..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

I know someone at a local range who has had some extensive experience with movie prop guns... They are treated like shit and the mechanical condition of many of them is not the best. Also the so-called set armorers who are in charge of checking out the weapons are basically just prop people and are not really that knowledgeable in firearms. Remember it's Hollywood where the name of the game is illusion over substance.

I'm not defending Alec Baldwin, he probably did put some pressure on the trigger, most likely inadvertently...It's just that a qualified armorer or gunsmith needs to review the situation and do a thorough examination of the exact revolver and then make the determination on what actually happened... Some YouTube Yahoo as well as we here, are only speculating because we and or they are not privy to all the facts... Making inflammatory statements like (Alec Baldwin lied!) based on assumptions and armchair expertise makes for some marginal entertainment but little if anything else.

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He lied
I know because I can tell from experience. :spit: he's not even a good at it.

Yeah armchair, but those guns even if treated like crap don't wear that easily internally.
They break a spring, or have a major part break, but that's about it.
Using squibs isn't that hard on them either.

I would like to see a gunsmith take a look at the gun, and tell the public if what is said is right, or not.
It's the only way anyone gets the truth.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 10th, 2022, 1:41 pm He lied
I know because I can tell from experience. :spit: he's not even a good at it.

Yeah armchair, but those guns even if treated like crap don't wear that easily internally.
They break a spring, or have a major part break, but that's about it.
Using squibs isn't that hard on them either.

I would like to see a gunsmith take a look at the gun, and tell the public if what is said is right, or not.
It's the only way anyone gets the truth.
Apparently you can pick out guilty people just by looking at them.... You must be a defense attorney's nightmare when you get picked for jury duty.... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

His lawyers told him to deny everything he can.

He can deny pulling the trigger because pulling the trigger is really damning even though it might not get him condemned.

According to some sources, he is supposed to follow general safety.

He did not.
Mel Gibson

This should be a very easy case to solve... I mean, weren't they filming the gun at the exact moment it went off? Or maybe they weren't...

Either way, it is an absolutely great defense to claim the gun 'just went off'... We had a recent case here where a homeowner shot some Injun dead who was trying to steal some property from his yard. In Canada, it's awfully risky to shoot someone outside of your dwelling house, even if they're trying to steal something, unless they are a threat to your life...

His defense was that his Glock pistol 'just went off', and shot a round into Injuns head... That defense actually worked, and he was found not guilty. While I know his Glock pistol didn't 'just go off,' the jury did come to the right conclusion with the verdict... The homeowner was a hard working farmer, and the Injun was a thieving useless thug... Sometimes justice has to be dynamic. The Injuns weren't happy with the verdict, but dead Injun wouldn't be dead if he wasn't a thieving thug...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Nicolas Cage goes off on Slec Baldwin. “An actor has to know how to use a gun, an actor has to know how to ride a horse, an actor has to know how to drive a standard etc…. https://www.westernjournal.com/movie-st ... fd7232ad57
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:04 am This should be a very easy case to solve... I mean, weren't they filming the gun at the exact moment it went off? Or maybe they weren't...

Either way, it is an absolutely great defense to claim the gun 'just went off'... We had a recent case here where a homeowner shot some Injun dead who was trying to steal some property from his yard. In Canada, it's awfully risky to shoot someone outside of your dwelling house, even if they're trying to steal something, unless they are a threat to your life...

His defense was that his Glock pistol 'just went off', and shot a round into Injuns head... That defense actually worked, and he was found not guilty. While I know his Glock pistol didn't 'just go off,' the jury did come to the right conclusion with the verdict... The homeowner was a hard working farmer, and the Injun was a thieving useless thug... Sometimes justice has to be dynamic. The Injuns weren't happy with the verdict, but dead Injun wouldn't be dead if he wasn't a thieving thug...
I remember reading about that and if I am not mistaken, it was not a Glock but rather an old POS Tokarev. In this case The defendant fired two warning shots (a bad idea) while a drunken injun was trying to steak his truck. As the defendant tried to get the keys away from the perp the gun went off killing the poor oppressed Indian. It was found that the casing had an odd bulge at the base which indicated that the gun was actually out of battery when it went off. The ammo was old Eastern block crap and it was actually a "hang fire" so the defendant was cleared of charges because it ended up being an accidental shooting.

