Ancient Egypt

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ancient Egypt

I may have posted about it, but most the Egyptians back then where whiter than most would think.
Also when the Nubian kings took over the population was quite racist about it, and vise versa. Not a modern concept like some are pushing, not just whites either like some love to push. :wacko:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ancient Egypt

I suspect that this chamber will be empty like all the other chambers but perhaps there will be something amazing found in there.

Scientists find huge 'void' in Great Pyramid of Giza

A huge undiscovered “void", the size of a jet plane, has been found inside the Great Pyramid of Egypt.

The 30-meter-long secret chamber, sealed off 4,500 years ago, has remained untouched until this day, scientists revealed on Thursday.

The discovery, named simply "Big Void", has been confirmed using different technologies.

It is one of four spaces -- the king and queen's chambers and "Grand Gallery" -- now known to exist inside the Great Pyramid constructed under the auspices of Pharaoh Khufu.

"It is big," said co-discoverer Mehdi Tayoubi of the ScanPyramids project, whose group has been scanning through Khufu's pyramid since October 2015 using non-invasive technology.

"It's the size of a 200-seater airplane, in the heart of the pyramid," Tayoubi told AFP of the discovery, published in science journal Nature.

"There have been many theories about the existence of secret chambers inside the pyramid, but none have predicted anything this big," he said.

The pharaohs of ancient Egypt built the pyramids to hold their embalmed mummies, and stocked in them everything they thought would be required in their afterlife, including food, clothing and jewels.

The chambers of Khufu's pyramid had been plundered long before it was visited by modern archaeologists, and no relics remain from any of them.

"While there is currently no information about the role of this void, these findings show how modern particle physics can shed new light on the world's archaeological heritage," the authors wrote in Nature.

The team is already turning its attention to new technology for the next step -- possibly a miniature robot that can travel through tiny holes to examine the inside of the void without disturbing anything.

The void is the first major structure found inside the Great Pyramid since the 19th century, the research team said.

Khufu's pyramid, which is 139 meters high today, and 230 meters wide, is located in the Giza complex on Cairo's outskirts alongside smaller pyramids for kings Menkaure and Khafre and the Great Sphinx.

The massive pyramid, which is one of the largest structures ever built on Earth, was erected as a tomb for Khufu, also known as Cheops. Until this day, nobody knows for sure how it was built.

It is the oldest and only surviving construction among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.

The other wonders were the Colossus of Rhodes, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Lighthouse of Alexandria, the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, the Statue of Zeus at Olympia and the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/11/0 ... pt-Pyramid
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ancient Egypt

I saw about that on the news the other day, it's a big space this time, but more of a cavity than a room shape.
I doubt anything is in it also, but there could be writings from the workers of the time, or hopefully a tool, or garbage.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Azhya Aryola
'Member'
'Member'

Ancient Egypt

How incredibly fascinating and intriguing this find is. I hope it isn't cursed. :o
Azhya Aryola
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ancient Egypt

Just have some tanna leaf tea ready :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ancient Egypt

:think: Interesting, plausible.

[video][/video]
Gary Oaktree

Ancient Egypt

This interesting theory is more believable than other ideas I have come across.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ancient Egypt

It is a theory I believe since I have seen no evidence other than the animation on this video.
Also the quarries I have seen have cut block in them, and tools found which makes me think maybe the video is just a theory.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ancient Egypt

What an amazing find. The Egyptian priests had some astounding powers from what I have been told. This is the tomb of an Egyptian priest and his wife. They must have been revered.

Hidden secrets of 3,000yo Egyptian tomb unlocked by archaeologists (VIDEO

https://www.rt.com/news/444818-ancient- ... omb-mummy/

Further mysteries buried in the desert sands of Egypt’s Valley of the Kings have been unearthed, this time in the form of brightly decorated sarcophagi and macabre mummified remains.

Once thought to hold dark curses for those who ever dared to disturb the enclosed remains of ancient Egypt’s dead royalty, the burial ground in Luxor has yielded treasures such as King Tutankhamun’s final resting place.

The tomb of Thaw InkhetIf the #overseer of the #mummification shrine of #Mut#Temple#discovered#Assassif#Luxor#Egyptpic.twitter.com/huUHj5k6kn
— Ministry of Antiquities-Arab Republic of Egypt (@AntiquitiesOf) November 24, 2018

A new tomb has now been uncovered there and it is believed the concealed crypt contains the mummified remains of an ancient priest and his wife. Egypt’s Ministry of Antiquities reported the 3,000-year-old tomb to belong to Thaw InkhetIf.

