Maneaters

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Maneaters

It's a shame it had to be put down, but also a shame the boy died like that.
Really it's hard to tell there is one there till it jumps out, I'm surprised more people hasn't been killed.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I wonder how many of the many people that go missing in national parks every year are actually killed and eaten by wildlife ? As I’ve no doubt mentioned in other posts, I’ve never seen a mountain lion but I wonder how many have seen me in the forest.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm sure some have seen you if they are around, but usually they will ignore you as a treat unless starving, or you are small.
Scary thought with kids running around, or pets.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

There’s loads of them in British Columbia but few people here have ever seen one.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It would be good to have a big dog with you there, at least you could get warned of one near you.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I remember reading many years ago of s as n older man’s dog attacking a cougar and sacrificing his life to save successfully his owner. Dogs are such a great pet and friend.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

My niece when she was in Colorado kept two good sized dogs, and with her when she walked.
There was several attacks on people then.
I would say she likely didn't get attacked because the dogs, they let her know when something wasn't right.
Kept the bad people away also.
I'm very thankful she had them then.