Sleep

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Sleep

I'm lucky to get two hours a night.
I have very high blood pressure, and my body doesn't heal very fast.
Also I can tell I'm quite lost sometimes, and forget a lot.
Maybe I should start drinking so I can loose the rest of my mind. :teehe:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

What great news ! Melatonin significantly reduces covid mortality plus has other health benefits as well. https://m.theepochtimes.com/melatonin-s ... qzDg%3D%3D
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That was on the radio last week when I was out, might be something to it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I know someone who was at high risk of not making it and she was taking melatonin along with vitamins C,D, zinc and painkillers as I did and melatonin I believe probably made a significant difference.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's a major hormone overlooked a lot, and vitamin D also since it turns into a lot of hormones.
D also controls cholesterol, turns it into good things for your body.
genocide088

Gary Oak wrote: February 18th, 2014, 10:08 pm Se spend a lot of our life sleeping and it is actually a very important part of our lives. I like to feel good and alert therefor I need my sleep and this knowledge I believe is very good to know.

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/02/how ... brain.html

Benefits of Naps

So what are the most ideal ways to nap? Napping can be seen as a quick reboot or boost for the brain. Think of when your computer is starting to perform slowly and things aren
tip of the day i have solved the correct way to sleep and naps are NOT at all needed

a few years ago i was always tired at around noon. it was crazy tired and knocked me out

so i tried to stay awake drinking many bottles of carabao dang (similar to red bull) but zero effect

then what i did was make room AS perfect as possilbe total darkness. like every single even red lite on some power strip i used

black nail polish to cover them. thats one i learned from the pc computer to rid of uncessary lites safely

and all windows 100% total darkness with cardboard 100% not 99% fit. as lite is amazing how little can make so much trouble

so what happened was i no longer got up when daylight is ie around 6 am i got up much later and got at least 7 hours sleep of perfect sleep and tried for 8 hours

acatully too much sleep is as bad as too little over 10 hours you are damaging your body

anyways it worked what i did and gone for good was any afternoon tiredness

so one must get only 1 perfect sleep

i dont know why more people dont do this it would help them alot

a lack of sleep over many years will kill you

and i hate that feeling of getting knocked out in the afternoon
genocide088

here is da vinci sleep

a way to sleep only 2 or 4 hours a day 2 variations and have alot more time to get things done

i tried this a few years ago its quite interesting

its very difficult to do as must be perfectly done everyday the same

its also has another name polyphasic sleep pattern

if one is strict they could do this

genocide088

if you want to try here is a good summary of polyphasic sleep

Polyphasic sleep is a sleep schedule where you break up your sleep into multiple shorter periods throughout the day, rather than getting all your sleep in one long period at night. The goal is to reduce the total amount of sleep needed while maintaining overall alertness and productivity. It's important to note that polyphasic sleep is not for everyone, and it can be challenging to adapt to. Before attempting it, consult with a healthcare professional to ensure it is safe for you and fits your lifestyle.

If you decide to try polyphasic sleep, here are some common sleep schedules and tips to help you get started:

Uberman Sleep Schedule:

This is one of the most extreme polyphasic sleep schedules, consisting of six 20-minute naps spaced evenly throughout the day, resulting in just 2 hours of sleep per day.
Naps are essential and must be precisely scheduled to maintain the schedule's effectiveness.
Adaptation to this schedule is often very difficult and can take weeks.
Everyman Sleep Schedule:

This schedule involves a combination of a longer core sleep period and multiple shorter naps during the day.
A popular variant is the "Everyman 3," which includes a 3-hour core sleep and three 20-minute naps.
Dual Core Sleep Schedule:

This schedule involves two core sleep periods, usually one at night and another during the day, with shorter naps in between.
Tips for adapting to polyphasic sleep:

Gradual adaptation: Don't jump into polyphasic sleep all at once. Gradually reduce your total sleep time and increase the number of naps over a period of days or weeks.

Consistent schedule: Stick to a strict schedule to help your body adjust to the new sleep pattern.

Plan for naps: Find quiet and comfortable places to take your scheduled naps during the day.

Optimize your environment: Create a sleep-friendly environment, including a comfortable bed, a dark and quiet room, and a relaxing pre-nap routine.

Listen to your body: If you experience extreme fatigue or health issues during adaptation, consider discontinuing the polyphasic sleep attempt.

Monitor your progress: Keep track of your sleep patterns and how you feel throughout the day to assess the effectiveness of the schedule for you.

Stay healthy: A healthy diet, regular exercise, and stress management are essential for adjusting to polyphasic sleep.

