Surfing anywhere in French Polynesia

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
genocide088

Surfing anywhere in French Polynesia

its my goal next stop in life to head to French Polynesia

i did spent a few months in oahu hawaii 25 years ago and liked it alot but was expensive

and did go surfing there from american friend i met that taught me abit

from research it would appear that Papenoo, Ahonu Beach in Tahati best place to start

for beginners as black sand NOT coral reefs which would upon wipeout could get real nasty

and waves not so high

here is a link

there is also world famous Teahupo'o youd could be killed here as have been about 5 deaths since 2000 dead from surfing that for me wait one day not now

they will have the french olympic games 2024 surfing competition here as well its a french

here is a link

if anyone have any suggestions or comments where to go first as main goal is focus on surfing from beginner to pro and do as cheap as possible as there are also not just the Society islands which is another name for french polynesia but also the Tuamotu islands and the the Marquesas islands

just for interest here is a link on the Marquesas islands

like i am accepting to go to any of these areas if if best for my goal of surfing

genocide088

Re: Surfing anywhere in French Polynesia

this in french but same beach

is not so amazing but i do think best place for me to start in french polynesia unless someone can put me onto other places any isalnds and logistics that are favourable

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Are you a travel agent genocide088, now I want to go to the beach :teehe:
I need some good sunglasses, these old blue eyes hurt a lot, and a pretty girl to bring me cute fruity drinks.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Could you teach English there to make a few extra dollars ? It sure looks like a paradise. France I imagine keeps it first world. I think that doing visa runs could be a problem though.
genocide088

actaully they have some gyms there i did see in the main city of tahati papeete

so could do personal training and what i can do is body transformation for the ASYMMETRICAL body we do all have that 100% any

population has. for some its not a issue but for many more people they will never get better till they start seeing the body as asymmetrical

liver on just the right side, 3 domed larger diaphragm on right side, lower right shoulder, higher right side hip, left hip internal rotation lacking, right side too high foot arch, etc

after about 3-4 months training them can greatly reduce there issues

so would try to do work this in tahati

i could also try to find the international surfers i did see some of them have fuked there bodies real good and fix them

with corrective excersizes

kelly slater the worlds most famous surfer watch him walk hes got a nasty lateral pelvic tilt gait

actually surfing its quite the sport to challenge oneself there is MUCH to this. the pros make it look easy but it aint

when i started my surfing career haha 25 years ago in oahu hawaii even paddling out thats was quite the exhaustion battle as it was

let alone finding waves and standing up on them and knowing what to do after

fun fact there are 25 million surfers in the world

https://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/how ... f-all-time
genocide088

wow from searching kelly slater even on joe rogan

even wiping out theres a skill to that so you not die

why teahupoo is one of the worlds highest waves because all that way in the middle of the pacific ocean a wave to travel then goes from deep water sharply up to shallow coral reefs

again 5 deaths at this spot since 2000. i not necessarily a thril seeking but do like physical challenges

genocide088

actaully my headed to Tahati its threefold surfing and geographic location and polynesian culture

so u can not talk about surfing without mention kelly slater heres a 11 part documentry i watched it all

genocide088

this is a slight worry. oh wow like every year 752 people every year about are bitten by sharks 544 of those surfers

i not sure how bad the sharks are in Tahiti

actually the waves at Teahupo’o can be a death wish too some 5 surfers have died there since 2000

well there are many other locations for beginner surf that are not dangerous i will only be increasing wave height/power slowly

https://www.statista.com/chart/27720/sh ... in-the-us/
genocide088

this link

good starting point on where to go

interesting point being the culture on Tahiti island is quite strong Tahitian unlike the tourist trap Bora Bora and Moorea

there are more surfing spots on Tahiti island

that a good thing as for sure i dont want to be anywhere where the tourists go as dam expensive where ever they are and well then you would find corrupted locals

and also want to take part in the polynesian culture

https://www.mywavefinder.com/destinatio ... urf-guide/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

752 people a year get bitten by sharks ! If there’s that many shark bites reported then how many people get attacked by sharks and nobody knows what happened to them ?
genocide088

guess why the about the worlds most dangerous biggest wave at Teahupo'o

coming out from 150 feet deep water instantly up to a 6 feet shelf coral reef is why the waves can get so big

genocide088

Gary Oak wrote: August 7th, 2023, 5:46 am 752 people a year get bitten by sharks ! If there’s that many shark bites reported then how many people get attacked by sharks and nobody knows what happened to them ?
I cant answer that.

same as i cant answer exactly what happened to all the mental defective expats of thailand that just went missing never to be seen again. all anyone said when yet another mental defective went MIA was well this is thailand
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tahiti sure looks beautiful. Does France make Tahiti a first world archipelago amongst the sea of third world islands with the exceptions of course the Hawaii, Taiwan, Singapore and Japan? What’s the economy like ?
genocide088

Fun Fact what was Tahiti old name?

