Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

Our Public TV is partly done by grants, and donations.
Big companies give grants, and some rich people who can afford it.
Also some public funds I'm sure go to it in other ways.
I don't think there is a big following of those channels here.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:monday:
How goes it peoples :) anything good going on ?
Nothing here, just tired, and needing a good feel good day.
Yesterday was real nice outside, anyone else get some of that weather?
I'm paying for getting out some, damn head full of boogers now.
Even though I feel bad I did get a lot done, maybe not so much today though.

Been playing Eldin Ring lately, hard game, and big world with some awesome graphics.
My only grips is the character editor sucks, and no pause button on it.
There is a lot of side quest also, but you need to look, and ask around for them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Mel Gibson

I'm still here!

Where's Renee's fat ass? She's pretty good at directing content...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey it's Mel :woot:
How goes it Mel, anything good going on.
Hey, I need a few loads of good dirt, how much :teehe:

I'm still here also, but some days not so much, today good day so far.

So getting a lot of work lately with the warm up, I hope it's good business for you.
Berry Sweet
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

I'm around but trying to figure out some life stuff out...

I can't sleep well right now...tomorrow will be my 3rd day doing an easy shift at work. It's nice to help out when they need an extra hand, but I can not go back to that job...im walking on my own..short distances...im tired of this rain and wish spring would fight back with some sun...all ot ever does is bloody rain, or it's cloudy.

My hips, legs and back hurt some days...but getting back to normal...slowly...

How's your health Blue? Hope you're doing well!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hey :)
I'm alright for the moment, three good days so far in a roll.
My heart isn't right still, likely wont ever be again thanks to doctors who don't listen.

We got hot here fast the other day, but I'm expecting some more cold soon.
One day it was 84f, the next 48f, but Ill take that.
Sunny, and nice right now except the poor air quality.
I hope you get some good weather soon, it really helps mind, and body.

I hope that you get better soon, and can get around better later. :howdy:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Saturday peoples :)
It's stuffy out here, and almost 80f.
I'm glad I got my yard work done up for now, I think Ill do some indoor stuff.
Anything good going on, fun, sun, food, love ??? lol
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hello peoples :) had a half way good day here besides the green lump on my leg from the spasms this morning.
It mush have ripped something good in there for it to like that.
I did walk a lot of it off though cleaning today, i have my garage almost under control now.
Gave away some junk also so it's got a new life :) always nice doing that.
Good old spring cleaning, anyone else doing it ?
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: April 11th, 2023, 10:46 am Hey it's Mel :woot:
How goes it Mel, anything good going on.
Hey, I need a few loads of good dirt, how much :teehe:

I'm still here also, but some days not so much, today good day so far.

So getting a lot of work lately with the warm up, I hope it's good business for you.
I'm getting a few things done around the house! Bathroom reno's almost done, so it'll be nice to use the main bathroom once again. My reno guy is a good guy, but he certainly comes and goes as he pleases. "Kootenay Time" is a real thing here! Showing up late or not at all is still somewhat tolerated in this region. "Hey, where's Dave? That drywall work was supposed to be done today!" "Don't worry about it and just chill! Dave is running on Kootenay Time, and will finish the drywall job next week!" It's surprising that anything gets done here at all! :laugh: In the big city they'd give me shit if I rolled into work 10 seconds late!

I can get you good dirt for @ $200 for 13 metric tons of it (full tandem load here), plus my 2023 trucking rate of $125/hour plus applicable tax! It'll be the most expensive load of dirt you'll ever get delivered! :laugh:

But ya, the truck is going in for inspection in a couple days (required if I run it loaded or for hire). Calls for gravel are already starting to trickle in. Thing is, we have spring thaw road weight restrictions on many of the side roads here for commercial vehicles, and I spend most of my time on those side roads (Dump trucks don't travel very far on main highways, unlike long haul trucks. Half of my work is dumping gravel into peoples yards here it seems), so I'm timing things to run once thaw is over. Weird thing is, the other guys all seem to run loaded during these restrictions, so maybe they know something I don't, or it simply isn't heavily enforced here... Not sure.

But ya, it'll be nice to start earning money again. While the trucking rates here are much better than I could charge in the big city, it is also seasonal here. In Van, you can truck all year round for low East Indian rates. Here it's seasonal, but for higher White man rates (at least for now, until the brown guys flood in and take over here also).

Working brings stability, which I sort of need... Being single, it's VERY easy to party like a frat boy when you have no commitments. Drinking myself stupid and sleeping in until noon sounds great, but it's not ideal long term.

