Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Hi Blu. Hope your doing better. Hospitals suck. Speaking of hospitals, I landed up starting back to work a few days early, because the manager who was doing my work had to drop everything and fly back to Toronto. Her father had a massive stroke and laid there on the floor where he had cracked his head, for more than 24 hours before he was discovered. Doesn't look like he's going to make it. Something about this year seems to be bad news all the time and were only starting March.

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: March 1st, 2023, 10:25 pm Thanks Odi, appreciated.
I'm feeling pretty rough from it, and hurt all over from the spasms.
It got real warm out today, I really wanted to do stuff. 82f at one point.
Maybe tomorrow Ill be able, I need some food now that I haven't been able to get out lately.

how is the game, my sister has been wanting it, and shes a big fan of that movie.
I never saw the movie, just a few moments on Youtube years back.
Some of the game looked interesting online.
Have you tried medical marijuana?
It seems to be working for stuff like yours.

Pretend that you are Gandalf smoking Old Toby. :teehe:

The game looks and feels epic... Game of the year material.

I´ve been playing for 10 hours and I´ve only put a small dent on the overall progress.

The map is 80% unexplored.

80% of the spells are locked.

This is the game all Harry Potter fans have been waiting for.

Plus you are a "transphobe" when you buy and play this game. :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 10:27 pm Hi Blu. Hope your doing better. Hospitals suck. Speaking of hospitals, I landed up starting back to work a few days early, because the manager who was doing my work had to drop everything and fly back to Toronto. Her father had a massive stroke and laid there on the floor where he had cracked his head, for more than 24 hours before he was discovered. Doesn't look like he's going to make it. Something about this year seems to be bad news all the time and were only starting March.
I know it doesn't mean anything from me, but I hope he makes it, and does alright after.
I worry about that stuff myself especially from the other day when I ended up laying in the wet grass watching the sky spin.
I'm a bit better today, I got a lot cleaned up from where I have not been able, and happy about it.
I'm not happy that often

Please don't over do it at work.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Odinson wrote: March 4th, 2023, 1:58 pm
Blue Frost wrote: March 1st, 2023, 10:25 pm Thanks Odi, appreciated.
I'm feeling pretty rough from it, and hurt all over from the spasms.
It got real warm out today, I really wanted to do stuff. 82f at one point.
Maybe tomorrow Ill be able, I need some food now that I haven't been able to get out lately.

how is the game, my sister has been wanting it, and shes a big fan of that movie.
I never saw the movie, just a few moments on Youtube years back.
Some of the game looked interesting online.
Have you tried medical marijuana?
It seems to be working for stuff like yours.

Pretend that you are Gandalf smoking Old Toby. :teehe:

The game looks and feels epic... Game of the year material.

I´ve been playing for 10 hours and I´ve only put a small dent on the overall progress.

The map is 80% unexplored.

80% of the spells are locked.

This is the game all Harry Potter fans have been waiting for.

Plus you are a "transphobe" when you buy and play this game. :laugh:
I have been looking at two games myself, Elden Scrolls, and Ghost of Tsushima.
I'm not into Harry Potter, but the game looked cool.
My sister is into the books, and movies, but not into killing things so shes likely not getting it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Sunday peoples :)
Good old leg spasm this morning for a wake up, and lower back one.
Gotta love being a broke down old fart. :facepalm: and people wonder why I don't smile much.

Oh well, gotta get my butt busy today if I can walk this off, been trying for two hours now.
I hope your day started better.
I think Ill get outside today, suppose to be nice out, in the mid 60s later on.
Spruce up the garage some.

So, anything good going on ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hello peoples, I'm still here :)
Been down a lot lately, but maybe better now, not sure though.

So how is life going, good I hope for you.
Not much going on here, just getting some company is all, and dealing with a few birthdays.
Oh, happy birthday to any of you that's had one :) That's you RF, sorry I missed it, and I hope you are well.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Hi Blu. Hi everyone. Not too bad here, just some wet weather. There was some hail that came down yesterday but I'm hoping were done with winter at this point.
I guess pretty much everyone is done with winter. I didn't have to deal with the last big snowfall being laid up and all, it was kind of a mixed blessing.
Oldest son gets to run off down there for a couple of weeks for some field training. That boy seems to want to be where the action is, but I'm pretty sure that if he ever gets there, he will have his fill real quick. Like most bright eyes who want to be soldiers it's gonna get old fast.
Everyone else here is just chugging along same old.

Wonder whatever happened to Mel, hope his house didn't fall on him with all the snow.
Mel Gibson

beanthere wrote: March 12th, 2023, 6:10 pm Wonder whatever happened to Mel, hope his house didn't fall on him with all the snow.
I'm still around, Brother! The forums are dead now, so there's no action to see really...

My time is spent drinking, reno'ing my rural money pit house, and at the current moment in time trying to get my boating licence online, just for fun!

I also haul gravel around. You most likely wouldn't want to do that, as a business model... Profit margins are slim.

But, there is no forced 'hiring' in this industry quite yet. I can still call you a "faggot', and you will laugh it off... For now.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

HI Mel, hows go?
Whats the faggot thing about, I don't get the comment :scratch:
In middle school, and high school that got thrown around a lot, but most the kids just made themselves look like fools.
Some would try to look big saying I bet you would suck their dick for a million dollars.
My comment back was you must be one for wanting a guy to do that, their friends would laugh at them, and back away pointing at their big bad friend. :laugh:
Making a fool of them was a fun past time, and being mr. bad guy like me they would just have to take it, or get a boot .

You getting a boat, or have one ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

beanthere wrote: March 12th, 2023, 6:10 pm Hi Blu. Hi everyone. Not too bad here, just some wet weather. There was some hail that came down yesterday but I'm hoping were done with winter at this point.
I guess pretty much everyone is done with winter. I didn't have to deal with the last big snowfall being laid up and all, it was kind of a mixed blessing.
Oldest son gets to run off down there for a couple of weeks for some field training. That boy seems to want to be where the action is, but I'm pretty sure that if he ever gets there, he will have his fill real quick. Like most bright eyes who want to be soldiers it's gonna get old fast.
Everyone else here is just chugging along same old.

Wonder whatever happened to Mel, hope his house didn't fall on him with all the snow.
I hope your son doesn't over do it, every little pain comes back to you when you get older ten fold.
You know that though right ?

Cold again here, and been raining a lot.
I have a friend here from Georgia for a week right now, I asked him why come up here this time of year it's warm there.
I think about everyone is getting erratic weather right now though, and we usually do here till around May.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hello peoples :) hows the day going :)
Sucks here, but who cares right, nothing can be done.
So company is still here, been a pain, but it's good to see my old friend.
Gotta love good friends you know pain, or not.
To think about it most people are a pain anyway so it's not a big issues other than I'm a loaner.

So, anything new going on, fun, sun, people who ignore you :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:hhd:
Hi peoples :) hows going ?
Sunny here, but cool, nice out though.
Did a bit of cleaning up today, next is myself I guess.

So, anything good going on, Spring is just a few days away.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Hey Frosty :)

When can we turn the heating off... I'm scared to read the meter. :facepalm:
Only just warming up here, maybe yesterday and today.

Just found out yesterday that our TV licence fee here in good ole UK is going up next year to £172 a year.
It's £159 right now, I reckon a lot of folks are cancelling it... too high that... and not worth the money for a long time.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hi :rose:
Just got my heating bill today, it's a bit down from last month, but I turned the heat down a lot.
I know some people freeze to death, and the Liberals don't care since they are the reason it's so high now.

TV :kez: I guess it's been about two years since I watched the stuff except for a few hours in the hospital.
I said to myself now I know why I don't watch TV anymore.
I certainly wont pay for the tripe.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Freezing... I've seen some Brits saying on news videos that they aren't gonna put the heating on.
Things are getting beyond a joke now... does the state care, nah. Just keep trucking on like there's nothing wrong in the matrix.
I cancelled the TV tax 11 years ago... I get a letter from them every month, just the same old threats but worded differently.
So where are the famous TV detector vans they were always trying to scare folks with for decades...nowhere in sight.
Probably just made it all up.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would think that people could accuse them of harassment, especially if they come to your house.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The Finnish TV-license inspectors didnt have any legal authority to inspect your house.

They could only inspect if you allowed them to... A lot of people just told the inspector to F off.

It was only when the inspector managed to get a police warrant, then he inspected your house accompanied by police officers.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Your laws suck on that.
A private residence should not be invaded unless a known crime has happened.
Also just because a private entity wants access the police should deny that protecting your rights to privacy.
I don't watch TV myself, but have five in this house, I would be fined for that if I was there :wacko: They would say I had intent to watch them.
Kind of like liberals counting guns, and bullets here when someone is arrested, it could have been a massacre. :panic:
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:52 am Your laws suck on that.
A private residence should not be invaded unless a known crime has happened.
Also just because a private entity wants access the police should deny that protecting your rights to privacy.
I don't watch TV myself, but have five in this house, I would be fined for that if I was there :wacko: They would say I had intent to watch them.
Kind of like liberals counting guns, and bullets here when someone is arrested, it could have been a massacre. :panic:
We have a state-owned news media like the BBC in the UK.

The TV-license served this news media and thus he/she served the state.

There were no ads in the state-owned channels so they relied solely on the TV-license payment as revenue.

You violated the law if you had a TV but did not pay the TV-license...

The cops accompanied the TV-license inspector if they managed to get a warrant... Which they didnt get most of the time.

No private businesses involved.

This whole thing is a tax now so there are no TV-license inspectors now... Everybody pays the tax.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Here in Canada we do have a state run television network, however it, (the CBC), is financed by TV commercials, just like all the other Canadian and American networks. A lot of Canadians believe that the CBC has outlived it's usefulness and is a big waste of taxpayers money, So yeah, indirectly we are paing for it whether we like to or not through our federal income taxes. Still, there is no government harassment of any sort, probably because if any political party that tries to force this on people, they would lose all their seats at the next election. A TV tax? No, we don't have that here. What we do have here tho are some of the worlds highest fuel taxes, (especially here in BC), along with some of the worlds highest cell phone plans. The governments always say they are going to do something about that but they never do.