Electric Vehicles

General talk, and discussion.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Electric Vehicles

There was a couple cars totally engulfed in flames two days ago on the British Columbia news. I wonder if one of them were electric ? I’ve seen travel trailers that that were just a skeleton of the trailer. after most likely the propane was left on while travelling. The truck towing was destroyed too and I suspect that the driver didn’t make it either.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Car fires in general are very dirty, and sometimes hard to put out since you have a fuel, and regular fire.
I see them using foam a lot more now days because it suffocates both kinds of fire.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
genocide088

Blue Frost wrote: September 27th, 2022, 7:48 am I want a nuclear vehicle, a big one that take up the whole road with a plow on the front I can clear the roads with :laugh:
Clean energy compared to Electric, and getting the old cars off the road at the same time. :teehe:

Electric cars are filthy things, toxic, and a real big lie by people who toot green.
Name one thing green about them, nothing is green about them.
what electric cars to is instead of polluting out the gas pipe just move the pollution to the power plant that burns coal or whatever

there are thou beneifts to electric cars being alot more realaible alot less moving parts and will in time last longer

if you know about history there was acatully more electric cars than gas 100 or so years ago but upon finding massive amounts of oil in texas standard oil put a end to the electric car. or something like that

https://www.westernjournal.com/evs-popu ... g-problem/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Electric vehicles have a lot of improving to do until they are as good as gas or diesel vehicles. Car crashes are a huge problem due to the high voltage, they can’t tow anything. As an earlier post pointed out, electric trucks look like trucks but they can’t tow anything.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

genocide088 wrote: July 26th, 2023, 2:05 am
Blue Frost wrote: September 27th, 2022, 7:48 am I want a nuclear vehicle, a big one that take up the whole road with a plow on the front I can clear the roads with :laugh:
Clean energy compared to Electric, and getting the old cars off the road at the same time. :teehe:

Electric cars are filthy things, toxic, and a real big lie by people who toot green.
Name one thing green about them, nothing is green about them.
what electric cars to is instead of polluting out the gas pipe just move the pollution to the power plant that burns coal or whatever

there are thou beneifts to electric cars being alot more realaible alot less moving parts and will in time last longer

if you know about history there was acatully more electric cars than gas 100 or so years ago but upon finding massive amounts of oil in texas standard oil put a end to the electric car. or something like that

https://www.westernjournal.com/evs-popu ... g-problem/
reliable until you have to replace the headlights, and battery, the cost of repairs is a lot higher than gas powered cars.
I have seen some of those old electric cars, and bikes, I really think the bikes was the way they should have went.
They had distance over the cars, and in the bigger city they would have kept selling I believe.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Everyone in Canada wants to have a loud Harley Davidson. Also everyone in Canada now wants to be covered in tattoos as well. It’s the style now to look like you’re a hard core motorbike gangster. I was just thinking to myself earlier how if I had a bike that I would want a silent one. That’s my style.perhaps an electric bike is what I should get if I ever get a motorcycle.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That's about how I am Gary.
My old mustangs I always made them as quiet as I could, but still keeping up the power.
I hurt a lot of peoples feelings drag racing back then, and no not in drag. :teehe:
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This Womans electric car just exploded. I’m a bit surprised that water was able to be used to put out the fire. If it had been in her garage then it would have been far worse. https://www.wnd.com/2023/08/woman-wakes ... 937961ce4f

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

11000 gallons of water, and three hours they smothered it most likely, and the battery melted out. Geeezzzzz!
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It looks like electric vehicles are not ready yet for the Canadian winters. How could we produce enough electricity for all the cars if they become all electric as well ? https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/01/14/ ... ep-freeze/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I guess a few of them might be figuring out batteries are really sluggish in the cold.
Even in a gas powered car the battery is slower to charge in the cold, gotta have those amps up.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Electric car no thanks :laugh: love my gasoline car.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

They need a heater like the Diesels have, but most those idiots would let it drain the battery. :kez:
Ill keep my gas one also, I learned my lesson keeping up the kids electric toys like the scooters.