..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

If you notice most gun companies in Turkey vanish withing three years, they change their name is the trick.
You have gun issues you are out of luck.

The WInchester, and a few others made there are under the name of Winchester so they have to be up to their standards.
As you said they are licensed by them, and have to have the quality.

I was just saying a cheep knockoff isn't so bad sometimes, just watch what you get.
The good part of it is you have the internet for research anymore, it helps a lot.

I have been looking at the SXP again myself, I want two if I get them so I can stash them near the doors.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

They probably get some startup money from the government.

They shuffle the ownership between relatives and buddies.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm If you notice most gun companies in Turkey vanish withing three years, they change their name is the trick.

The WInchester, and a few others made there are under the name of Winchester so they have to be up to their standards.

I was just saying a cheep knockoff isn't so bad sometimes, just watch what you get.
The good part of it is you have the internet for research anymore, it helps a lot.

I have been looking at the SXP again myself, I want two if I get them so I can stash them near the doors.
The better ones like ATA or Armsan, or Huglu or Akus have been around a fairly long time. They are usually hooked up with well known gun companies or importers like Weatherby, CZ, Mossberg, SKB, Tristar, etc. Warrantee work on those products are pretty easy to get. It's the US importers that are here today, gone tomorrow that you really have to worry about.

Even Fabarm which is a well known Italian shotgun maker or fairly expensive guns has had it's share of importer problems. Getting parts or warranty work done on some of their older models is all but impossible without sending the gun back to Italy.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: February 14th, 2023, 2:34 pm They probably get some startup money from the government.

They shuffle the ownership between relatives and buddies.
I know someone who bought a Turkish shotgun, and they tried to get it fixed being it was suppose to have a warranty.
Well the company was there, but different owners so he was stuck with a broke gun.
The funny part was they made the same shotgun, but rebranded.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: February 15th, 2023, 12:42 pm
Blue Frost wrote: February 14th, 2023, 1:12 pm If you notice most gun companies in Turkey vanish withing three years, they change their name is the trick.

The better ones like ATA or Armsan, or Huglu or Akus have been around a fairly long time. They are usually hooked up with well known gun companies or importers like Weatherby, CZ, Mossberg, SKB, Tristar, etc. Warrantee work on those products are pretty easy to get. It's the US importers that are here today, gone tomorrow that you really have to worry about.

Even Fabarm which is a well known Italian shotgun maker or fairly expensive guns has had it's share of importer problems. Getting parts or warranty work done on some of their older models is all but impossible without sending the gun back to Italy.
I have seen a few off brand Turkish shotguns that caught my eye, but I never got one.
If as you say they are name brand backed Ill consider them a bit more.

The Turks make a nice copy of the 92 f Beretta, it's all made with the Italian tooling, and standards.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2023, 3:31 pm

I have seen a few off brand Turkish shotguns that caught my eye, but I never got one.

The Turks make a nice copy of the 92 f Beretta, it's all made with the Italian tooling, and standards.
A lot of Turkish guns are very nice. ATA makes rifles anf handguns for the Turkish military.

The reason they are so cheap in not because they are made poorly, it's because the Turkish Lira is so weak against the US dollar and the Euro. If that wasn't the case, they would cost just as much as some of the European offerings. I currently own 3 Turkish made shotguns and if 20 years ago you said to me that I would buy a Turkish shotgun, I would have told you to fuck off. They have come up in quality that much.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 15th, 2023, 7:48 pm
Blue Frost wrote: February 15th, 2023, 3:31 pm

A lot of Turkish guns are very nice. ATA makes rifles anf handguns for the Turkish military.

The reason they are so cheap in not because they are made poorly, it's because the Turkish Lira is so weak against the US dollar and the Euro. If that wasn't the case, they would cost just as much as some of the European offerings. I currently own 3 Turkish made shotguns and if 20 years ago you said to me that I would buy a Turkish shotgun, I would have told you to fuck off. They have come up in quality that much.
How dare you...

Turks raided slaves from here in the 1700s.

Where are my reparations?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I thought you where Finnish Odi ???
They did take a lot of people all over the place, southern Europe, and beyond was fair game to them, also any ships in the Mediterranean being it European, or American.
Africa was a big source of their slaves also.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: February 20th, 2023, 10:38 am I thought you where Finnish Odi ???
They did take a lot of people all over the place, southern Europe, and beyond was fair game to them, also any ships in the Mediterranean being it European, or American.
There were some slave-raids in Finland... Coastal villages... 1700s.

They did it so quickly that the local militias couldnt respond in time.

Turks also raided Iceland which is why it was legal to kill Turks in Iceland all the way to the 1970´s. :laugh:
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 20th, 2023, 11:09 am
Blue Frost wrote: February 20th, 2023, 10:38 am I thought you where Finnish Odi ???

Turks also raided Iceland which is why it was legal to kill Turks in Iceland all the way to the 1970´s. :laugh:
They weren't actually "Turks" that raided Iceland and most likely Finland as well. They were Barbary Pirates out of Algiers or Tripoli, so they were Moors or Berbers....In fact many of the more notorious Barbary pirates were renegade white Europeans working as privateers....The American colonies and the newly formed United States had their share if problems with them as well. The colloquial vernacular of the time labeled any Muslim out of the Middle East as a "Turk" and I guess ignorance just carried it through to the modern age.