Otaheite - named by Early European explorers

Fun Fact what is the other name of French Polynesia in english or french?

Society Islands or Îles de la Société (i even put it correctly not easy without a french keyboard)

I do think that Tahiti well its still technically France. They did think of indepedance as France kindly used French Polynesia even in recent times to set off 200 nuclear test/bombs. Tahiti GDP is also quite high around $20 000 usd a year average.

And onto its beauty well you have to understand this there are several islands in French Polynesia Tahiti the main and most populated island is NOT so beautiful. And its main town Papeete even has traffic. Thats your first stop by airplane to French Polynesia and the town would have you thinking is this really so beautiful what we have been told?

BUT there are even on Tahiti Island some very nice beaches just have to travel abit to them. But you have to travel to the other islands.

BUT there are 3 more Island many goto being Moorea, Bora Bora, Huahine. Moorea just 17 km from Tahiti its very beautiful what your image of French Polynesia is. Then you go very much furhter there is a ferry 7 hour boat to Bora Bora that will save you alot of money rather than flying the distance is 230 km. Bora Bora is easily the most famous place in French Polynesia and is the island many go for there honeymoon AND the most expensive. Huahine almost as beautiul as Bora Bora but alot cheaper. There are also a few more islands quite beautiful. BUT just to mention the main town PAPEETE aint and the main island only some areas you have to then go furhter off to the other islands.

Well here are the 5 main island groups

Society Islands (Îles de la Société):

Tahiti (largest and most populated and economic center)
Moorea
Bora Bora
Huahine
Raiatea
Taha'a
Maupiti
Tetiaroa
Mehetia (uninhabited)

Tuamotu Archipelago (Îles Tuamotu):

Rangiroa (largest atoll in French Polynesia)
Fakarava
Tikehau
Manihi
Apataki
Makatea
Anaa
Hao
Many others (there are over 70 atolls in the Tuamotu Archipelago)

Marquesas Islands (Îles Marquises):

Nuku Hiva (largest)
Hiva Oa
Ua Pou
Ua Huka
Fatu Hiva
Tahuata
Eiao
Motu One
Motu Iti
Motu Kaiku

Gambier Islands (Îles Gambier):

Mangareva (largest and most populous)

Austral Islands (Îles Australes):

Rurutu
Tubuai (largest)
Raivavae
Rimatara
Rapa

This bleow can tell you about the bad things France has done

https://thediplomat.com/2012/10/french- ... es-empire/
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ll have to read that article later. I just learned the word for archipelago ( sankapupuan ) in Tagalog but then had to google the meaning of the word archipelago. Those are a lot of archipelagos and islands. Once I read this article I’ll have a base knowledge of Tahiti which I don’t yet. I had heard of Bora Bora but didn’t actually know anything about Bora Bora.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Someone might appreciate this image, have fun, but still be careful, and know your limits.
Do push the limits though, how else will you get better, stronger, achieve.
Failure can be a good learning experience, don't let failure be useless, and not learn from it, or you are a failure.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I was just looking at surfing around the world, and found this map, some places are far north which I would think would be miserably cold.
Also really dangerous considering the cold, and roughness of the waters, think that show with crab fishing :wacko:
For a trip you have to think season also, it comes, and goes with the time, good one month, or week, and bad the next.

Map of the World's Best Surf Spots https://www.surfertoday.com/surf-spots
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I’ve never surfed. I’m not sure that I’d enjoy it. Could it be the surfing scene that attracts so many people to the surfing hotspots much like the skiing and sledding scenes in the west coast mountain ranges ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm landlocked, no place even close for me to surf.
I have seen some big waves as barges pass in the Ohio river though as the turds splash ashore. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :spit: