Legends

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Legends

WOW ! Hugh Glass was an incredible survivalist. What an adventure. I certainly wouldn’t want to experience what he did. This story really shows what the frontier was really like in his era.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s a Canadian legend. Louis Cyr
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

John Madden is a legend that I will never forget as I learned something very important that I find helpful. John Madden the winningest coach in NFL history would have his players practice the basics excessively as when the basics were honed to the maximum then the added moves would be more easily performed. I have found this to be helpful and this will never forget the legend John Madden. Unfortunately he has just passed away at the age of 85. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-supe ... dead-at-85
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s three legends here. John Wayne, Lee Marvin and Lee Van Cleef.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

One of his better movies, and you left out Jimmy Stewart, one of the better actors in the movie. John Wayne was John Wayne in what he played in.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I didn’t recognize Jimmy Stewart. Yes there’s four legends in this clip. Jimmy Stewart no doubt qualifies as a legend.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s two Hollywood legends Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason who is playing the pool shark legend Minnesota Fats. Jackie Gleason was so charismatic in this part.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I think that was his best roll, I didn't care for most of his work.
Newman was pretty good in a few movies, never great, but good a lot of times.

You know Newman was quite a good person donating a lot of money like he did, it helped a lot of charities.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Is that Paul Newmans best role or Jackie Gleason…. or both of theirs ? It’s the best of Jackie Gleason of the little that I have seen of his acting.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: December 10th, 2022, 9:29 pm Is that Paul Newmans best role or Jackie Gleason…. or both of theirs ? It’s the best of Jackie Gleason of the little that I have seen of his acting.
Newman had a few good rolls, Gleason had that one in my opinion.
Newman was not a great actor, but a good one, and he had a good heart I believe.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s the actual voice of Buffalo Bill Cody at age 52. I was curious to hear his accent as this may have been the accent of many of the people of the Wild West. I don’t remember hearing any of the slang of the day. Buffalo Bill Cody definitely qualifies as a legend and the narrator lists the names of some of the many legends that were his friends.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

He would have made a good radio character up till the late 50s, early 60s.
I used to hear a lot of old broadcast, and listen to old shows with my dad, he sounds like a lot of the narrators.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I posted Wild Bill Cody’s voice. Here’s some footage of this legend and a bit of his Wild West show.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have seen better film of him in the past, I have to wonder if it survived..
He kind of looks like he is looking to build a KFC location getting off his horse in that video :rofl:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Notice how people dressed, you hardly see people dressing nice today.
i was thinking that hippiies is the reason, T-shirts, and filth, look at the trend setters of the 60s. :kez:

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I really enjoyed watching the parade and some of the many parts of his legendary show. Yes everyone did dress well and no doubt had a higher average morality as the geniuses who created the American constitution said was necessary for this constitution to work. Some of the horsemanship, shooting,lassoing etc… was impressive. I am glad that I finally watched this video
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Bills show did end up in Europe in front of royalty.
Many came here on hunting trips, and tours, some just stayed home, and killed off animals from trains shooting them from the windows. :wacko:

He is also responsible for a lot of that Noble Indian B.S. taught.
Some of the Indians ways was what I call noble, but a lot as many here know wasn't.
Slavery, killing off neighbors for their hunting lands, and woman, all things mankind did all over the world.
A lot of tribes treated their woman like slaves also.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Wyatt Earp talks about gunslinging and gunslingers of the Wild West . He talks briefly of one of my idols that being Wild Bill. Just like experienced street fighters, they didn’t do anything flashy
, they just got things done.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Calm, and collected as the military forces teach.
Just like boxing, and fighting in general you need the practice, you gain muscle memory.

I have done quite a few guns that people wanted to be smoother shooting, they still do it today.
I use a cotton swab that you can find the burrs, and a honing stone to take them off.
Taking off sharp edges is another thing done.
The bad thing is you can make a gun pretty dangerous for carrying, they can go off pretty easy if bumped.
Oh, and today it's safer for the chamber to be empty also while packing a six gun, I know many who still do that including myself.

It's neat hearing from someone back then, especially someone like him.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hearing the voice and accent of a man who spent decades with the gun slinging Wild West scene uninfluenced by MTV, sitcoms etc… but the ways of that epic adventurous era. Anyone who could associate with so many of the legends of that era had to have been outstanding.