People of DV, who was your favorites ?

General talk, and discussion.
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:Hey :) good evening
I know exactly what your taking about, it was sort of like that here years ago as well in many ways.
Most Blacks didn't take offense either, it was learned with TV, and Race baters like Jessy Jackson, and Al Sharpten.
Actually it`s not like the USA past or present. East Asian countries are hierarchical and ancient. It`s difficult to explain, you kinda have to live there to appreciate what I mean.

My day isn`t over...it`s 11:30 pm and I`m at work. The fact that I can be inside on a computer is proof that everything is going smoothly. I will head home early Wednesday morning....can`t wait.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Glad it's running smooth, I hope it keeps it up for you :) and I think you may not be getting some of the stuff here.
There has always been a rift here to be sure, but the racism stuff was dying out, and much of the stuff people see as racist now was nothing of relevance.
It's like a lot of the stuff Whites are called now by blacks, most whites laugh at the names, but don't dare call a black person something similar now.
Many get angry from the name Negro, but that's from Ignorance, Negro is Spanish for black, many other countries also has similar words.
It seems the younger generations don't get it, and most my black friends never cared, and accepted a lot more.
The realized inequality for what it was, and of course didn't like that as they shouldn't have, but much today is irrelevant made up stuff to anger people.
The Japanese I know most do look down on many others, but that's just a few, and they grew up in Japan. They look down on other Asians, especially darker skinned ones.

Edited !
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I have a friend from Japan also that has been here since WW2, she was one of the first war brides that came over.
She was treated bad here, and ended up staying home most her life :( people would spit at her, and say nasty stuff.
I can understand some of the hate people had, but it's so sad taking it out on people like her, that didn't have a thing to do with it.
I believe she was only 9, maybe 10 when the war started.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:Glad it's running smooth, I hope it keeps it up for you :) and I think you may not be getting some of the stuff here.
There has always been a rift here to be sure, but the racism stuff was dying out, and much of the stuff people see as racist now was nothing of relevance.
It's like a lot of the stuff Whites are called now by blacks, most whites laugh at the names, but don't dare call a black person something similar now.
Many get angry from the name Negro, but that's from Ignorance, Negro is Spanish for black, many other countries also has similar words.
It seems the younger generations don't get it, and most my black friends never cared, and accepted a lot more.
The realized inequality for what it was, and of course didn't like that as they shouldn't have, but much today is irrelevant made up stuff to anger people.
The Japanese I know most do look down on many others, but that's just a few, and they grew up in Japan. They look down on other Asians, especially darker skinned ones.
Yes, NE Asians "looking down" on darker skinned SE Asians, East Indians or blacks is quite normal and not considered racism in Japan/Korea/Taiwan/China the way it would be in Canada. Just an opinion based on the development levels of people that inhabit the countries of Sub-Saharan Africa, SE Asian or the Indian subcontinent. I don`t agree with it, but I see how they would not view it in the samw way that North Americans do.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

It is Racism though, and very ugly of them even if they don't call it that, and it's a cast system really.
Many Arabs do the same.

LOL look what the thread became :) are we off topic :laugh:
Well it's a good off topic, and great to talk about it sometimes.
I have to say I have, and had many Asian friends over the years, and most was pretty awesome people.
Some was Half American, and Half Asian. My Brothers Girlfriend is from The Philippines.
Our house on Christmas sometimes looks like a We are the world concert :laugh:
Shen Li

Blue Frost wrote:It is Racism though, and very ugly of them even if they don't call it that, and it's a cast system really.
Many Arabs do the same.

LOL look what the thread became :) are we off topic :laugh:
Well it's a good off topic, and great to talk about it sometimes.
I have to say I have, and had many Asian friends over the years, and most was pretty awesome people.
Some was Half American, and Half Asian. My Brothers Girlfriend is from The Philippines.
Our house on Christmas sometimes looks like a We are the world concert :laugh:
Asia can indeed be a very awesome place with interesting people, culture and cuisine. People who get the most out of it are those willing to put aside their own culural biases(not necessarily a bad thing) and truly experience it warts and all.

I don`t agree though how NE Asians view other countries inhabitants is necessarily racist although in some instances it is. It also isn`t a caste system like India has unofficially(it is illegal now) as it doesn`t prescribe discrimination. As I said NE Asia is hierarchical and there really isn`t anything quite like it in any of the countries I`ve visited...certainly not Canada or the USA. :thumbsup:

Yes, we are off topic, but the topic is interesting though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You could say The Slave master wasn't racist, it was just hierarchical.
Some cases it was hierarchical, but not always.
Not all is racist, just like not all isn't, it is just the matter of heart in most cases.
Some don't realize what they are, some do as well, so looking down on others is racist.
It all don't matter though, we are all slaves to the man up top it seems, we are the little people under his thumb :shy:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Well I hate to go, but it's late here. :(
You have a good night, and be safe alright.
Sweet dreams :midnight:
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

nsgirl, monique, mandy.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Monique used to make me blush :laugh: she was fun though, and sweet .
I hope shes well.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

RG Snow Kitten was Nikki on DV, she was in the image thread a lot, and was a collage student at the time.
She also had a Himalayan cat named Nikki .

How about Purple Girl, anyone remember her :)
Pinkiepie :) and lets see :think:
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Blue Frost wrote:RG Snow Kitten was Nikki on DV, she was in the image thread a lot, and was a collage student at the time.
She also had a Himalayan cat named Nikki .

How about Purple Girl, anyone remember her :)
Pinkiepie :) and lets see :think:

I remember the names Nikki and Pinkiepie
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sweet people, and wish I knew how they was doing.
Shen Li

http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/

Apaarently it is owned by clubzone?? Who are they?
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

I don't think vin bought the domain back. It is owned by someone else.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Vin sold it as he said on his site, but it looks like the new owner is putting it to good use now with just Vancouver stuff.
It seems much of the fun is gone :think:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Anyone remember Eugene T.S. Wong on DV ? He was a really nice guy on there.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Yes, I remember him ... the stocking guy. He did seem very nice. He posted for a brief time at Memebee a few months ago but hasn't recently ... I wonder what's become of him?
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Oh yeah he did seem to like stockings a lot :laugh: to each his own though.
I really enjoyed talking to him.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Eugene liked wearing kilts.

I miss Mandy. She left dv at some point and became a regular mod at datw.