Remember, not everyone can successfully adapt to polyphasic sleep, and it may not be suitable for certain individuals, such as those with specific medical conditions or lifestyle constraints. Always prioritize your health and well-being when considering any significant changes to your sleep patterns.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

When one works long hours napping throughout the day is impossible. In China however they may be on to something with the students taking naps twice a day in the long daily studies. No doubt they had some experts study this topic.
genocide088

Gary Oak wrote: July 31st, 2023, 11:29 pm When one works long hours napping throughout the day is impossible. In China however they may be on to something with the students taking naps twice a day in the long daily studies. No doubt they had some experts study this topic.
trust me its just not necesary ever to take a nap at least i proved it on myself. a once chronic problem afternoon tiredness gone for good

if you can get a good perfect sleep the day before you will NEVER feel tired the next day

sleeping a lack of is a MAJOR heath issue the damage it will do not many realize this

try to sleep in a not blitzerkreig hot country as i do

the quieter the better when sleeping

not look any bright screens after 9 pm including a computer or fone

light resets your bodies clock

please can one of the members try the polyphasic sleeping and get to me how it went?

i tried sparingly but never gave it a go as how long its needed to adjust to it

as lets say 1/3 of your life was wasted sleeping wouldnt it be amazing to have more years to do things
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I did not get nearly sleep last night and didn’t want to go to work at first. Coffee however is a wonderful thing and I feel fine now.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I did not get nearly sleep last night and didn’t want to go to work at first. Coffee however is a wonderful thing and I feel fine now. So far so good…
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

genocide088 wrote: July 31st, 2023, 9:30 pm here is da vinci sleep

a way to sleep only 2 or 4 hours a day 2 variations and have alot more time to get things done

i tried this a few years ago its quite interesting

its very difficult to do as must be perfectly done everyday the same

its also has another name polyphasic sleep pattern

if one is strict they could do this

A couple of them where Dyslexic which gave them part, or a lot of their creativity.

I wish I could fall asleep, i should be sleeping right now.
I get maybe two hours of sleep a day, but lay awake a lot.
I was up after two hours this morning cleaning house, and cooling off from heating up while sleeping.
Maybe I should try sleeping in those patterns, been trying something different anyways with my sleep.
genocide088

Really just 2 hours a day every day?

The condition of not getting enough sleep on a regular basis is called sleep deprivation.

This occurs when a person consistently gets less sleep than their body needs for optimal functioning. It can have various negative effects on physical, mental, emotional well-being.

Acataully near everyone NEEDS 7-9 hours to be perfectly healthy of good sleep. And more than 10 hours a day is as bad as not enof.
It will have long term health negative effects there are reasons we do sleep. da Vinci sleep you should try it then like if there is reason
you are so buzy.

Whats its doing is cutting the fat out of sleeping i think completely skipping Stage N1 and Stage N2 and just straight into Stage N3 slow wave sleep. The part of sleep that is so productive. That is how its possible to sleep 2 hours a day some versions 4 hours a day and be perfectly healthy if the body has adjusted to it and strict tolerance obeying it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm on a new medicine trying it out for spasms right now, I'm getting a little more sleep at the moment.
Two to four hours is normal for me, I used to get more as a kid, but it wasn't enough.
I'm up sometimes for days, then Ill crash a bit, and do it all over again, it's really hard mentally, and physically.
I have been told by a doctor it will kill me one day, likely a heart attack.

One thing that keeps me up is sounds, I'm really overly sensitive on several things like that.
Smells also are a big one, my mom would be cooking, and I couldn't sleep.
Even in this empty house I here things.
I'm not even getting into the pain of sleeping for me, it's pretty bad.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I had at most three hours of sleep before a long work day today. I was far from 100% but I made it through. I better get a good nights sleep tonight.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I worked for years on an odd split shift, it made my sleep a lot worse than it was before that.
I think I really should just give up on trying, and just try to sleep when I can.
My doctors have gave me pills several times for it, but they just make things worse, and if you miss a dose you are up for day, or I am.

Maybe I should have took up drinking like a lot of my coworkers, and other fun pills. :wacko:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Well I had a great nights sleep and felt great all day.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Good for you Gary, even though my new meds help I just don't sleep right.
I had trouble as a kid sleeping, but it's much worse now, sleeping pills was dangerous for me, and just made things worse.
Now I got a bit drunk once at during a Christmas thing at work, good jungle juice, and slept great that night.
People where mad at me for drinking it all :teehe:
I don't drink, but apparently I can out drink most people.
The juice was pretty good, and i loved all the fruit in it.