Is being Vegan looked down on by God ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Is being Vegan looked down on by God ?

A thought I came up the other sleepless night.
Is Vegans looked down on by God.
Well the idea comes from soon after the beginning, God was offered a sacrifice from the two brothers if you know the story.
Well Cain offered up a bounty of veggies, God didn't accept it, but Able offered up his best lamb which God took, and was happy with.
Soon after if you know the story Cain killed Able his brother because the jealousy.
So does God look down on the practice, or could we ever know ?

Vegans annoying people since the beginning, it's not new at all :spit:
He did put animals here for food, and we have the teeth for it, why not appreciate it more.

:teehe:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Is being Vegan looked down on by God ?

Hi Blue. I saw this thread posted yesterday, but I wanted to reflect on how best to respond to it. I think the best way would be to show you some scripture passages that will help shine a light on the subject. As best I can explain it, this matter has more to do with our associations with food as a form of Idolatry.

So, first of all, one can read:

Daniel chapter 1
1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and besieged it. 2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with some of the articles of the house of God, which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the articles into the treasure house of his god.

3 Then the king instructed Ashpenaz, the master of his eunuchs, to bring some of the children of Israel and some of the king’s descendants and some of the nobles, 4 young men in whom there was no blemish, but good-looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge and quick to understand, who had ability to serve in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the language and literature of the Chaldeans. 5 And the king appointed for them a daily provision of the king’s delicacies and of the wine which he drank, and three years of training for them, so that at the end of that time they might serve before the king. 6 Now from among those of the sons of Judah were Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah. 7 To them the chief of the eunuchs gave names: he gave Daniel the name Belteshazzar; to Hananiah, Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abed-Nego.

8 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. 9 Now God had brought Daniel into the favor and goodwill of the chief of the eunuchs. 10 And the chief of the eunuchs said to Daniel, “I fear my lord the king, who has appointed your food and drink. For why should he see your faces looking worse than the young men who are your age? Then you would endanger my head before the king.”

11 So Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had set over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days, and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then let our appearance be examined before you, and the appearance of the young men who eat the portion of the king’s delicacies; and as you see fit, so deal with your servants.” 14 So he consented with them in this matter, and tested them ten days.

15 And at the end of ten days their features appeared better and fatter in flesh than all the young men who ate the portion of the king’s delicacies. 16 Thus the steward took away their portion of delicacies and the wine that they were to drink, and gave them vegetables.

17 As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.

18 Now at the end of the days, when the king had said that they should be brought in, the chief of the eunuchs brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar. 19 Then the king interviewed them, and among them all none was found like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah; therefore they served before the king. 20 And in all matters of wisdom and understanding about which the king examined them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and astrologers who were in all his realm. 21 Thus Daniel continued until the first year of King Cyrus.

This passage tells us that these young men did not want to eat the kings food probably because it was offered first to idols.

So why did God accept Abels lamb and not Cain's vegetables?
What God was expecting from them was a blood sacrifice, symbolic of Christ's sacrifice, as He is known as the lamb of God.

John 1:29

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

The blood sacrifice of a lamb was necessary for something innocent to replace the guilty party in paying for the sins committed.
Cain's vegetables represented man's inclination to buy off God through his own hard work and sacrifices, which is what all religions are all about.

You notice that it doesn't mention the parents of these two boys? Adam and Eve already knew about the necessary sacrifice from their first experience with God. They would have taught both Cain and Abel on this matter, but Cain thought that he could just do it his own way, and God should accept that.

In Genesis 3, in the account of Adam and Eve's sin, in verse 20, it mentions that God clothed Adam and Eve with animal skins, (a blood sacrifice). although it doesn't actually tell you, it is widely believed by Biblical scholars, that the animal used for this purpose was a lamb.

Why a blood sacrifice you ask?

Hebrews 9:22

22 In fact we can say that under the old agreement almost everything was cleansed by sprinkling it with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

The old agreement or law, was replaced by Jesus Christ who became the blood sacrifice for us.

So, to answer the question, no, God doesn't really accept Veganism, not because it is wrong to live on just vegetables, but because veganism is a denial of the necessity of a blood sacrifice to be made right before God. It is in fact, an example of how we try to please God in our own way rather than His.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Beanthere, i don't think it's a sin myself, but as we are suppose to be made in Gods Image we should be eating meat :teehe:
I know several vegans, all good people, but they get on my nerves a lot also over it., so I pick on the subject.

Some good scripture you posted, and even with the old law took, and nailed to the cross with Jesus I think it's good to look back on it as we should, and learn from it.
I'm not a Christian by the way for those who do not know it, but admire most the teachings.

