The South Pacific

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The South Pacific

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Pitcairn Island Fools Paradise

So sad they became worse than just mutineers. Years later after they landed, and a Seal hunting ship found the island, Fletcher Christian, and all but one of the crew was dead .
The one that was alive had 9 Tahitian woman, and lots of kids around. Christian was murdered.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Fletcher Christian only lasted three years before getting shot in the back by one of the Polynesians
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The way I see it is he was a weak leader, and they knew it. Likely the Capetian wasn't the bad guy Hollywood portrayed him as, the crew was likely just bad.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

St Helena Fools Paradise

Apparently Pitcairn Island isn't unique. Could this be common on other far flung islands as well ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... elena.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Sad to read that Gary, it's not normal for people to be brutal to woman like that, it is learned behavior.
The law needs to take control, and stop this from happening.
I know if it happened to my family member I would not stand by, and let it happen again.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: The South Pacific

There's new info on the mysterious Easter Island

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016 ... d-Diamond/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I read a little on that last week, it said the whole Idea of War killed off everyone wasn't true.
Maybe they just had a few years of bad famine, or sickness spread, and killed them.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This three minute video is worth watching. I think that it is pretty cool.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/ca ... be/?no-ist
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The thing about those islands are they are doomed to be washed away by the waves over time.
You have to have bedrock, or a fossilized coral to hold them together.
Basalt, or hardened Lava will just break up over time, and collapse, just like the Hawaiian islands are doing. Look up the Great Crack of Hawaii, or Canary Island crack.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I suppose their diet may be very healthy but I bet that coming from the west it may be a bit bland or boring. I would definately crave a pizza once in a while.

The Crazy Reason No One Living On This Island Has Ever Had Acne

Way out there in the Pacific Ocean, in the Milne Bay Province of Papua New Guinea, there is an island called Kitava. It is one of the four main Trobriand Islands, an archipelago with a total population of 12,000 indigenous inhabitants. Rich with culture, surrounded on all sides by clear blue water and lush rainforest, Kitava is as stunning as it is remote. But it's got more to offer than good views.

As Byrdie reports, Kitava is also home to a people whose diet and nutritional habits remain engineered for well-being, untouched by Western influence. A lifetime of not knowing the sweet, sweet sensation of the salt from a potato chip hitting the roof of your mouth has done more than just spare Kitavans from chronic ailments like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and dementia: It’s also given them a lifetime of smooth, acne-free skin.

In a study of 1,200 subjects — including 300 adolescents and young adults — conducted by a team led by medical doctor and professor Steffan Lindeberg over 843 days, not one breakout was reported. They also found that genetics played little to no role in the results; “genetically similar” groups who don’t follow the same dietary guidelines are more susceptible to Western ailments than their Kitavan counterparts.

The average Kitavan diet is, by all accounts, fairly unremarkable. It’s simple, with no purported “miracle fruit” or “rare nut” to speak of, and Kitavans don’t even exercise much. Lindeberg, who devoted his life to researching the many downsides of the typical Western diet, concluded that what makes the island’s way of eating so special is that it’s one of the last places on earth where the current inhabitants still follow the same diet as the indigenous people. That diet consists primarily of yams, sweet potatoes, and taro (all part of a group known as tubers), local fruits (namely coconut), fish, and vegetables.

At its core, the Kitavan diet is little more than what annoying Instagram foodies refer to as “real food” and “clean eating.” But it’s apparently managed to keep an entire population blemish-free for generations.

But if you're already pulling out your suitcases and drafting a resignation letter to your boss, you might want to slow your roll. For one thing, the closest airport is over 700 miles away from the island, so good luck getting there. And consider this: Do you really want to move somewhere where you'll be the only person with zits until the diet kicks in? Didn't think so.

https://ca.yahoo.com/style/crazy-reason ... 00543.html
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Some of these pacific island girls are stunning.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL, then they hit 30, and turn into a Sumo Wrestler. :laugh:
I guess keep them away from the Spam.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 1:31 pm LOL, then they hit 30, and turn into a Sumo Wrestler. :laugh:
Scientist and anthropologists have theorized that 40% of Polynesian people have the thrifty gene otherwise known as the "fat gene". It was a necessary genetic adaptation need to survive long sea voyages and the often scarcity of food sources encountered on islands in the south pacific. Given the high calorie high carb diet they enjoy today, it is a small wonder they get fat. And there is very little that can be done about it besides education and a complete change in their culture.

