Canadian Wildlife

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Canadian Wildlife

Look at the size of this three hundred pound river monster just caught a few days ago in beautiful British Columbia. https://bc.ctvnews.ca/fish-of-a-lifetim ... Zv48Si9EZQ

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Poor old fish, cut them loose I say.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I believe that it’s the law that sturgeon must be released after catching and this monster got far too much publicity to get away with throwing it on the barbecue.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope so, but still keeping one on the line long as they did still could kill the fish.
In some places they are a common fish, they should be fished, but really something that old should be left alone, it earned it's peace in my opinion.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a sight that few have ever seen. This really gives an ideal of how fast a grizzly bear can run and they can keep this pace up for some time too. I do hope that those horses get away.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

35 miles, an hour is what they can spring at I believe, I may be thinking of another bear though.
I'm sure he is after the colt, but likely would take on a full sized horse if opportunity was there.
Moose, Bison, and other big animals are on their dinner plate.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That bear was keeping up with the horses. I just hope that the horses stamina outlasts the grizzly. There’s plenty of YouTube videos of grizzlies killing massive full of testosterone bull moose so I doubt that a horse would have a chance if caught.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah the Horse would be ate, but a moose, or horse can hurt it with a kick in a good spot like a jaw.
I think the horse would outlast the bear in a contest of stamina, but still some bears have stalked pray for a long time till it got it, men also.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I recently watched a YouTube video of a long chase by a grizzly after a caribou which included a long swim and the grizzly got the caribou. The caribou had a huge head start but caribou are notoriously dumb. I believe that it would have got away if it had some sense.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Bear says "Shit, there's got to be an easier dinner. Maybe a nice dumpster somewhere."... :laugh:

Speaking of bears, a big fat one dumped over my garbage can the other day... The fat fuck was lucky I wasn't in a bad mood.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I saw that video recently. Those moose are huge.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some are bigger than the average horse, and more attitude. :teehe: They need it.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mooses are a lot bigger than horses.

Shoulder height is 7 plus feet.

People underestimate the size of this behemoth of the woods.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The ones that make it to that size, and male usually.
In my view they are remnants of the mega fauna like Buffalo are.