chaos on top of chaos on top of chaos...

RDL

chaos on top of chaos on top of chaos...

walmart just opened up in the former sears at the mall where i work...
and dollarama soon to open up down the hall from walmart...
and mall hours recently expanded, open late wed/thu/fri until 9pm...

my boss keeps leaving a lot of messages in my answering machine when im not home...
my boss keeps getting me to come in and do some extra shifts...

and im not getting to as many in person meetings as i would like...
and im not getting to as many zoom meetings as i would like...

and im really starting to notice all the chaos surrounding me...

RDL

Re: chaos on top of chaos on top of chaos...

last thursday, i found out that a friend of mine from my meetings took his own life...
then i was witness to a car crash in which an elderly person went into medical distress and someone had to call 911...

then i was doing laundry, and a woman told me that her brother that lived in my building died at age 44 from being rather chubby...
it made me think about how im chubby and i look like im in my 40s, what if that happens to me...

last friday, a neighbour of mine overdosed, and his roommate started spouting false claims that it was the 2nd covid shot thats been slowly killing him over the last 4 months...

then, i went to calm myself down by walking near the beach, and i saw a kid fall off his bicycle and end up with a scraped knee, he cried a lot...
a few minutes later, also near the beach, i saw police investigating a dead body...
RDL

on saturday, the five of us food court cleaning staff that were working there that day were just minding our own businesses...
then, all of a sudden, one of the building maintenance people that fixes stuff got mad that my 73 year old coworker was putting plastic items in the compost bin...
i get it, my 73 year old coworker doesnt have the best cognitive abilities, but hes a great guy, unlike the building maintenance guy whos a total jerk...

then the building maintenance guy starts spouting off that we shouldnt be putting food soiled paper in with the food scraps...
which is what we've been doing for at least 5 years, and what every manager and supervisor has been telling us to do...
so i yelled at the building maintenance guy to stop explaining and GET OUT...

the building maintenance guy also made false claims that the reason he went to us and didnt go to our boss was because he didnt want us to get in trouble with our boss...

i spoke to my boss on monday, my boss is claiming that the maintenance guy wasnt complaining about paper going in with the food scraps...
my boss is claiming that the maintenance guy was only complaining about plastics ending up in the compost...
and my boss sternly informed me that the maintenance guy works for mall administration, and therefore hes in charge, and whatever he says, we better fucking listen to him...
even if hes being a douche...
RDL

on sunday night, i was about to go to an in person meeting not far from the pride festival...
and i saw a guy and a girl arguing loudly, apparently she had a problem with alcohol, he had a problem with drugs...
he was shouting that he went to detox and was now 3 weeks sober, she was shouting that he was a liar...
he was shouting that he wanted to get back together with her, she was shouting that she didnt want him showing up at her workplace...
she was shouting that he was milking his workers compensation benefits and milking the loss of his daughter who died 4 years ago...
some young guys at the grocery store nearby were yelling at him to stop yelling at her, he was yelling at them to mind their own business...

i truly thought he was serious about staying clean and sober and that she was just trying to keep him from seeing their baby...
but then i went to ask them if they wanted to come into the meeting...
and he pulls out a 6-pack and says "sure, we love to drink"...
boy did i feel deceived...
RDL

tuesday, or yesterday i should say, i went for a long walk to an in person meeting, and then a long walk back to my neighborhood to go to work...
i got to work, and there was discussion of a bank robbery that happened just 5 blocks up from where i live and work...
i heard rumors throughout my shift, and later listened to the radio...
6 police officers shot and injured, 2 suspects shot and killed, a 3rd suspect was on the loose for a while, no idea what happened with that 3rd suspect...
the cops actually came to my workplace looking for a white van, possibly belonging to that 3rd suspect...

cant be me, ive never driven in my life...

if theres one silver lining, its that greater victoria made the first story on ctv national news...
its not often that greater victoria makes the first story on ctv national news...

also, the second story on ctv national news was kind of greater victoria related...
over at the bc legislature, bc premier john horgan announced hes stepping down as leader of the bc ndp in the fall...
hes cancer free now, but he doesnt have the energy for a 6th year as premier...

if you ask me, i think it was the museum scandal that did his political career in...
he wanted to demolish and rebuild the royal bc museum to be more in line with indigenous "truth and reconciliation"...
it backfired big time, people are saying we need the money for health care, education, the homeless, the opioid epidemic, etc...
even the indigenous people were mad, saying their precious artifacts should be returned to them...
RDL

today i am just trying to catch up on all that ive missed while i was picking up all those extra shifts...
im all caught up on laundry...
im all caught up on emails too...

the library finally emailed me, giving me the phone number of a lady to contact to discuss maybe getting un-banned from the public library...
it might be more trouble than its worth, i feel much more comfortable on my laptop at the mall...
so ill think about it for a little while...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

RDL, I'm in my 50s, lived a clean life, and tried to do what I could for people even though a lot think I'm a mean person because i don't take their crap.
But I don't think I'm bad, and I keep trying to do right by people who treat me well.
I may be dying, or the doctors will kill me off, but that's life, don't take it so hard when others fall around you like they have.
We all think it couldn't be us, but one day it hits it can be, we need to accept that because there is zero we can do about it.
I feel for those people, and their families I do, it hurts a lot loosing people I know very well of that.

As for the maintenance guy, his boss should be the one talking to everyone, and him to your boss.
If the guy didn't want you all in trouble there was a good way of telling you, not barking like a jerk.
My guess is he was just pushing his weight around thinking he is someone, he's just a bully is all.
I have dwelt with them a lot over the years, and didn't take crap from them either.
Try to let it go though, and just ask your boss next time, ignore the butt wipe, and walk away as I have been instructed in the past.
Nobody should be treating anyone that way even if they are in charge of changing light bulbs, and fixing toilets. :teehe:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I believe Telus and/or Shaw have a low I come pkg wifi for home use. It's not too much gig...but worth it to check the emails and such. Something to look into?

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.