Also historically, fat people in Polynesian culture were associated with the ruling class. This made being fat desirable in some Polynesian societies especially in places like Hawaii, Samoa and Tonga. It's only recently that obesity was even recognized as a serious health issue in many of the South Pacific nations.

I've been to a few of the Islands in the south seas...Hawaii, Bora Bora, Samoa and the Mamanuca Islands and Palau..The flights are God awful long...My ex-husband was a big dive enthusiast and he loved the opportunity to dive the WWII wrecks that many of the South Pacific Islands offer. I can tell you first hand that Polynesian people are physically big people and many of them get really fat and they don't seem to care that they are fat either. Many of the men look like NFL linemen and the women get just as large and they have no fear of letting it all hang out as well. I was probably at my heaviest when we went to Samoa and I felt kinda small at times when in the company of some of the locals.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Here is an 6´4ft islander beauty for Melskie..

For once in Melskies life, he will do exactly as he is told.

Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Nice ass though...

Maybe I´ll keep her for myself.. :laugh:

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 3:03 pm Nice ass though...

Maybe I´ll keep her for myself.. :laugh:

Be careful...Get out of line and she'll shove a pineapple up your ass.... :laugh:
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm
Blue Frost wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 1:31 pm LOL, then they hit 30, and turn into a Sumo Wrestler. :laugh:
Scientist and anthropologists have theorized that 40% of Polynesian people have the thrifty gene otherwise known as the "fat gene". It was a necessary genetic adaptation need to survive long sea voyages and the often scarcity of food sources encountered on islands in the south pacific. Given the high calorie high carb diet they enjoy today, it is a small wonder they get fat. And there is very little that can be done about it besides education and a complete change in their culture.

Also historically, fat people in Polynesian culture were associated with the ruling class. This made being fat desirable in some Polynesian societies especially in places like Hawaii, Samoa and Tonga. It's only recently that obesity was even recognized as a serious health issue in many of the South Pacific nations.

I've been to a few of the Islands in the south seas...Hawaii, Bora Bora, Samoa and the Mamanuca Islands and Palau..The flights are God awful long...My ex-husband was a big dive enthusiast and he loved the opportunity to dive the WWII wrecks that many of the South Pacific Islands offer. I can tell you first hand that Polynesian people are physically big people and many of them get really fat and they don't seem to care that they are fat either. Many of the men look like NFL linemen and the women get just as large and they have no fear of letting it all hang out as well. I was probably at my heaviest when we went to Samoa and I felt kinda small at times when in the company of some of the locals.
I'm not sure if that's right about the sea travel, if that's the case then most white people from Europe would be fat from the ice age hardships, and food shortages.
It's genetic for sure, and an adaptation of sorts, but also modern foods that cause it which they have not adapted.
High unnatural sugar content is everyone's enemy, and other things we shouldn't be eating that stores in our body as fats.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 3:03 pm Here is an 6´4ft islander beauty for Melskie..

For once in Melskies life, he will do exactly as he is told.
Never! Only the sexiest of the White females could ever force that upon Mel, and that would be a 50/50% agreement at best!
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 4:42 pm
Renee wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 12:12 pm

I'm not sure if that's right about the sea travel, if that's the case then most white people from Europe would be fat from the ice age hardships, and food shortages.
It's genetic for sure, and an adaptation of sorts, but also modern foods that cause it which they have not adapted.
High unnatural sugar content is everyone's enemy, and other things we shouldn't be eating that stores in our body as fats.
Think what you want. Until someone proves otherwise, I will side with science the geneticists studying this.

All I know is that a great many people of Polynesian ancestry are physically larger than the average white person and that's not just because they are fat. There has to be something going on in their genetics that makes them that way.