Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Blue Frost wrote: January 5th, 2022, 3:09 pm :hhd:
Well I didn't get to the doctor today, I made some medicine of my own last night, and it helped a lot.
Also I now have a Nebulizer, and plenty of juice for it.
My oxygen levels have went back up into the mid 90s from the low 80s also.
My stomach since I quit the over the counter stuff has settled down some also, but still making me look fatter :blush: what I get for making fun of Odis girls I guess.
The only thing I wish is I could get something for the pain, coughing has me hurting all over.

Well I hope everyone else is well, and you don't get anything like I have. I never had it so bad unless it was when i was little.
Maybe snow here tomorrow, might clean the air some so I can breath better, my guess that's part of why I got this.
Good to hear. I was worried.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Thank You Renee, means a lot.
My oxygen is back up again now around 97%, it was 84% a lot the last two days.
Laying down is what hurts me even though I need rest.
I can at least talk today, and called up a few people so to let them know I'm better.

My niece is worried to death about me, I feel bad really about it.
Shes been insisting I get help, and giving me lectures.
Shes like my daughter you know, love her to pieces.

I'm baking brownies now so Ill be a lot better soon. :teehe:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think I'm turning to Darth Vader''s brother, this vapor thing is something else.
I know my new air purifier doesn't like it, but it's clearing my lungs out so I can rest.

So, hows it going peoples, anything new going on ?
Might be snowing in a few hours here, maybe we will have a blizzard, and get an inch, or two :laugh:
It's funny how people panic over snow here, it's like the end is coming sometimes.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Well another day, I hope we all made it. :)
I just got back from the store, and dealing with the non driving idiots in the snow, people sliding all over the place.
Got a little medicine, and a Key Lime pie :teehe: that should make me feel better.

Well anything good going on, weekend plans yet, hibernation ?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 6th, 2022, 1:33 am I think I'm turning to Darth Vader''s brother, this vapor thing is something else.
I know my new air purifier doesn't like it, but it's clearing my lungs out so I can rest.

Might be snowing in a few hours here, maybe we will have a blizzard, and get an inch, or two :laugh:
It's funny how people panic over snow here, it's like the end is coming sometimes.
Nebulizer are a God send... I have allergy based asthma and I use one in the spring. I used to use it a lot more when I was so enormous... Now only when my allergies get bad. I carry an albuteral inhaler as well but I don't remember the last time I used it... Again I used to use it more when I was so fucking fat.

We are supposed to get snow here tonight... Supposed to last about 12 hours and 1 to 3 inches expected... I sympathize with you regarding the people who cannot drive in the snow... Half of them cannot drive worth a shit on dry pavement, so add some snow into the mix and you have an unmitigated disaster.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Its gonna suck if you dont have winter tires. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 6th, 2022, 6:46 pm Its gonna suck if you dont have winter tires. :teehe:
I have all terrain tires, not great on ice, but really nothing is.
i don't get out much anyhow so I don't care.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 6th, 2022, 11:52 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 6th, 2022, 1:33 am I think I'm turning to Darth Vader''s brother, this vapor thing is something else.

Nebulizer are a God send... I have allergy based asthma and I use one in the spring. I used to use it a lot more when I was so enormous... Now only when my allergies get bad. I carry an albuteral inhaler as well but I don't remember the last time I used it... Again I used to use it more when I was so fucking fat.

We are supposed to get snow here tonight... Supposed to last about 12 hours and 1 to 3 inches expected... I sympathize with you regarding the people who cannot drive in the snow... Half of them cannot drive worth a shit on dry pavement, so add some snow into the mix and you have an unmitigated disaster.
The Nebulizer I think has saved my life, the inhalers don't seem like it's helping much.
I'm about to do another treatment, missed the last one :blush:

We got a little less than two inches here, but it's slick out, the roads wasn't prepped I don't think because they called off school yesterday.
The mail didn't even run :kez:
It's cold but I don't care, I have no plans to get out anytime soon.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 6th, 2022, 7:13 pm
Odinson wrote: January 6th, 2022, 6:46 pm Its gonna suck if you dont have winter tires. :teehe:
I have studded tires.

They give a pretty good grip even on clean river ice.

Dont have to reduce speed on highways.

Of course the driving experience isnt the same as during summer.

I take pride in my full insurance bonuses. :laugh:
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:47 pm I have studded tires.

Ya, studded tires are best. While I can make do with the all-terrain tires that I run year round because my truck is four wheel drive, there are times that conditions are such that it would be nice to have the confidence good studded tires provide.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:47 pm
I have studded tires.

If people had those studded ones here they would dry rot before use, sometimes we get very little ice.
Then again some years we get hit hard.

