Electric Vehicles

General talk, and discussion.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Electric Vehicles

I am not pro or against electric vehicles however there does seem to be some issues with some of them. Electric scooters have been a blessing for many people with mobility issues. Here’s a couple short videos of electric vehicles going up in flames like spontaneous combustion. In the second one that guy dumping water 💦 on the shooting flame didn’t think about what he was doing. https://www.westernjournal.com/electric ... fd7232ad57

Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: Electric Vehicles

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder what the world will be like in twenty years. It’s going to be very different. I imagine these long lines for electric vehicles recharging will be figured out. Perhaps there will be a better form of transportation that will make cars obsolete.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Yep... this reality seems antiquated and just moves around in circles with small adjustments now and again but stays the same really.
Same old money making prison system...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want a nuclear vehicle, a big one that take up the whole road with a plow on the front I can clear the roads with :laugh:
Clean energy compared to Electric, and getting the old cars off the road at the same time. :teehe:

Electric cars are filthy things, toxic, and a real big lie by people who toot green.
Name one thing green about them, nothing is green about them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Apparently electric trucks can’t tow even light loads without having to recharge constantly. The distance that they can tow is drastically shortened. A Ford lightning would be useless for pulling a trailer. https://www.westernjournal.com/joke-man ... fd7232ad57
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That's the funny thing about load on a electric motor, the more load the more power it draws electric.
I used to know the math for it, but forgot that a hundred years ago, you can use it in calculating power consumption, and amps.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This journalist found out that it took five days to charge his truck at a campsite. He points out the difficulties this could cause travelling to a place like Alaska. https://www.westernjournal.com/journali ... fd7232ad57
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hurricane Ian exposed that electric vehicles often explode when flooded. https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/water ... -hurricane
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I like how the green nuts think they are doing good for the environment when their cars are filthy polluters.
The toxic mess of creating the batteries, and disposal of them and powering them up on fossil fuel made electric from power plants.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

When they get into accidents the highway electrical current is very dangerous. Even for mechanics only special tools must be used.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

A few have caught fire in the Hurricane Florida just had.
You would think the system would be sealed, and wrapped properly.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

They perhaps thought that they had it water proofed enough. I imagine that they are looking at what caused these electric cars to explode and are now trying to find a way to remedy this danger. These cars inundated in the flood would have had every tiniest of cracks in the waterproofing tested.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Like most cars, and trucks now the electrical components fry when in water like a flood, the cars are useless after.
Back when I worked at the Ford Louisville Auto Plant we had a flood in the lot, all the trucks had to be scrapped because of water damage in the electrical systems.
The shame is I told them the lot was flooding, and they ignored me.

My guess a sensor, or anything electric could cause the feedback that burned out the batteries on the electric cars, it doesn't have to be a just wiring.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

An Italian researcher died after her electric car exploded and burned 90% of her body. That must have been a horribly painful way to die. In France two electric buses spontaneously combusted. They took the entire fleet of 149 out of service. Even if Justin Trudeau wants everyone to drive electric cars it probably is a bad idea like all of Justin Trudeau’s ideas. https://www.wnd.com/2023/06/researcher- ... fd7232ad57
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ever see an E cig blow up, just think of the battery size compared to in one of those filthy for the environment electric cars.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Accidents involving electric cars must also be very dangerous with all that electrical current. I am behind the times. What are e cigarettes ? They aren’t vapes are they ? When I smoked there wasn’t vapes either.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yeah the E cig is a vaping device, they can cause a lot of damage when they go off, people have had bad burns, and surgery from them.

Here is another concern libs don't mention, and talk about because it's bad press for their dirty fake green stuff.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve seen electric bicycles but never thought much about them. The companies won’t want this to become known and they must know that they have to figure out a way to make electric bicycles safer. I wonder how many or if anyone has been given an electric shock or electrocuted by an electric vehicle ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I had an electric Dwalt drill battery that exploded in my closet once, it got black stuff all over stuff, and ruined two shirts.
It also smoked up the house.
I was lucky the fire was small, and I was here, but it did damage, and made quite a mess.

One note, gas vehicle fires outnumber the electric ones they say, but the electric ones are much more dirty also.