No more neighbour's free wi-fi for me :(

RDL

No more neighbour's free wi-fi for me :(

Last Friday, Dec 9th, there was a major windstorm, the power was out in my neighbourhood from 7pm to almost midnight...
and my neighbour took the opportunity to put the password back on their wi-fi so I can't use it anymore...
so I'm stuck having to go to the mall again to use the mall's wi-fi...

Maybe it's for the best...
I said and did some things on my neighbour's wifi that I shouldnt have...
Stuff that I would never do on the mall's wifi...

I feel like I have some accountability in my life again...
But, on the other hand, I will always be grateful for that 2 1/2 weeks of complete and utter freedom when my neighbour was letting me use their wifi...

I have no plans to get internet in my apartment, the cops would just make me cancel it like they did in 2009...
So, for the foreseeable future, no complete and utter freedom for me...

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: No more neighbour's free wi-fi for me :(

Well that's a bummer, put a note up on the front door, and say have a heart, turn the WiFi back on it's almost Christmas after all. :teehe:

In my opinion the internet is one of the worst things that happened to man, and one of the best.
One, we waste more time on the internet than we should, and it has ruined people because they don't get out anymore.
But on the other hand it's a useful tool for the right things such as information, ordering things we need, and finding people we care about.
I think the bad has outweighed the good though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

I've found a cinnamon bun place in the same mall where I work, the cinnamon bun place has free wi-fi, it'll stop my nosy coworkers over there at the food court from seeing what I'm up to, but it doesn't give me the privacy I had when I had internet at home... that's probably a good thing though...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yummy, Cinnamon Buns, Cinnamon was hot. :laugh:
Really though the place smelled so good, and across from Orange Julius in our mall, made it hard not to stop at both places.
I always got a bad belly ache when I went :laugh:

McDonald's is supose to have free WiFI, and there is online sites that list free hookups so maybe check that out.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
RDL

I've found a nice little secluded spot in the mall, a nice comfy bench outside a clothing store called BlueNotes...
BlueNotes has free wi-fi, and I'm not likely to run into any of the food court staff here :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Just find one of those giant garbage cans, put an out of order sign on it, and a chair in it :laugh:
Hell the can I have for garbage I would be safe in a flood floating in the thing.

Hell when I die they can plant me in it, I don't care.
RDL

2023 is shaping up to be a darn good year...

2022 was full of important figures in my life dying, first my grandmother on my dads side, then the queen, then my dad, then the former pope...

2023 is looking up, covid restrictions are long gone, dads health crisis is over, dads in heaven now, my family made it through all the holidays without him, and i just found out i dont have to do jury duty because of my high functioning autism :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It has been bad for me so far, but I keep hoping for better.
I'm glad someone is doing good.
RDL

I'm not working today, I'm at a different mall, I'm at the one downtown, I've found some nice comfy chairs to sit at, I'm on the Rogers cellphone store's free wi-fi on my laptop...

The evil toxic library is just a few blocks away, good riddance, I don't need them anymore, haven't been in the library in about 6 years...
RDL

I'm spending the day out and about, hiding from the answering machine so my boss can't call me in to work an extra shift to cover for some girl that's been sick lately...

Also I kinda ran my mouth off on one of the zoom meetings on my landline phone last night, think I might have crossed a line, another reason to avoid the answering machine and avoid my apartment...
RDL

Also, I've gained access to TELUS free wi-fi through my email address, even though I am not a TELUS customer...

Shaw, on the other hand, isn't letting me into their free wi-fi, even though I am a Shaw customer... every time I try, it says that they're unable to retrieve my information... probably because I'm on a Google chromebook that's so old that it isn't receiving software updates anymore...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:laugh: Run, hide, your mouth got you in trouble again.
I understand RDL, keep trying to be good, it's hard I know.
I try, and still get people upset with me, and that's the people who deserve the anger from me.
Today I got into it with a law firm, Fed-Ex, and Dell, several hours of stress, and anger.
rdl

not gonna bother with the shift button... kinda hard to do capital letters when i'm standing outside 7/11 holding my laptop with one hand and typing with the other... yes, 7/11 has free wi-fi 24/7... but i can only come here if it's dry outside... don't want my laptop exposed to any rain or snow... but seriously how cool is it... i was able to come here last night around midnight or 1am lol...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not a big thing unless a grammar nazi shows up RDL :teehe:
You need a fold up chair now with a cup holder, go in, buy a drink, and the cops wont bother you much for loitering.
Dress like security, and maybe the place will give you some free doughnuts after a while, and some coffee. :laugh:
RDL

tuesday night/wednesday morning i was having a manic episode at 330 am because of some caffeinated vitamin water, so i took a very inappropriate photo of myself with my laptops built in camera, then i went to 711 to access the free wifi, then i uploaded the picture as my zoom account profile picture, then i went onto a 247 meeting in new zealand, then i turned my video off so everyone else could see the picture... but i didnt even get the chance to get booted from the meeting... some 711 staff member came out of the staff room and was about to approach me, maybe he saw what i was doing on their wifi, so i quickly put my laptop away and went home... that was close...
RDL

friday night, im at the mall where i work, day off, hanging out on my laptop, doing a few zoom meetings in victoria/vancouver, but not logging into my zoom account because i dont want anyone at my workplace seeing my inappropriate profile picture...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

So, what do you get out of all that RDL, issues with dealing with others, or yourself ?
You don't really care do you, it's just something you can get a rise out of people right, and something to past the time.
Boring life sometimes.
There is other things you can do, hobbies, working out, TV if you are a lazy person.
RDL

You're right, I do need a hobby.
People have been saying that to me a lot lately.
Sure, I've got my job at the food court Friday night, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.
Sure, I see my Mom on Wednesday.
But I've been feeling pretty lonely on Thursdays.
2 weeks ago today and 3 weeks ago today I had 2 separate incidents over the phone.
Last week I was lucky, I had a lot of things I needed to get done.
Today I just did a lot of journaling, a lot of prayer, even wrote some bad fan fiction for some show I used to watch.
Tonight I'm at the mall where I work, I'm on the patio, I was watching the 5pm news, I've got a few other shows I wanna watch outside
without having to be cooped up at home.
These next few months, I've got some activities lined up for Thursdays, like zumba in the park, qigong in the park, swing in the park, and Canadian football games on the radio.
I've also got counselling sessions over the phone on Saturdays and Sundays 10am-10:45am Pacific.
I think this will be a very nice summer.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Interesting, maybe I'm lonely like people say sometimes, I don't know.
I am alone most the time, and rarely get out so maybe that's what makes me so cranky, and intolerant of people.
Funny if that's right because it is contradictory.

You sound like you need people, but push them away sometimes.
I guess I do that also, pretty interesting :think:

Being outdoors helps a lot I know because it makes me feel a lot better, and others if they can do so.
I think the outdoor stuff with people will help a lot for you, especially if you can chat it up with a few others.
RDL

Starbucks wi-fi isnt letting me onto its Accept and Connect page, weird, I didnt do anything last week but watch the news, maybe theyre having technical difficulties...

None of the other networks accessible from the outside of the mall are anywhere near the benches and patio tables...

If I want to sit and access the internet, I have to come inside...

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.