Unfortunately that Icelandic law allowing "Turks" to be killed seems to be an urban legend... No real legal docs exist stating that it was legal to kill "Turks" on sight... BUT Iceland did have a decree stating that you could kill Basques on sight in the Westfjords district. That law was only abolished around 2015. The Basque decree goes back to the early 17th century and stemmed from some kind of misunderstanding between shipwrecked Basque whalers and the locals.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:25 pm

They weren't actually "Turks" that raided Iceland and most likely Finland as well. They were Barbary Pirates out of Algiers or Tripoli, so they were Moors or Berbers....In fact many of the more notorious Barbary pirates were renegade white Europeans working as privateers....The American colonies and the newly formed United States had their share if problems with them as well. The colloquial vernacular of the time labeled any Muslim out of the Middle East as a "Turk" and I guess ignorance just carried it through to the modern age.

Unfortunately that Icelandic law allowing "Turks" to be killed seems to be an urban legend... No real legal docs exist stating that it was legal to kill "Turks" on sight... BUT Iceland did have a decree stating that you could kill Basques on sight in the Westfjords district. That law was only abolished around 2015. The Basque decree goes back to the early 17th century and stemmed from some kind of misunderstanding between shipwrecked Basque whalers and the locals.
The area was part of the Ottoman empire so thinking that they were Turks was understandable... They practically were Turks.
And the slaves, girls and young boys, ended up in Turkey and Persia.

I know that they were a multinational group of opportunists... In Finland, they pretended to be merchant-ships which they probably were until an opportunity to make a lot of money presented itself. :teehe:

Older countries might have really outdated laws in the books somewhere that havent been officially removed..

The "Ottoman" pirates did attack Iceland, they werent basques, and its reasonable to assume that the king decreed Turks to be killed on sight.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: February 20th, 2023, 4:04 pm

The area was part of the Ottoman empire so thinking that they were Turks was understandable... They practically were Turks.

I know that they were a multinational group of opportunists... In Finland, they pretended to be merchant-ships which they probably were until an opportunity to make a lot of money presented itself. :teehe:

Older countries might have really outdated laws in the books somewhere that havent been officially removed..

The "Ottoman" pirates did attack Iceland, they werent basques, and its reasonable to assume that the king decreed Turks to be killed on sight.
The Basques didn't attack Iceland. It was 1615 and Iceland and Spain had an agreement to let whaling ships dock in Iceland. It was a rough winter that year in Iceland and Basque whalers were shipwrecked in a storm. Most of the sailors survived and came ashore. Several Basque sailors broke into an empty merchant's shop snd stole some dried fish because they were starving. The local people took it a little too far and hunted the Basques down and killed and mutilated them. The local psycho sheriff decreed that all Basques and Spaniards where to be killed on sight. This lead to a massacre of about 32 Spainish sailors. It was the worst massacre and atrocity in Icelandic history. Fortunately it was just a local incident and the decree didn't impact the entire country.

Some people are just nuts and there are too many frightened sheep who can be whipped into a frenzy by just one crazy authority figure.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:05 am
Odinson wrote: February 20th, 2023, 4:04 pm

The Basques didn't attack Iceland. It was 1615 and Iceland and Spain had an agreement to let whaling ships dock in Iceland. It was a rough winter that year in Iceland and Basque whalers were shipwrecked in a storm. Most of the sailors survived and came ashore. Several Basque sailors broke into an empty merchant's shop snd stole some dried fish because they were starving. The local people took it a little too far and hunted the Basques down and killed and mutilated them. The local psycho sheriff decreed that all Basques and Spaniards where to be killed on sight. This lead to a massacre of about 32 Spainish sailors. It was the worst massacre and atrocity in Icelandic history. Fortunately it was just a local incident and the decree didn't impact the entire country.

Some people are just nuts and there are too many frightened sheep who can be whipped into a frenzy by just one crazy authority figure.
Total strangers, massive language barrier and they did steal stuff... Probably didnt act like boyscouts otherwise either.

Living in Iceland is tough and stealing somebodys food was probably out there with crimes like murder.

Pirates doing lightning strikes and kidnapping people for slavery in an odd land, was a thing.

Different times. :laugh:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

How much time would regular dudes get for negligence that leads to fatality?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: March 31st, 2023, 4:30 pm How much time would regular dudes get for negligence that leads to fatality?
Depends on the circumstances. Depends on the state and political climate...Depends how good your lawyer is, Depends on how big of a prick the prosecutor is.

Lots of varibles.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It's how they are charged also, if seen as an accident you might get less than criminal negligence.
Being Baldwin they will likely do nothing other than have lawyers spank his wallet.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The sad part is liberal are like this.

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Alec Baldwin... Acquitted.

Normies get hardtime for that.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm sure he paid a lot out, but he deserved years of jail time.
I hope it catches up to him someday, or someone pays him back as Karma should be paying a visit.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Could it be that the Hollywood stars are propaganda agents for the satanists that rule the world and therefore they get a get out of jail free card ?