Hope all is well down there in Kentucky! Or as well as it can be! I still say you should sell the place and take the rural pill! I will NEVER live near a large city again!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I want to move to Florida near a beach, but right now my health wont let me so Ill likely die here.
No big loss really I guess, my neighbors will be happy, and my mail man if I go either way. :laugh:

I don't think I can afford that dirt Mel, and I need at least three loads for starters.
Thing is I need a bobcat also since manually moving it wont work for me now.
Just filling in, and leveling the yard is all I need, but it will take a lot of dirt.
I'm the guy who is so dumb he would buy dirt lol.

When I had a truck i would pull up to the construction sites for the roads, and just fill the truck up.
I got a lot of dirt that way.

You need to ask an officer if you can get away with moving stuff early in the business.
You never know they might be helpful, and you might get in good with a few of them.
Mel Gibson

Florida is too hot & humid for White people! Or at least it is for this White boy!

Rent a Bobcat or mini-excavator, and run it yourself to move the dirt! Here, no problems renting them, and it's what we do here! Unless you're retarded, they aren't that hard to run! You do NOT want to hand shovel 50 tons of gravel or dirt! Let the machine do the work for you! A mini-excavator with a blade will make leveling easy, so make sure it has a blade for back-blading for that leveling!

And you are correct in dirt and other construction materials... Dump trucks generally charge a certain rate per hour no matter what they haul, or to where... If you see good clean fill getting excavated, or millings from asphalt road resurfacing, don't hesitate to ask the foreman if you can have it if you live close! There is a possibility that he'll re-route those trucks to dump a few loads onto your property, to save on trucking costs if you're right there!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have moved that kind of loads before in the past, "PAST" :blush:
Yeah I can run a bobcat, and even a backhoe if needed, there is places pretty close, but I don't even have a truck anymore, and would need to rest that also.
I'm giving up on the idea, but if I get word Ill get some if the right price.

Three big loads from a rig like yours would do, but I think I need more than I was told because of settling, and feathering out the edge of the easements.

I hope you are getting it all ready, and in good shape for the season.

Florida is hot, and humid, but better on the beach, a mile, or two inland is where it gets bad with humidity, and bugs.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Hi peoples, I hope it's a good day for you, someone needs one :unsure: someone, someone ???

Well getting over yesterday, had a long drive for test, and more coming soon.
So far they say I'm full of inflammation, well dah !
Next is needles shocking nerves from them, and other fun things.

So nice day out here today, going to rain though, but I'm getting out a little for some sun, and air before it comes in.
I hope you all get to enjoy some sunshine, and good weather, or soon anyhow.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Hi peoples :)
Well I hope the day is good for you all, cold, windy, and wet here today, freaking nasty cold also even if the temp is 49f.
I think the heat is going to be put back on a bit.

So, anything good happen this past weekend ?
I didn't get much done, but did toss some stuff out, and figured my life out a little, still sucks though. :laugh:
Maybe some warm will help a bit, and getting out more, who knows.
Well anyway, I hope all of you are doing well, :howdy:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:friday:
Hello peoples :)
Well I'm still alive, been a hard few days for me being in the hospital again.
Went in for a so called simple procedure, and they almost bleed me out again.
"Mr. you are anemic, we have to keep you now"
Without food.
Oh they tried to give me that stuff they call food, I went off on them this morning about it, and they sent me home.
Want me to gain stregnth, and build up my blood, and not even try to feed a person right.
They even messed up scrambled eggs, and that's hard to do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Ill likely not be on much for a bit, I hope you all are doing well. :rose:
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 5th, 2023, 1:15 pm Ill likely not be on much for a bit, I hope you all are doing well. :rose:
Likewise!

While the forums aren't what they once were, and we have other things to handle in 'real life', there's nothing wrong with leaving for extended periods of time to handle what we need to handle.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm having issues with my health, and a stay in the hospital after surgery again.
The light on the computer is really bad hurting my eyes along with fatigue from blood loss.
I'm good though for now, just need a little more rest, and I'm pretty mean still, and kicking lol.
Real life sucks sometimes, but that's normal, and Ill spit in it's eye till I'm off to the far side. :)
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Well almost another week gone, anyone have some fun planned ?
I hardly remember what fun is, work was fun to me. :blush:

So, some not so fun work, I just cleaned the bathrooms some, and laundry, i don't think housework is fun by the way.
I had to stop, hard to breath right now, but I plan on catching up some today being I got up so early, 4am.
Been a few weeks since I been able after all that's went on again with my health, maybe I need a sexy french maid :teehe:
Any volunteers ? :laugh: I promise no French surrender jokes, or Frog comments. :laugh:

Well good day to you all, I hope all are in good health.

Oh, Banana bread is in the oven, smells so good already. :yum2:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well feeling a bit better today than lately, I hope it keeps up.
And I hope you all are well, or getting there also.

Still not doing much here, I'm still a quart low on blood I think, but trying to eat well so to catch back up again.

So, is anyone doing anything good lately, my plans are on hold, but I have some.
Streamline some yard work, and house work is my biggest plans.