Vegans bad ! lol

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vegans bad ! lol

Being vegan isn’t as good for humanity as you think
There's a better way. There's a better way.
There's a better way. (Reuters/Jorge Silva)
https://qz.com/749443/being-vegan-isnt- ... you-think/
Written by
Chase Purdy
August 04, 2016

The moral high ground of food just shifted a little bit.

Using biophysical simulation models to compare 10 eating patterns, researchers found that eating fewer animal products will increase the number of people that can be supported by existing farmland. But as it turns out, eliminating animal products altogether isn’t the best way to maximize sustainable land use. Their work was published in Elementa, a journal on the science of the anthropocene.

The researchers considered the vegan diet, two vegetarian diets (one that includes dairy, the other dairy and eggs), four omnivorous diets (with varying degrees of vegetarian influence), one low in fats and sugars, and one akin to the modern American dietary pattern.

Based on their models, the vegan diet would feed fewer people than two of the vegetarian and two of the four omnivorous diets studied. The bottom line: Going cold turkey on animal-based products may not actually be the most sustainable long choice for humanity in the long term.
…the vegan diet wastes available land that could otherwise be used to feed more people.

Of course, this is not an argument to embrace a meaty diet. The study says striving for plant-based diets (with a little bit of meat on the side, at most) is the way towards environmental efficiency (in other words, using land more sustainably to produce more food).

The average US consumer today requires more than 2.5 acres (over two football fields) of land each year to sustain his or her current diet. That number decreases dramatically as you reduce meat consumption and add in more vegetables. Three of the vegetarian diets examined in the study would use less than 0.5 acres of land per person each yea, freeing up more land to feed more people.

So why not go whole-hog vegan?

When applied to an entire global population, the vegan diet wastes available land that could otherwise feed more people. That’s because we use different kinds of land to produce different types of food, and not all diets exploit these land types equally.

Grazing land is often unsuitable for growing crops, but great for feeding food animals such as cattle.
Perennial cropland supports crops that are alive year-round and are harvested multiple times before dying, including a lot of the grain and hay used to feed livestock.
Cultivated cropland is where you typically find vegetables, fruits and nuts.

The five diets that contained the most meat used all available crop and animal grazing land. The five diets using the least amount of meat—or none at all—varied in land use. But the vegan diet stood out because it was the only diet that used no perennial cropland at all, and, as a result, would waste the chance to produce a lot of food.

The omnivorous diets on the chart below reflect four patterns, each with more or less vegetarian influence. The smaller the percentages reflect less animal products in that diet.
Throwing a bone to vegans

Of course, these findings were from a single study, and determining what people should eat to maximize both sustainability and health is a tricky business. Economists, biologists, nutritionists, and environmentalists have all undertaken studies to find a definitive answer, but that remains elusive as there are many variables along the food chain—to say nothing of how our bodies interact with foods differently.

And then there’s the issue of philosophy. A lot of vegans aren’t in the business of avoiding animal products for the sake of land sustainability. Many would prefer to just leave animal husbandry out of food altogether.

Correction: An earlier version of this story was published with the headline, “Being vegan isn’t as environmentally friendly as you think.” The headline and descriptions of sustainability were changed to more accurately reflect the research described in the story, which focuses on using land efficiently to feed more people, not protecting the environment.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Vegans bad ! lol

My diet consists of mainly vegetables, lots of tofu, some chicken, fresh fish (when in season) and some dairy.

