..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Mel Gibson

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Renee wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:59 pm I know more than a few amature competitors that can match that in 3 gun shoots any day of the week.

While he does seem to be good/competent, his abilities are far from unique.
Renee, give the guy some fucking credit, ya bum... Keanu is more proficient with firearms than 99.9% of the general public.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:57 pm
Renee wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:59 pm I know more than a few amature competitors that can match that in 3 gun shoots any day of the week.

While he does seem to be good/competent, his abilities are far from unique.
Renee, give the guy some fucking credit, ya bum... Keanu is more proficient with firearms than 99.9% of the general public.
Maybe the Canadian or Australian population...:laugh:

But here in the US I wouldn't be so sure about that 99.9% number...Granted the guy is good but put him in a 3 gun competition or an IDPA or IPSC competition with top competitors and let's see how good he is. I'm sure can hold his own but let's not stick him up on some kind of pedestal. He's just another Hollywierd asshat.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 13th, 2022, 7:25 am He's just another Hollywierd asshat.
Has Keanu hurt you in some way? He's well known to be humble, soft spoken, and a pleasure for film crews to work with. He avoids politics, and doesn't hesitate to mingle with common folk.

The guy will even hang out with homeless bums. I get the feeling he certainly doesn't think he's better than anyone else... I don't think you realize how rare this is in Hollyweird...

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

He is the coolest celeb.

Even rides the train with the commoners.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:11 am He is the coolest celeb.

Even rides the train with the commoners.
I think Renee just hates everybody. Either that, or she sent Keanu a love letter once and he never replied back...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 13th, 2022, 10:48 pm
Renee wrote: January 13th, 2022, 7:25 am He's just another Hollywierd asshat.
Has Keanu hurt you in some way? He's well known to be humble, soft spoken, and a pleasure for film crews to work with. He avoids politics, and doesn't hesitate to mingle with common folk.

The guy will even hang out with homeless bums. I get the feeling he certainly doesn't think he's better than anyone else... I don't think you realize how rare this is in Hollyweird...

So he is a real human being... I'm shocked.. :laugh:

No he has not hurt me in any way. In fact I quite enjoy his movies... I just find it odd that so many people are so quick to put celebrities on a pedestal for doing some of the things that many normal folk do. So he hangs out with bums.... Big deal. You will also notice that he doesn't hesitate to turn that shit into a photo op... Shelf promotion is a hallmark of the narcissist. So is deception for personal benefit.

I'm sure he is a nice guy and all but let's not over do it.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Man Crush :spit: and Renee butthurt he turned her down. :laugh:

I think he's a good guy, and it surprised me years back when I found out he wasn't following the sheep in Hollywierd.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 14th, 2022, 2:22 pm You will also notice that he doesn't hesitate to turn that shit into a photo op... Shelf promotion is a hallmark of the narcissist. So is deception for personal benefit.
He didn't set that up. The guy gets his picture taken whenever he's out in public, just like any other movie star.

Good lord Renee are you ever cynical! :kez:

You're so cynical, you're even making Keanu sad...

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: January 14th, 2022, 10:08 pm
Renee wrote: January 14th, 2022, 2:22 pm You will also notice that he doesn't hesitate to turn that shit into a photo op... Shelf promotion is a hallmark of the narcissist. So is deception for personal benefit.
He didn't set that up. The guy gets his picture taken whenever he's out in public, just like any other movie star.

Good lord Renee are you ever cynical! :kez:

You're so cynical, you're even making Keanu sad...

Horseshit.... You already answered your own silly assertion... He knows his pic will be taken when he goes out in public..... DUH.... :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Alec Baldwin cant catch a break.

Now he is facing a lawsuit for insulting a fallen soldiers widow.

I hate it when bad things happen to good people. :wink:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The bad PR is a regular thing for him, but he keeps on coming back like a bad VD.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

This was a real gun below... Perfectly fine as a prop as long as the armourer does his job! In this scene, realism is required.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: That was kind of funny.
They used to use real guns a lot, but some have been modified lately with a gas charge, and electric igniter.
I think the gas is safer, but maybe not as real.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: January 26th, 2022, 10:59 am :laugh: That was kind of funny.
They used to use real guns a lot, but some have been modified lately with a gas charge, and electric igniter.
These kinds of Hollyweird abortions always crack me up.... Do you think anyone on the set or the writers actually understand the consequences of pulling the trigger on a centerfire gun in an enclosed space like an elevator?... :laugh: Instant ear pain from shattered eardrums and most likely permanent deafness.

