Modern Western Food

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Modern Western Food

There’s some aerated natural juice that I like as long as they aren’t too sugarised. Those soda pops are a chemical sugar toxin.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Soda was always bad with the sugar, but when they took sugar out, and replaced it is when it got real bad.
Yes all the chemicals don't help either, they are not natural for your body.
Most stuff now is full of toxic stuff for us, people don't complain enough about it, and wont quit supporting the companies that do it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I have always tried to avoid processed foods but not fanatically.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

How do you avoid it Gary, not much isn't processed anymore, and full of garbage, and worse stripped of everything good about it.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I don’t take it too seriously but I still always check out the ingredients.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I eat mostly meat, and some fruit, the rest is seasoning.
My other bad things are full of the garbage now, chocolate powder, Ice cream, cookies, and such.
Pathetic the soy, and other garbage they put in the foods.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Apparently eating a high fat high sugar diet or a junk food diet impares brain function. https://www.sciencealert.com/too-much-j ... -the-brain
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well junk food for sure, lots of sugar yes, but fat is an overly lied about food source.
I forget what company paid off the FDA years back, but they demonized fats in favor of their seed products.
The seed products are causing the issues today, not the old fats like lard.
Our brains work well with fats, we also need salt, and other so called evil things of course in moderation.
Now overheated fats, or seed oils are bad, seed oils especially.

Look at it this way, anything overly processed like seed oil, milk, or anything isn't good for you, our bodies never adapted to those things, or amounts.
One thing I read the other day is salmon which is high in fat can help you not get dementia.
The natives in the north eat high amounts of fats in seal, and whale blubber, but of course they have the genetics for it also.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I think that the fats that this article is the chemicalized grease that one ingests in foods like McDonald’s and chips.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

That would be canola oil, it is toxic for the body, and sold as a healthy choice.
It's bad for heart, and respiratory, and you create cholesterol that tries to protect the arteries.
Cholesterol isn't the bad thing, the toxic chemicals are that force your body to make things to counteract them are.
Any oil be it seed, or natural fat is bad if you overheat it, most people fry up stuff hotter than needed.
One newer stoves medium heat is usually good enough, and if searing food turn it down soon after .

I'm not a doctor, but observation is sometimes better than following a paid off system killing us slowly.