I made it a habit not to drive like other people, I use the unpacked snow to drive on, Ill even drive the edge of the grass if bad enough.
A lot of times the less used lanes are the best since they are not packed down with ice.

I have been off the road a few times in my life, but being how I drove I should be dead a long time ago.
I would say I was an excellent driver, now not so much, but I don't drive much either.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 7th, 2022, 1:15 am If people had those studded ones here they would dry rot before use, sometimes we get very little ice.
This is true also. It might be difficult for a European to truly envision just how large North America is, and the different climates associated with different regions. The US for instance consists of almost 10,000,000 square kilometers of land, which is almost as large as the entirety of Western Europe.

I'll use the US as an example, since other than Vancouver, Greater Vancouver, and Vancouver Island, Canada is fairly well equipped to deal with winter, as we expect it to arrive.

Some places in the US never see snow, so it's understanding that their infrastructure isn't built around that. Texas is a good example when they got blasted with winter weather... It fucked their shit up, but I can't really blame them... They live in a region where what happened weather-wise was simply an anomaly.

It's always good to be prepared, but it also makes no sense to start a snowplowing company in Florida (unless you want to lose money)!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Texas was equipped, but liberal ideas of the grand old wind power let them down.
Never should have happened.
Also we all have been caught with our pants down when it comes to weather, Florida included.
One year here we got two foot of snow, Tennessee came, and dug us out :teehe: fun times.

Your right Mel about how different places are though even in Arizona you have the four corners region where you can have any weather you like within an hours drive.
Snow, tropical, heat, temperate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Well it's Friday again, like that matters much to someone like me, but I hope it does for you all :)
The weekend is about here, have fun if you can before it's gone.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 7th, 2022, 1:15 am
Odinson wrote: January 6th, 2022, 9:47 pm
I have studded tires.

If people had those studded ones here they would dry rot before use, sometimes we get very little ice.

I made it a habit not to drive like other people, I use the unpacked snow to drive on, Ill even drive the edge of the grass if bad enough.
A lot of times the less used lanes are the best since they are not packed down with ice.

I have been off the road a few times in my life, but being how I drove I should be dead a long time ago.
I would say I was an excellent driver, now not so much, but I don't drive much either.
Studded tires are only legal here in NJ from the middle of Nov. to the first of April... If you get caught with studs before or after the cutoff date you are subject to a fine. Not sure about the amount but knowing the money hungry liberal scum in Trenton, it's probably something ridiculously high.

If it is really bad I will sometimes throw chains on my truck... It's not that hard to do once you get hang of it. Of course you cannot drive fast with them on but they have gotten me out of more than one jam in my life. Luckily snowfalls here in NJ tend to be sort of moderate, 4 to 8 inches are about the average. We got about 3 inches last night.

But Mel is right, the climate and weather patterns in the US are extreme...Even here in the Northeast they vary wildly... Go south of me a couple hundred miles and the snowfalls are little more then flurries. Go north or west of me the same distance and you can run into 3 or 4 feet of snow in a single snowfall.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had a set of chains also, had them for decades, and used them once even though I didn't need them at the time.
I think they went with the car I was driving at the time.

I did have a board made for stuck cars, it was great if you didn't pill out on it, that came in handy more than chains for me.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Chains are forbidden in Finland.

You are required to have winter tires from 1st of November to 31st of March... IF the weather demands it.

I put mine on long before 1st of November.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Chains mess up the tires, and road, do a great job on the turf also.
The metal studs do damage also, but not as bad, and you don't loose them like chains.
Years back chains was a big thing here, but you would see them on the side of the road a lot.
The retreaded tires didn't do good with them either, made them dangerous which was also a big thing years back. .
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 7th, 2022, 11:41 am Studded tires are only legal here in NJ from the middle of Nov. to the first of April... If you get caught with studs before or after the cutoff date you are subject to a fine. Not sure about the amount but knowing the money hungry liberal scum in Trenton, it's probably something ridiculously high.
Here you can run 'em from Oct. 1 to Apr. 30.

I believe it's a $121 fine if you run 'em outside that period, but to be honest it doesn't seem to be heavily enforced, as the odd person will run 'em year round. Most are smart enough not to run 'em outside of winter though, as to not wear 'em out...
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 7th, 2022, 6:58 pm Chains are forbidden in Finland.

You are required to have winter tires from 1st of November to 31st of March... IF the weather demands it.

I put mine on long before 1st of November.
Believe it or not, only Quebec requires true winter tires (three peak snowflake rated).

None of the other provinces require them, but here in BC the law does state you need to run at least an all-season tire on mountain passes, which most people would run on their cars anyhow...

Chains are permitted here, but usually only commercial trucks use them. Cars generally don't even have enough clearance for chains, and bad things would probably happen if you tried to run them!