Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

General talk, and discussion.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Hello :-) ... Hows Life ?

:frifday:
Hello peoples :) I hope all is well in your world.
In a lot of pain here today, but all is good, I got a lot done, and that makes me a bit happy.
Was a nice couple days so I got rid of a flower bed, and that will save me quite a lot of work this summer.
My yard isn't as pretty as it once was, but at least I have a lot less work now.

So, anything good going on for the weekend ? :)

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Been working the entire weekend. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I hope you are not hurting from it like I am, I did way to much for a gimp.
I didn't do much today, but killed some weeds, and cut the hedge up with my mower that I took up.
I use the mower as a chipper shredder, it needs the blades sharpened a lot. :teehe:

House cleaning this week, I have company coming next weekend.
The good thing is it's just my normal cleaning, I keep things up pretty good, but I am just one person.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Fun day today for another gimp...me.
Had to unload a stack of 49 110lb boxes as part of my buildings air conditioning upgrade. I did about half of them on my own, and then I had help with the other 20 or so boxes. Sad to say I held up better than my helpers, and I'm at least a decade older than they are, but now I'm in a lot of pain. I still have to relocate about 36 of them to another room, and then I have to install them and haul the oldies off to recycling. And then I have all the other stuff I need to do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

When this old man told me to think smart I didn't know he meant get someone else to do the hard jobs, and be the supervisor.
Well fellow gimp, we are some real dumb dumbs aren't we :wacko:

I warn every kid now days I see working hard that the companies don't care, and when you get broke down they toss you to the side.
Work hard for yourself, and family of course, but not for someone who doesn't care at all about you.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:thorsday:
Hi peoples :) good day to you !
Well I'm not feeling that bad today like the last few so work to do.
Smoked salmon for breakfast, and some lemonade :yum: :yum:
I have already leveled a fence up, and put some tools away, laundry is next.
Floors mopped also, so maybe Ill clean a bathroom, and quit for today.

How about you all, do anything good, and maybe some fun ??? we all need some fun sometimes.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: May 24th, 2023, 10:54 am When this old man told me to think smart I didn't know he meant get someone else to do the hard jobs, and be the supervisor.

I warn every kid now days I see working hard that the companies don't care, and when you get broke down they toss you to the side.
Work hard for yourself, and family of course, but not for someone who doesn't care at all about you.
Just what we need.... tell kids who already have a shitty work ethic and refuse to work, not too work too hard... :kez: Just keep perpetuating the misguided belief that companies / capitalism are the enemy. You do know that once all the Boomers and Gen X have retired we are in big trouble, right? You think incompetence and lazy fucking workers are the rule now,... Just wait another 25 years. Well be lucky if our entire corporate infrastructure which our society depends upon, hasn't collapsed.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

The plan is to turn us into a citydwelling liberals while all the real jobs are relocated to poor countries.

We are definitely being pushed to live in cities.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: May 26th, 2023, 11:54 am
Blue Frost wrote: May 24th, 2023, 10:54 am When this old man told me to think smart I didn't know he meant get someone else to do the hard jobs, and be the supervisor.

Just what we need.... tell kids who already have a shitty work ethic and refuse to work, not too work too hard... :kez: Just keep perpetuating the misguided belief that companies / capitalism are the enemy. You do know that once all the Boomers and Gen X have retired we are in big trouble, right? You think incompetence and lazy fucking workers are the rule now,... Just wait another 25 years. Well be lucky if our entire corporate infrastructure which our society depends upon, hasn't collapsed.
None of that is right Renee, the kids I see, and tell that to are working where they will hurt themselves.
Trying to impress bosses that could care less if they hurt them because there are more stupid kids behind them.
It's alright to do your job every day, and put in an effort, but not to over do it for companies that will just toss you to the side.
None of my comment, and what I tell them is to be lazy, and I'm all in for a good work ethic, but a smart work ethic.
Final Flash

I got the Hyundai Kona N some weeks ago. This thing is fun and fast. The exhaust is loud. Lots of pops and bangs. It's got an overboost button on the steering wheel. 0-60 in 5.3seconds with launch control.
https://youtube.com/shorts/5djUxHcHJ3I?feature=share
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Nice little care, I hope you take care of it, and wont blow it up racing people :teehe:
I always blow my cars out on occasion, keeps them from seizing up, and running tight like an old persons joints.
I recently sold my Rav 4, and the old man said it was faster than the other ones he drove, and better handling.
I guess the K&N filter, and better tires helped with that, but keeping the carbon blown out does also.
Final Flash

Anyways. I hope Kentucky have been good to you. No wild fire smoke here yet. Edmonton the next province over was covered in smog. The Flash TV series ended this week. End of the arrowverse. I recently watched the Night Agent. It was good. Only 1 season.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh Hey, RF :cheer: didn't realize.
I have been worried, and wondering if you where alright, I hope so.
Good seeing you are up to what you like it seems.

Hey about the fires, State Farm insurance decided to stop insuring California because of fires.
What it is is bad forest management, and those green nuts being control freaks, they care nothing about the forest so it burns.
Controlled burns, and fire lines worked, and caused very little harm.

Well anyway nice little car, pretty cool, and reminds me of one of the little Transformer cars of the 80s on TV. :teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy Memorial day peoples, I hope it's a good one for you.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Memorial day?

Whats that?

:teehe:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The shame is most people here don't know what it is, but I know even a Sasquatch knows in Finland what it is.
Here you used to see the flags come out, not the fags.
Here you used to see some people wearing poppies even if not an American thing.
Most people don't even think of their own dead relatives on Memorial day anymore, how pathetic is this Liberal ran world.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

:hhd:
How goes it people, i hope well.
For me I'm getting over the company still, and having my nephew over for a few days.
I hardly can do it anymore, yesterday was a bad day from it all, and I'm getting over it.
Boys are sure nasty creatures, gotta pee on everything, and leave filth all over the place.
Don't get me wrong, girls are plenty dirty also, but boys are on another level of dirty.
I never was bad as most, pretty much a clean freak myself, but I'm sure as a child I made some mess, but my mom would have beat me to death being like most of them.

Today is rain, so cleanup inside some, and rest up for tomorrow.
The weekend is coming fast, any plans anyone ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

All these air quality alerts, tone those fires down up there Canada, I need to get out sometime.

So, nothing going on today here, just some picking up stuff, and laundry, what fun right.
Had my nephew for a few days last weekend, I almost have his mess cleaned up.

So, anyone doing anything fun, or interesting ?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: June 8th, 2023, 12:43 pm All these air quality alerts, tone those fires down up there Canada, I need to get out sometime.

So, nothing going on today here, just some picking up stuff, and laundry, what fun right.
Had my nephew for a few days last weekend, I almost have his mess cleaned up.

So, anyone doing anything fun, or interesting ?
Yesterday the air was orange here. Literally orange. I've seen smoke from brush fires before and this isn't the first smoke event on the east coast but I've never seen anything like this. It look like the end of the world.

Today is better. It's still hazy but nowhere like it was yesterday. Hopefully around here, most of the haze will clear out this weekend. But since the fucking dumbass Quebecois can't seem to get a handle on their forest fire problems, who knows what this summer will bring in terms of air quality.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

In your area pollution was up 800+ percent the radio said.
Also in some areas they where handing out the m95 mask for people outside.
One news article was blaming global warming for insurance not covering some areas now, it's more stupidity from not managing land like they used to do.
It's going to be a warm year, but clearing out brush, and making fire lines are a must if they want to control this stuff.