The Third Temple

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: The Third Temple

So, the thing that people don't understand about this, is that in both the original tabernacle built by moses, as well as the temple built by solomon, there was a special inner room called, the holy of holies. only once a year, the high priest, and only the high priest was allowed inside there to sprinkle blood for the sins of the nation, as well as for himself and it was on the mercy seat of the ark where the blood was sprinkled. There was a heavy curtain across the door of this room.
Although there was no mention of the ark after the return from babylon, I believe that it was found and restored to the second temple, where they continued on as things had been before, and there were no special instuctions from God to deviate from this ritual. This was the only place known where anyone could enter into God's presence and be accepted there. This all changed on the day that Jesus died however. He became the perfect sacrifice who's blood would have been sprinkled there but His death gave anyone who desired, the chance to enter into God's presence. At the moment Jesus died, that heavy curtain was torn into, (Matthew 27:51). I believe that at that point, the Ark had vanished from there. Yet, there was still one man who would see the Ark, and the Bible tells us very plainly...the Ark is still in God's temple alright,...in Heaven. It was Jesus' faithful disciple, the apostle John, saw it. (Revelation 11:19).

Then the temple of God was opened in heaven, and the ark of His covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake, and great hail.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The Third Temple

Could it be that as John saw the temple on Heaven, perhaps as Jesus returns from Heaven, the ark of the covenant also will ? As words in different languages often don’t have the precisely same meaning. There is to be a third temple but it doesn’t say that the ark will be in it. From what I remember there wasn’t an ark in the second temple either. I wouldn’t be surprised if the third temple will be built in the 2020’s so we don’t have long to wait. If the ark of the covenant still exists I believe that it’s likely that it will be restored to the third temple. “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.
18 The nations were angry,
and your wrath has come.
The time has come for judging the dead,
and for rewarding your servants the prophets
and your people who revere your name,
both great and small—
and for destroying those who destroy the earth.”
19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.