Military thread... stripes and stars

General talk, and discussion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: Military thread... stripes and stars

beanthere wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 12:31 am Here's another Look At Life. This one should grab the attention of the fellows eh? :howdy:

Been blocked in this country ... says it's ITV, we've an ITV TV station here, don't know if same one as the video there. Must be secrets in it... :kez:

Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Hm... childhood days... just a normal looking day to me. No wonder I was never happy playing with a doll's house, better things to look at. :wacko: And the 3 tonners going down the street where you live, right past the flat on the next two week exercise.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Thats the 75mm recoilless "rifle".

The Finnish army version is 95mm.

I wouldnt sit on that while its firing.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 11:20 am

Hm... childhood days... just a normal looking day to me. No wonder I was never happy playing with a doll's house, better things to look at. :wacko: And the 4 tonners going down the street where you live, right past the flat on the next two week exercise.
Seen that stuff all my life as well with Ft Knox down the road.
Also that train tracks behind my house was always full of military things, they even transported Helicopters a few times.
I don't see them as much anymore, the base isn't a main base anymore, and has moved.
There is some training there, but it's an administrative base mow, and for support sadly.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Frosty, it's odd when something you're used to seeing is almost absent. I'd love to stand and watch the trains go by at the back of your house like that. Wow, helicopters. That's something I've never seen. It's amazing how they load all that onto those freight trains really. The nearest I see is at the train stations, the Maersk or Chinese containers going by, wow the speed and bulk of those things. Usually on their way to either Harwich or Felixstowe port I think.

I bet there's not much gold at Fort Knox anymore either...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I see a lot of truck frames, coal, and lumber usually now, and like you mentioned those containers.
Mostly it's just boxcars, they go by a few times a day, not like they used to do though.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here’s some information on the Russian special. They practice their killing techniques on convicted criminals. I bet that Chinese special forces do this too. https://ca.yahoo.com/news/moscows-speci ... 00063.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I can see a special trained force coming in, and wiping those fighters out pretty fast.
They better have a good escape plan being in that hole they are in, it's not a good place to be hiding.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Those spetnaz I’ve heard are very hard core.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Here is one not known by most people.
Also what the video doesn't tell you is that the Japanese ate all the deer, and other game on the island, the Crocodiles was in a state of suspended animation from that.
The Japanese just happened to wake them with the smell of blood, and the noise.

Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I learned new details about this famous battle with the monster crocs and the Japanese such as the British had them surrounded and they were trying to join a larger Japanese unit. About half only made it. The British army could hear their screams which must have been horrendous. Though I like the Japanese they were monsters in war.