I might be getting two cases confused but that is the one I remember.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 11th, 2022, 5:20 pm I remember reading about that and if I am not mistaken, it was not a Glock but rather an old POS Tokarev. In this case The defendant fired two warning shots (a bad idea) while a drunken injun was trying to steak his truck. As the defendant tried to get the keys away from the perp the gun went off killing the poor oppressed Indian. It was found that the casing had an odd bulge at the base which indicated that the gun was actually out of battery when it went off. The ammo was old Eastern block crap and it was actually a "hang fire" so the defendant was cleared of charges because it ended up being an accidental shooting.

I might be getting two cases confused but that is the one I remember.
You are correct. It was old Tokarev T33. Not sure why I thought it was a Glock. And yes, the hang-fire defense worked in this case, although the gun did fire the two warning shots just fine.

So sometimes blaming the gun itself for malfunction can be a successful defense. This could possibly be the angle Baldwin is going for also...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: January 11th, 2022, 8:49 am Nicolas Cage goes off on Slec Baldwin. “An actor has to know how to use a gun, an actor has to know how to ride a horse, an actor has to know how to drive a standard etc…. https://www.westernjournal.com/movie-st ... fd7232ad57
Baldwin, and George Cloonie used to brag about how much they loved shooting while telling you guns are bad.
He had some experience with them.

I talked with a gun smith earlier, and Baldwin came up, the smith said there is little chance it went up without Baldwin pulling the trigger.
This guy is more than a gun smith by the way, he was trained in Aberdeen proving ground which means he is the person who made guns from scratch.
A gun smith wishes they where as good as this man, so he knows guns.

Still though the only way you will get the truth is have someone not in Hollywood go through the gun, and check everything.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Interestingly enough, Keanu Reeves is probably one of the best trained live firearm actors in Hollywood! I think they trained him for months for the John Wick franchise...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He paid people for training before Wick also, and in martial arts.
In real life you best not mess with him.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 12th, 2022, 7:43 am He paid people for training before Wick also, and in martial arts.
Completely agree!

Keanu is a humble man, unlike all the other Hollywood assholes and Jewish perverts.

He's also one of the only Hollywood actors that could actually legitimately kick our asses in most forms of combat, armed or not!

I know Renee talks tough, but could she even match Keanu in his skills?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 8:43 am
Blue Frost wrote: January 12th, 2022, 7:43 am He paid people for training before Wick also, and in martial arts.
Completely agree!

Keanu is a humble man, unlike all the other Hollywood assholes and Jewish perverts.

He's also one of the only Hollywood actors that could actually legitimately kick our asses in most forms of combat, armed or not!

I know Renee talks tough, but could she even match Keanu in his skills?
Depends entirely on what skills we are talking about... Martial arts?... No... Defensive pistol or tactical shooting... I'll put my skills up against anyone.. I may not come out on top but I can hold my own... I had a good teacher who actually had combat experience (my dad, in both military and law enforcement street experience) and I've had a lot of practice,...probably a lot more than most. Which reminds me... I need to get back into serious IDPA competition.... as with any physical or mental skill; if you don't use it, you lose it.

BTW, Hollywood shooting is not exactly like the real thing... It's amazing what you can do when the weapon has no recoil to be controlled and CGI is substituted for real bullets and real live targets. Cap gun skills rarely match up to the real thing.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I might have once kept up with him shooting, or maybe better, but not now so both fighting, and guns I would loose.

:teehe:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 12th, 2022, 12:59 pm I might have once kept up with him shooting, or maybe better, but not now so both fighting, and guns I would loose.

:teehe:
I know more than a few amature competitors that can match that in 3 gun shoots any day of the week.

While he does seem to be good/competent, his abilities are far from unique.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

For Hollywierd he is above the norm, and the average person.
But he can afford the ammo, and training.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Look at the size of that thing.

And its a cat so its a killing machine. :teehe:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He looks bigger than usual
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 12th, 2022, 4:08 pm For Hollywierd he is above the norm, and the average person.
But he can afford the ammo, and training.
I think the John Wick franchise paid for all his training... They wanted an actor that could absolutely portray an expert in firearms handling on set, and the only way to do that was to train him to a top level with real firearms. And it worked... The Wick franchise is respected in it's portrayal of real firearms handling.

They paid so close attention to detail, that the magazines for his pistols were always changed out in the scenes after the exact amount of rounds were shot... No 40 rounds out of one 13 round magazine in that movie!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He had some prior training also, maybe for the Matrix.
In an interview I watched he pays a lot of attention, and does hire his own people a lot.
If I'm not mistaken I think he hired an ex Masad agent.