Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this week.
On the weekend, we went on a little getaway down to Washington state. I took her to Whidbey Island. Some of the cool places we went...

Fort Casey.

Coupville, where we ate at this fabulous waterfront restaurant, and got so full that we ate small TV dinners for dinner.
Probably the best burger I ever ate ever.

We stopped at the bridge over Deception pass, with the ocean flowing under us. The railing is only about 3 feet tall, with a steel rope barrier between you and the cars whizzing past, and the wind trying to blow you off, But, I walked the length of the bridge and got some awsome views. My wife couldn't bring herself to do it.

We stayed in Oak Harbour, famous for it's Naval base and nearby Ault field, home of the 'Growler'.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: October 17th, 2022, 12:10 am My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this week.
On the weekend, we went on a little getaway down to Washington state. I took her to Whidbey Island. Some of the cool places we went...

Fort Casey.

Coupville, where we ate at this fabulous waterfront restaurant, and got so full that we ate small TV dinners for dinner.

We stopped at the bridge over Deception pass, with the ocean flowing under us. The railing is only about 3 feet tall, with a steel rope barrier between you and the cars whizzing past, and the wind trying to blow you off, But, I walked the length of the bridge and got some awsome views. My wife couldn't bring herself to do it.

We stayed in Oak Harbour, famous for it's Naval base and nearby Ault field, home of the 'Growler'.
Nice looking place, is it a bed, and breakfast type of place ?
Happy 25th :) enjoy.

Oh, as per the bad luck for me, been in bed the last few days, lost some more weight also, but maybe Ill get a break soon.
If not I'm heading to the doctor, and telling them I want my arm cut off at the neck, it's worse than a tooth ache, or ear ache.
I took some pain meds yesterday, and was sick most the night from them, still feel blah from them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Double post "edit".
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

beanthere wrote: October 17th, 2022, 12:10 am My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary this week.

Fort Casey.

Happy Silver Anniversary, congratulations.

Coupeville was one of my favorite places in WA. They have a nice arts festival in August and Musselfest which is in March, had some of the best seafood I've ever eaten.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

Hi! Hope everyone is well with health ...happy travelling!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Hi peoples, and Odi :)

Well nice time to be traveling If you can, weather is good for it, and the color changes is nice this year in the trees.
Best in years I read.
If I could travel right now I think it would be someplace like the Greek Isles, good food, and some scuba diving.

Well no travel for me though, been sick, lost more weight, and food taste real bad for me after all the meds I have been on.
I get nauseated even eating now, I wanna throw up everything.
Ill make a good skeleton for Halloween this year.
I'm a little better today, I got cleaned up, bed washed, and going to try to get something from Subway this evening.
If I can't eat it at least Ill pick it apart for what I can eat.
I would think bland stuff is all I need right now, some broth, crackers, maybe a little salmon.

Hey Berry, I hope you are in a lot less pain, and moving around more, some travel would be good for you also if you can.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Anyone ever see RF around the forums ?
I hope he is doing well, and all is good for him, miss him a lot.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hi peoples, happy Friday I hope.
Tired here, but trying to not be, but it's making me tired lol.
Nothing on the plate today, might just blow the garbage back in the street if I can stand the outside, no matter I guess.
I hope something good is happening for you, I was thinking of the lack of things here. pretty sad really.

Was thinking back, I always wanted a girl who would enjoy the park with me, plays, ballets, and things like that, but we really didn't have that kind of thing here except in small amounts.
The plays, and shows was mostly flops, and lackluster, parks sometimes kept up, but a lot of filth.

Oh well, I hope your area is much better than here, not much going on for us.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:

Hi peoples :)
Well made it another week, and here we are again.
I'm a bit better right now, gaining some weight back I think, and some moving around.
Just tired, pain, and just a want to do things take up my days right now.
I am better today though, I think Ill try to mop a floor, or clean a drawer :think: damn, Dr.Seuss rhymes in my head now.