The brightly painted sarcophagi, carved by the ancient Egyptians to transport the dead to the afterlife, were found by French and local archaeologists. Ceramic jars for organs such as intestines and lungs, removed during the funeral process, were also located within the lost vault.

#Ministerof Antiquities announces #today a new #discovery in #Assassif#Luxor#Ramesside#tomb#sarcophagi#painted walls #lid of #canopic jars pic.twitter.com/gPgpCrQaU4
— Ministry of Antiquities-Arab Republic of Egypt (@AntiquitiesOf) November 24, 2018

“We found a new Ramesside tomb with colour paintings, a depiction of the queen Ahmose-Nefertari and their son Amenhotep I,” Minister of Antiquities Khaled El-Enany said.

Footage of the moment archaeologists undertook the daunting task to peer inside the two burial cases reveals how they carried bandaged remains dating back to the Ramesside Period, when Egypt’s pharaohs were all named Ramesses, between 1550–1295 BC.

[video][/video]
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ancient Egypt

From what I have heard the ancient Egyptians were masters of the occult. If you find this interesting then I recommend the video.

Egyptian CURSE? Six archaeologists DIE mysteriously within MONTHS of opening sarcophagus

SIX archaeologists died mysteriously just months after they opened up an ancient Egyptian coffin, a bombshell documentary has revealed.

The curse of the pharaohs is an alleged spell said to be cast upon any person who disturbs the mummy of a powerful Egyptian. This curse, which apparently does not differentiate between thieves and archaeologists, is said to cause bad luck, illness or even death. Since the mid-20th century, many historians have even argued the curse is real, due to the unexplainable circumstances that occur after the ancient coffin.

For many years, pharaohs were buried in the Valley of the Kings on the banks of the River Nile in Egypt, with 64 tombs already opened.

However, Netflix documentary series "Top 10 Secrets and Mysteries" series revealed how one discovery left researchers both baffled and terrified.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/10 ... phagus-spt
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ancient Egypt

A decade or so back two died from respiratory infections caused by mold in Europe when they opened one.
The curse is stupidity like the ones in the video above not keeping a mask on, and using cheep mask.
also a sarcophagus shouldn't be opened in a place like that, the content can fall apart in the open air differentiating the content.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Ancient Egypt

The stunning queen Nefertiti’s tomb may finally be found. If so then perhaps they can prove wether or not that famous bust of Queen Nefertiti is a fake or not. https://www.rt.com/news/481292-hidden-c ... discovery/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s more evidence that there was a more advanced civilization in Egypt before the one we know about.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Looking at that structure I see three distinct building styles, one is similar to Gobi Tepi which is considered the oldest structure in the world now.

Also consider this, you have stone buries for twelve thousand years, the structure would fossilize, maybe it was a type of cement when first built turning to stone. :think:
Maybe not a fact, but plausible.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That same building style has been found on other continents in very ancient man made structures including South America.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's a stable building style with a larger, it's a logical building style.
It's not that people where in contact, it's just a live, and learn thing.
The building style in the video I was talking about was specific, and sharp edged, older than most the temple.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A tomb has just been found in Egypt that hadn’t been entered since it was sealed experts believe was about 3,300 years ago and when Moses was making waves back in Egypt. There’s only one photo unfortunately. https://www.christianheadlines.com/cont ... 4765584ea9
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Queen Nefertiti’s tomb may be soon discovered under King Tut’s tomb. If it is I hope that there’s a statue with a good representation of her legendary beauty. This article says that Howard Carter thought that some thrives had stolen things from the tomb shortly after the tomb was sealed. How amazing would Queen Nefertiti’s tomb be if it’s untouched ? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... earch.html
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hundreds of mummies and a new Egyptian queen have been discovered by King Tut’s tomb. https://www.livescience.com/ancient-egy ... s-king-tut
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Been maybe 25-30 years since they found a tomb with that many mummies.
Gotta wonder, how many tombs like that exist, and will be found later.
You have to remember, people used to burn mummies for fuel in the late 1800s, and early 1900s.
They also ground them up into powder for quack medicine.
Untold thousands where lost, maybe millions.