunctional Southie Christmas.. It's always horrifying...So once again, I'm on the family shit list....nothing new :laugh:

So it was just me wallowing in my own self pity... I used to love the Holidays but they are so complicated now that I actually dread them. To cheer myself up I went to the local gunshop and bought a new 16ga semi... I needed that like I need an extra asshole but I couldn't resist. It's amazing the stupid shit you will do when you are depressed... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

I hope everyone's having a peaceful Christmas. :treestar: :xmas: :stocking2:

It'll be over soon... not that keen on Xmas day or Boxing day much, just the run up to Xmas really.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: December 26th, 2021, 11:02 am Merry Christmas everyone...A little belated. :pardon:

My Christmas was quite. The girls are spending the holidays with their dad so they are on the other side of the country. I was invite to my relatives in Boston but I hate going there for their typical dysfunctional Southie Christmas.. It's always horrifying...So once again, I'm on the family shit list....nothing new :laugh:

So it was just me wallowing in my own self pity... I used to love the Holidays but they are so complicated now that I actually dread them. To cheer myself up I went to the local gunshop and bought a new 16ga semi... I needed that like I need an extra asshole but I couldn't resist. It's amazing the stupid shit you will do when you are depressed... :laugh:
You are lucky you found something, the gun I want has been out of stock since before Biden stole the election.
The Shotgun I want they went out of business. :facepalm:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: December 26th, 2021, 11:40 am I hope everyone's having a peaceful Christmas. :treestar: :xmas: :stocking2:

It'll be over soon... not that keen on Xmas day or Boxing day much, just the run up to Xmas really.
It's over here, I put the tree in a bucket, and tossed it back into the garage. :laugh:
Now If I can be rid of the glitter, that damn glitter. :facepalm: it was on my face this morning when I woke even.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 26th, 2021, 3:15 pm
Renee wrote: December 26th, 2021, 11:02 am Merry Christmas everyone...A little belated. :pardon:

You are lucky you found something, the gun I want has been out of stock since before Biden stole the election.
I assume you mean Remington. Well they're back in business but I don't know if they are producing the gun you want....

I'm retiring my my old 16ga Fox Sterlingworth while it's still in good shape. From now on it will be a safe queen...It's choked a little tight for grouse and rabbits anyway....I bought a Tristar Viper...The get good reviews from people who own them. A hunting partner of my dad's has a 20ga and he has used it for 3 seasons now with no issues. Unlike my Fox, LC Smith, Merkels, and Brownings, it's the kind of gun that's cheap enough so that you don't give a crap if it gets scratched up in the brush or dropped or wet or whatever. As long as it's reliable, points nice and goes boom when you pull the trigger.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: December 26th, 2021, 4:34 pm

I assume you mean Remington. Well they're back in business but I don't know if they are producing the gun you want....

I'm retiring my my old 16ga Fox Sterlingworth while it's still in good shape. From now on it will be a safe queen...It's choked a little tight for grouse and rabbits anyway....I bought a Tristar Viper...The get good reviews from people who own them. A hunting partner of my dad's has a 20ga and he has used it for 3 seasons now with no issues. Unlike my Fox, LC Smith, Merkels, and Brownings, it's the kind of gun that's cheap enough so that you don't give a crap if it gets scratched up in the brush or dropped or wet or whatever. As long as it's reliable, points nice and goes boom when you pull the trigger.
I know they are "back", and suppose to start producing the one I want, but no word when.
I don't want any Express garbage, I want the old school Wingmaster, preferably a nice grade one.
The pistol I want is A Witness Hunter in 10mm with the ports in the slide, two would be better than one.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Speaking of scratch, and dent, I would take a nice Mossburg, I always liked them since my first one many years ago.
Always worked, and shot well so no issues for me.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 26th, 2021, 5:15 pm

I know they are "back", and suppose to start producing the one I want, but no word when.
I don't want any Express garbage, I want the old school Wingmaster, preferably a nice grade one.
The pistol I want is A Witness Hunter in 10mm with the ports in the slide, two would be better than one.
Yeah, the express guns are rough as fuck... Looking at them it's hard to believe that a company like Remington produced such shit. Small wonder why they went titts up.

It's the same with the Beretta A300 Outlander.... It's a travesty that pos, parts sourced, junker wears the Beretta name.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: December 25th, 2021, 5:57 pm :teehe: Of course some consider it racist to do these things now. :laugh:

Some of us would still do it. :cool:
Mel Gibson

Oh yeah? Don't make us come down there and burn down the White House again! :toung:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: December 26th, 2021, 8:05 pm
Blue Frost wrote: December 26th, 2021, 5:15 pm

Yeah, the express guns are rough as fuck... Looking at them it's hard to believe that a company like Remington produced such shit. Small wonder why they went titts up.

It's the same with the Beretta A300 Outlander.... It's a travesty that pos, parts sourced, junker wears the Beretta name.
I looked at the Express when it came out since I was excited to see one in a magazine.
Soon as the man handed it to me, and it rattled like a baby rattle I handed it right back without looking it over.
I looked at another, and handed it right back, and was told they where all like that.
They where garbage, and still likely are.

The A300 isn't as bad, but hell no, give us some of those nice Beretta's they wont sell over here, like the Benelli's.
For the price Ill go with Mossburg over them any day.