NO red meat and no pork...no pasta unless it's gluten free. No sauce on the pasta just puttanesca style. No bread unless it's whole wheat and only in limited quantities.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vegans bad ! lol

I eat a lot of red meat, but don't have a lot to choose from, but I do it fish, and try to stay away from a lot of bad stuff if I can.
I just wish the breads, and other stuff was made of real food still, and not man made garbage. What happened to good old lard
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Vegans bad ! lol

I just eat whatever I want... But the amounts are not that big.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Vegans bad ! lol

Blue Frost wrote: I eat a lot of red meat, but don't have a lot to choose from, but I do it fish, and try to stay away from a lot of bad stuff if I can.
I just wish the breads, and other stuff was made of real food still, and not man made garbage. What happened to good old lard
"Good old lard"... :laugh: ..You know if I were thinner skinned, I might take offense to that... :laugh:

Lard is making a big come back because people are finding that it's not as bad for you as was once thought. It's certainty better for you than vegetable oil.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vegans bad ! lol

Hey Lard isn't bad, people are stupid to think a lot of stuff they push on people are a lot worse. Canola oil is toxic, and inflames the system, Soy has to much phytoestrogens. and should be very limited, a lot of the others are bad also inflaming the arteries. Ill take lard please.
The diet movement in the 70s till now have ruined a lot of food, people born in the 80s likely don't know how good food taste, and what it even looks like. You rarely see golden brown anything now.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Vegans bad ! lol

Blue Frost wrote: Hey Lard isn't bad, people are stupid to think a lot of stuff they push on people are a lot worse. Canola oil is toxic, and inflames the system, Soy has to much phytoestrogens. and should be very limited, a lot of the others are bad also inflaming the arteries. Ill take lard please.
The diet movement in the 70s till now have ruined a lot of food, people born in the 80s likely don't know how good food taste, and what it even looks like. You rarely see golden brown anything now.
IMHO Canola oil is s mixed bag. It has a decent ratio of Omega 6 and Omega 3 fats but the problem with it is that the rapeseed used in the oil is genetically modified and toxic chemicals are used to extract the oil.

Also it's not a high heat oil. Heat it up to much and it goes rancid and gives off a foul taste. And because it's not s high heat oil it's really unsuitable for frying and it smokes. I usually avoid it. Coconut oil is a better option.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vegans bad ! lol

Canola is bad on the lungs, and respiratory along with causing inflammation all through your body. I like Coconut oil, it fries up clean, and no taste left in the food, but just don't overheat it it turns bad like most oils.
What people don't get is all the so called healthy oils turn to trans fats when heated at high temps.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vegans bad ! lol

Mel Gibson

Vegans bad ! lol

Odinson wrote: April 26th, 2017, 8:20 am I just eat whatever I want... But the amounts are not that big.
Me too. Best advice right here ^^^.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vegans bad ! lol

I eat usually once a day, and not a lot, but still 210 lbs :facepalm:
My metabolism is really slow, was when working all day also.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Vegans bad ! lol

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

These chicks are pro late term abortion... Cutting a baby into pieces and pulling him/her out with metal clamps.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh you mean hypocrite self hating scumbag Odi, that's what people like she is.

If that's true about Gordon Ramsay he is a scumbag also.
It's not right disrespecting something you are going to eat when it is loosing it's life for your life.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 11:53 am These chicks are pro late term abortion... Cutting a baby into pieces and pulling him/her out with metal clamps.

She's obviously a flaming liberal so by default she's a piece of shit regardless of what she eats or does with her uterus.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The unrealistic part in this is that the woman is attractive and she doesnt make zoo noises while Kevin Costner speaks.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I brought that up to a vegan before, they said it's a bug, and mouse.
I told him so you mean you are a specist, and a hypocrite then, they just shut up, and crawled away.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: January 21st, 2023, 10:20 pm The unrealistic part in this is that the woman is attractive and she doesnt make zoo noises while Kevin Costner speaks.

Good show. The episode where Beth beats the shit out of her vegan ass is especially good.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 1:21 pm
Odinson wrote: January 21st, 2023, 10:20 pm The unrealistic part in this is that the woman is attractive and she doesnt make zoo noises while Kevin Costner speaks.

Good show. The episode where Beth beats the shit out of her vegan ass is especially good.
He is right... They are fine with the pest control on their vegan farms.

The critters destroy the whole crop.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They will all be eating what the WHO tells them in the future, that included the bugs. :yum2: :teehe: