May 8 is McHappy Day!

General talk, and discussion.
Superchecker
Awesome Member
Awesome Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Head to your local McDonalds t-o-d-a-y-, and purchase either a Big Mac, Happy Meal, and/or a Hot McCafe beverage, and a $1 from each purchase today goes toward Ronald McDonald House Charities!

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

RMH Charities are a very worthy cause but the food is pure crap. :laugh:

The ironic thing about is we all know the food is crap and yet an awful lot of us still eat it. I've always found is behavior in myself and others rather strange.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

I wont eat it, but would donate :) I wonder if they have a box for that .
The food is one of the worst in the industry taste, and health wise.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

The taste is a matter of opinion; I think all the major fast-food chains have their flavor deficiencies in their own unique ways. As for health effects well I think it
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Keeper wrote:To be honest, My time on this earth is limited as it is. im NOT going to eat Rabbit food.

Just Saying
Well mixing the rabbit food into your daily diet could increase the
Shen Li

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Before I got pregnant I had a curvy body, but I was never really thin like cc. The key for me never getting fat was moderation and not elimination. I occasionally ate pizza or fried chicken, but I limited the size of portions. Mickey D's does not do anything for me, but my husband prefers their coffee to Timmy's.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Moderation is a lot of it Shen Li, but genetics you really cant get around without a fight.
My dads family was skinny people till they hit mid life, then they look like potatoes with legs.
A lot eat badly, and way to much, but they would still be fat .
I want to loose 20 or so, but it's so hard, not a lot i can cut out on the average day since I don't eat much anyhow.
Ill exercise more when I get my bike stand :) might gain though with the muscle I gain on my legs.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Blue Frost wrote:Moderation is a lot of it Shen Li, but genetics you really cant get around without a fight.
My dads family was skinny people till they hit mid life, then they look like potatoes with legs.
A lot eat badly, and way to much, but they would still be fat .
I want to loose 20 or so, but it's so hard, not a lot i can cut out on the average day since I don't eat much anyhow.
Ill exercise more when I get my bike stand :) might gain though with the muscle I gain on my legs.
Genetics has made me tall with wide hips and a small waist. Too much junk food without adequate exercise will make me fat.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

I hardly get ay exercise, and limited to what i can do.
No running, or long walks, but I think I can ride a bike at least a while each day.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Moderation is a very big part of it but when you are programmed from an early age to over eat and have a genetic predisposition toward being heavy the odds are you will fight your weight all your life. Both sides of my family have an abundance of very large people, especially on my mom
Shen Li

May 8 is McHappy Day!

[quote="Renee"]Moderation is a very big part of it but when you are programmed from an early age to over eat and have a genetic predisposition toward being heavy the odds are you will fight your weight all your life. Both sides of my family have an abundance of very large people, especially on my mom
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

[quote="Shen Li"][quote="Renee"]Moderation is a very big part of it but when you are programmed from an early age to over eat and have a genetic predisposition toward being heavy the odds are you will fight your weight all your life. Both sides of my family have an abundance of very large people, especially on my mom
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Someone in my family has had that lap band, it worked for a while, but she has had a lot of issues with it.
You can only eat so much with it, and food seems to get stuck in it sometimes.
Shes a lot less than she was, but still needs work on what she drinks, and eats.
Her hubby had the other surgery, but he only lost about 50 lbs of like the 200+ he needs to loose.

Me I am changing my diet slowly, and it's helping I think, but my mother keeps sabotaging me bringing me a lot of bad stuff.
I'm trying for more natural foods, no soy if possible, cutting out white breads, and a lot of the dairy .

I used to feel so sorry for a lot of people being fat, and still do, but many I don't when I see them sucking down a huge diet coke, and the slop they eat.
My family on my dads side they have some major genetic issues with weight, but them not trying to help themselves they are not worth feeling sorry for.
I still love them, but no pity from me.

It seems woman have a lot harder time with weight, I guess with their body type they are more prone.
Seems like many need twice the effort to get it off.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Sorry for turning this into a fat thread, did I do that. :blush:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

The diet coke has, and other diet drinks intensify your apatite for one, aspartame is another.
Diet Coke lowers your ph level
It messes with your mood causing anxiety, and depression.
it causes Kidney issues , and weight gain contrary to the labeling.
It's even been reported to cause diabetes.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Here you go Keeper, most of what I said, and then some.
It's been out for a while, but people just don't pay attention.
I don't drink soda period, I say an aunt die partly because of them.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

I understand Keeper, but like me with salt, and sugar wouldn't you want to try to get away from it all together ?
When I quit drinking soda it was hard for me to find something, but I managed, and was better for it.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Well just saying it's not a good thing, and one of the worst things in a diet.
I eat a lot of unhealthy stuff myself, but am trying, and I believe diet can cure a lot of stuff wrong with us.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

May 8 is McHappy Day!

Whats so hard on me is I don't like most veggies, I need those.
I'm trying to cut way back on Milk, and dairy which really hurts.
Sugar, Salt, and processed foods.
It's really hard.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

May 8 is McHappy Day!

I have to say that IMO, McDonald's fries are the best in the world. I have them only a few times a year because I can't stop eating them once I start and I get a stomachache when I eat too much fried food, but occasionally it's worth it. :)
Wag more, bark less.