Well I hope things are better for you, and the weekend was nice.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 24th, 2022, 9:35 am :monday:

Hi peoples :)
Well made it another week, and here we are again.
I'm a bit better right now, gaining some weight back I think, and some moving around.
Just tired, pain, and just a want to do things take up my days right now.
I am better today though, I think Ill try to mop a floor, or clean a drawer :think: damn, Dr.Seuss rhymes in my head now.

Well I hope things are better for you, and the weekend was nice.
"Would you, could you with a goat?".. :teehe:

Don't over do and set yourself back. Go easy.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

No goats, maybe talk to the Sasquatch about that.

I did much of nothing, my neck wouldn't let me get started on anything, had to lay down a bit just for a break from it.
I'm guessing rain is coming in, or something, maybe Ill do something after the rain comes.

I did eat well today, my sister cooked me up some stuff, and brought it over yesterday.
BBQ chicken, chili, and some watermelon, and pineapple.
I took care of some Mexican food I made yesterday also.
I figured if I was going to be nauseated from eating I might as well go all out :teehe: might gain a little weight back.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Hello peoples :)
Well fun start to today, cold, and a yard full of trash, and tree matter from neighbor trees.
I love the looks I get when I blow it out in the street so they can drive through it.
I would just chop them up, but I don't like the trash in my yard, and they don't rake it up anyhow so it blows all year long.

Well sunny day here, I hope it is for you, and a nice day.
Any good weekend plans yet ?
I have a floor needs cleaning, and laundry :facepalm:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

120 people dead in a mass-panic in South-Korea.

Halloween party went wild.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well that's sad, stupid people doing stupid things I guess.
I feel bad for the families, that's got to be tragic for them.

Here in the 80s-90s that happened a lot for some reason, parties, fires at the clubs, and other events.
Not seen that for a while now.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Sunday peoples :)

Well happy for some I hope, it's a cold rainy day here, and everyone I know is sick today.
I'm alright, just pain, and I wanted to do stuff outside today after cleaning floors Friday.

So anyone got anything good going on, it's Halloween tomorrow isn't it ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Halloween peoples :)
More rain here today so it's going to be a nasty one for the kids, but it might dry up a little.
No matter, Ill be in my hole in the ground away from it all eating my candy :teehe:

I used to enjoy giving out candy years back, the little kids was so cute, and mostly well mannered.
Today it's a lot of trash, and brats coming around, and they ruin it.

So being Halloween today can Odi walk around in public without people running, and wanting to take photos of him :spit:
Good luck Odi, find a few plump ones for the winter months while out.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Sadly no... :teehe:

Its sort of landing in here but Halloween is not part of our tradition.

All hallows eve is for lighting candles on the graves of our loved ones.

Black friday sales are pretty dumb considering that we dont have thanksgiving.

I get it... They are trying to bring these money-spending holidays in here to boost up the sales.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's fun for the kids here, or used to be, and some still that can get to nicer areas for it.
This neighborhood is dead anymore, to many crack heads, and low lifes, light a candle for us Odi. :teehe:

I know the tradition how it used to be, and for some places in the world like yours, it's the way it should be, and used to be for most of Europe.
My mother hated Halloween as a holiday, she hated what she called sick costumes, but loved the cute kids coming.
Running off evil spirits is what the costumes are for, like pumpkins, and candles in some places, some the candle is a guide for the dead.
I like how the Japanese do it, they light a candle, and send it aloft in the sky showing the spirits which ways to go. Nice tradition.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Come over Odi, you can hand out in my area, we have a lot of Sasquatches hanging around anymore, especially at Walmarts. :laugh:
Lot of fat ones in Walmart needing a good Sasquatch.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 31st, 2022, 9:17 pm Come over Odi, you can hand out in my area, we have a lot of Sasquatches hanging around anymore, especially at Walmarts. :laugh:
Lot of fat ones in Walmart needing a good Sasquatch.
Yeah, but the fatties at Walmart, (especially down south) tend to be low class pigs. Odi will get a nasty case of trichinosis.

We got tons of kids as usual. I do two bowls of candy. One has the crap stuff the other the good. What bowl you get depends on your costume. The older kids that barely dress up get the shit bowl of candy. The little ones are usually cute so they get the good stuff.