The Founding Of The United States

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The Founding Of The United States

Are there any stories that you can share here on this thread ?……please ?…… :pardon:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Alright, here is a man that had a large bounty on his head, and the Brits thought dishonorable because he didn't stand up in a line to be shot at. :laugh:

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You know America was a second thought when it came to fighting, if they wasn't fighting several other campaigns there would not be an America.
The Brits was not thinking though, they lost to a backwater, that was an embarrassment they didn't get over for a long time.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I enjoyed both of those videos.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They show a little of how our special forces really got started, i think it was Murphy's men who even started wearing the green so they would blend in.
It really wasn't a new idea, but for them modern western warfare it was not conventional, and looked down on.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

After reading Journey To The Northern Ocean detailing Samuel Hearne’s 1770-1772 travels across them uncharted lands from the Hudson’s bay westward to perhaps a few hundred miles if the Rocky Mountains it occurred to me that the native interactions must have been similar all the way down to the Aztecs where they were even worse. The Aztecs must have kept the Comanches in check before the Spanish conquered them. Life on the plains of America must have been a scary existence.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a very interesting interview of a 98 year old man who witnessed and photographed the Wild West. He worked on the railroad, he saw the great Buffalo herds, he lived in the days of the Wild West legends, he was in the army and I imagine that this was during the civil war however he doesn’t talk about that hardly probably for the same reasons veterans who’ve experienced the horrors of war don’t want to talk about it. This is 27 minutes.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This 24 second tape of president Lincoln is noteworthy as being the only time his voice was recorded but what he said is huge. He no doubt knew a lot about the American constitution and the forces that would try to take Americans freedoms and I believe have been since 2001. Donald Trump I believe did his best to reverse as much as he could like eliminating at least two rule or regulation for each new one.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

As it has happened to most empires, and nations of size.

Interesting his voice isn't more deep, or lighter sounding, wouldn't have expected average from a man like him.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

What really stood out for me is what he chose to say of all the things that he could have said. This was the most important thing that Abraham Lincoln wanted to say to future generations and coincidentally the current generation of the same satanic cabal are finally now taking Americans freedoms away. They are doing it in Canada too and the Ukraine 🇺🇦 leader did it to an extreme level imprisoning his opposition.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Even Reagan said something similar, I believe it's something everyone in politics realizes, but does little about.
The people will have to stand up, our representative government is not representing us at all on the left, or right.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a short interview of a man who had run ins with the natives. He had been a civil war veteran though little is mentioned about this. He knew Wild Bill Hickok and met with George Custer.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I knew nothing about the Mexican American war until just now. Why won’t Hollywood ever make a television show or movie about this way ? This is a very important part of American history. It’s a good thing that the USA did aquire these lands as American they became first world lands and a strong enough America has been needed to save the world from the tyrannies of the Nazis, Stalin’s Russia and now the tyranny of emperor Xi Jinping’s China. For those who don’t know this important bit of history I do recommend this 16 minute video.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The possibly to some degree fabricated and cleansed history of the cowboy I believe had a very positive effect on American culture. Here’s many interesting stories and facts about the cowboys and Doc Holiday. Only eight bank robberies occurred between 1859 and 1900. Cowboys were usually about five foot tall, one in four were black and a lot were Mexican. They didn’t tend to like their jobs. Most of them had venereal disease. Doc Holiday died at merely thirty five years old. https://www.giveitlove.com/false-myths- ... 6_10cALL=1
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Why it was dangerous to travel in colonial America. There apparently were river pirates and bandits on the roads between towns. The Hart brothers were serious psychopaths. The stories of their various travels and exploits do give a good idea of what it was like them. I don’t believe that I had ever heard of them. They didn’t have values that would let history books be kind to them and give them a place in in history alongside say the James brothers Jesse and Frank. Living with natives and learning how to survive in the wilderness is an interesting oart of their adventurous lives.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The movie How the West was won has a scene with Jimmy Stewart with some river pirates.
They would kill anyone they found, and take their stuff, trappers especially since they made a lot of money from the furs they took up the river for sale.
Sometimes a whole years worth of furs, or more.

By the way, Kentucky was known as the blood lands by the Indians.
The name Kentucky is named after Simon Kenton an explorer, and hunter/big mouth slightly related to me.
Kenton Ohio is also named after him, and some other places.
Supposedly he beat up Danial Boon, showed him how to get here, and talked a big talk.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

That may make you Kentucky royalty then.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't claim him, or Kentucky for that matter, i hate this place.
I'm not sure if the grass is greener someplace else, but it has to be better than living here now, or in the far past.
The only thing that was good for the Indians here was the hunting, but that's gone now unless you deal with the stinking government, and can find a place.
The humidity in the summer is bad, the weather is very unpredictable, and bugs, people, and bugs.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I never made it to Kentucky during my epic 1983 hitch hiking adventure throughout the western USA.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some parts of Appalachia has good people worth seeing, and some nicer little towns around in it, but the cities forget it, might as well be in Detroit.