Although in that scene the trigger was not pulled, you see it all the time on TV and in movies. If you have ever fired a gun of a substantial caliber on an indoor range or even under a covered outdoor range, without hearing protection,...you'll get the picture.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:22 pm These kinds of Hollyweird abortions always crack me up.... Do you think anyone on the set or the writers actually understand the consequences of pulling the trigger on a centerfire gun in an enclosed space like an elevator?... :laugh: Instant ear pain from shattered eardrums and most likely permanent deafness.

Although in that scene the trigger was not pulled, you see it all the time on TV and in movies. If you have ever fired a gun of a substantial caliber on an indoor range or even under a covered outdoor range, without hearing protection,...you'll get the picture.
It wouldn't cause perforated eardrums or permanent deafness. To perforated an eardrum requires a pressure differential that is more than a firearm can create, unless the muzzle blast is perhaps an inch from your ear. Perforated eardrums will also heal, so even that isn't permanent.

That said, long term effects of regular shooting without hearing protection can certainly be a thing with enough exposure: An "EEEEEEEEEE" in the ear after shooting without protection can be tolerated maybe every now and then. Regular exposure to that will certainly have an effect though, no doubt about it.

I always wear hearing protection now, but have been exposed to unprotected shooting in the past: If your ears are ringing, wear protection. Which means for pretty much every calibre other than a .22 rimfire. I know hunters don't like hearing protection, but they seem fine since they simply aren't actually shooting many rounds at all when out on a hunt. Ears can handle the occasional loud bang.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:22 pm
Blue Frost wrote: January 26th, 2022, 10:59 am :laugh: That was kind of funny.
These kinds of Hollyweird abortions always crack me up.... Do you think anyone on the set or the writers actually understand the consequences of pulling the trigger on a centerfire gun in an enclosed space like an elevator?... :laugh: Instant ear pain from shattered eardrums and most likely permanent deafness.

I have a little 22 magnum that even outdoors you need earplugs. with my 223 pistol you need plugs, and muffs on, people hate me at the range, even the guy with the 50 cal down the range. :laugh:
The movies do some really stupid stuff, the confined space shooting is just one of them.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Mel Gibson wrote: January 29th, 2022, 4:20 am
Renee wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:22 pm These kinds of Hollyweird abortions always crack me up.... Do you think anyone on the set or the writers actually understand the consequences of pulling the trigger on a centerfire gun in an enclosed space like an elevator?... :laugh: Instant ear pain from shattered eardrums and most likely permanent deafness.

It wouldn't cause perforated eardrums or permanent deafness. To perforated an eardrum requires a pressure differential that is more than a firearm can create, unless the muzzle blast is perhaps an inch from your ear. Perforated eardrums will also heal, so even that isn't permanent.

That said, long term effects of regular shooting without hearing protection can certainly be a thing with enough exposure: An "EEEEEEEEEE" in the ear after shooting without protection can be tolerated maybe every now and then. Regular exposure to that will certainly have an effect though, no doubt about it.

I always wear hearing protection now, but have been exposed to unprotected shooting in the past: If your ears are ringing, wear protection. Which means for pretty much every calibre other than a .22 rimfire. I know hunters don't like hearing protection, but they seem fine since they simply aren't actually shooting many rounds at all when out on a hunt. Ears can handle the occasional loud bang.
I have one that can, the 223 pistol I mentioned, your eyes feel the pressure, and teeth also, in a confined space you got major issues.
You actually see the pressure wave from it.
It's the caliber, and the break I have on the end of it, it cuts way down on recoil, but you do pay in other ways.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 29th, 2022, 3:09 pm I have one that can, the 223 pistol I mentioned, your eyes feel the pressure, and teeth also, in a confined space you got major issues.
You actually see the pressure wave from it.
It's the caliber, and the break I have on the end of it, it cuts way down on recoil, but you do pay in other ways.
I guess something like that could start reaching the upper limit on what the ear could handle, but you've gotta admit that a pistol chambered in a rifle caliber with a muzzle brake is an oddball handgun that most people would never own... I can't even imagine that thing being fun to shoot!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's fun, but nobody else near me likes me :evil:
The best part is i end up with nobody near me, and I can take the next table for my stuff.

Actually a 357 in a confined space can harm your ears a lot, , and those Judge pistols they say never shoot them in a confined space because of ear damage.
Over the years I had a lot of guns hurt my ears, and an old friend of my ex brother in law was legally deaf in one ear thanks to a gun being fired near him.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: January 30th, 2022, 1:10 am It's fun, but nobody else near me likes me :evil:
The best part is i end up with nobody near me, and I can take the next table for my stuff.
Ya, it's always nice to have the booth on either side clear! Especially in this country, where it's not uncommon for a licensed gun owner to bring his unlicensed friend (or three) along to shoot also, so now you've got a couple people milling around in the next booth...