Did Cain actually know the right sacrifice, or was it something unknown at the time, I'm not sure if it was known.
Maybe it was, but I don't remember reading of it in Genius before.
A bounty of veggies from hard work sounds reasonable from a tiller of the ground to me, but me being a meat eater as i am it would go to waste.
I know God didn't actually eat the meat, but took it as a good offering as a sacrifice, the veggies was a sacrifice also though.
It's interesting to think of why Cain's offering was snubbed so badly, badly enough he killed his brother over it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Killed her baby because of stupidity, vegan isn't healthy at all.
B12, creatinine,DHA, vitamin D which is very essential to humans, and most animals, you wont get that being a vegan.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 18th, 2022, 12:41 pm A thought I came up the other sleepless night.
Is Vegans looked down on by God.
Well the idea comes from soon after the beginning, God was offered a sacrifice from the two brothers if you know the story.
Well Cain offered up a bounty of veggies, God didn't accept it, but Able offered up his best lamb which God took, and was happy with.
Soon after if you know the story Cain killed Able his brother because the jealousy.
So does God look down on the practice, or could we ever know ?

Vegans annoying people since the beginning, it's not new at all :spit:
He did put animals here for food, and we have the teeth for it, why not appreciate it more.

:teehe:
So what are you saying, that Mel's brain is very similar to a head of lettuce?... I'm not sure I can find fault with that... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He's not Vegan is he, if so I didn't know.

Personally I know of three people who died, and two with bad health issues from being vegan.
One isn't all vegan, they eat chicken, and fish, but they have bad heart issues.
Very high cholesterol is a big issue for them also.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 5th, 2022, 5:32 pm He's not Vegan is he, if so I didn't know.

Personally I know of three people who died, and two with bad health issues from being vegan.
One isn't all vegan, they eat chicken, and fish, but they have bad heart issues.
Very high cholesterol is a big issue for them also.
No, he's an alcoholic and according to those pics the brain of an alky looks just like the inside of a head of lettuce.. :laugh: .. In Mel's case I would have guessed a cabbage but lettuce or cabbage who really gives two shits worth of difference... :laugh:

I'm not vegan but my main diet is vegetarian. Unlike vegans, I do supplement my diet with protein such as seafood, Greek yogurt, wild game and sometimes chicken breast.

Most vegans who have high cholesterol use too much fucking coconut or palm oil. Also plant based butter is a serious source of saturated fat. Vegans tend not to be the sharpest knives in the drawer. They tend to swallow tons of bullshit propaganda from the vegan cult and that is exactly what it is.... Veganism is a fucking cult.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Iceberg lettuce might as well be cabbage in my opinion, I hate the stuff.
I like coconut oil, but can't afford it much, the cost is ridicules, nice clean tasting food without an oil taste.
I eat mostly meat, and sugar of course, but I have zero issues with cholesterol, the doctors was really surprised since my heart valves are messed up.
I think people especially doctors don't know much about cholesterol, none of is is really bad for you, it's whats causing it which is scaring of the arteries by table salt, and my guess some veggies.
Also these so called healthy oils that's inflammatory, they cause maybe most of it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't eat table salt, or use canola, or vegetable oil, for especially canola.
Olive oil has done me well, and straight up butter, and lard.
Put of all my family I have had zero issues with cholesterol, that should say, or prove something.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

We are carnivores.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well I'm pretty fond of cakes, pies, and such also Odi, gotta have my fix. :cheesecake:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: July 6th, 2022, 12:37 pm We are carnivores.
No, we are omnivores, just like our closest primate relatives. We are designed optimally to eat a variety of food types.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odi isn't human though, he loves fat meat 24/7 365 :spit:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: July 7th, 2022, 3:58 pm Odi isn't human though, he loves fat meat 24/7 365 :spit:
Yeah, and I hear he likes it tartare... He's probably got worms.... :teehe:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: July 8th, 2022, 3:24 pm
Blue Frost wrote: July 7th, 2022, 3:58 pm Odi isn't human though, he loves fat meat 24/7 365 :spit:
Yeah, and I hear he likes it tartare... He's probably got worms.... :teehe:
I took the cats deworming medicine... I´m good. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Poor Odi, can't catch a break can you, It's alright though, what does not kill you makes you want more right :laugh: bring on the chubs.
I know quite a few here, I feel kind of bad for them since they want someone, but they wont really try finding their own sasquatch.
two tried latching onto me over the years, but I never wanted that from them even if fit, and skinnnny. :teehe:
I do hope someday they find a good person, one really deserves it nice as she is.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP