Happy father's day...

General talk, and discussion.
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Happy father's day...

...to the ones who are decent, good fathers. :)

Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

Happy father's day...

Thank you T.T.

In B.C., there are new strict laws that now deal with the dead beat dads.

We are now connected to the Federal government, and the social insurance number is tracked.

Any government refund cheques, disability cheques, tax rebate cheques and so on, are held by the provincial government as payment to the courts.

All arrears must be paid in full, they can even toss them in jail and still demand full payment.
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Happy father's day...

Happy Father's day RG. :)

Yep, same here RG, I'm not sure how strict they are here. A few years back, gov't came up wth the "child support agency" CSA here that uses an absent dad's national insurance number to try and trace him. I think any maintenance that a father's supposed to pay but won't pay, is now collected straight from his pay cheque by the CSA. That's if they can even trace him first and he has a job.

Years ago before the CSA was around, it was just a court order made to get a man to pay child support, that was it. Doesn't mean he'll pay tho. I can understand if the man is not earning much, he can't afford to pay much but it's the ones who do earn decent money and still won't pay, even tho they're single and end up with plenty of leftover cash from their wage cheque.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy father's day...

:cool2; Happy Fathers day to all, and hope you have a good one.

Hey, it's good they follow the bums around like that, they should have kept their pony in their pants if they wasn't going to be responsible.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Shen Li

Happy father's day...

I had a nice meal out with my parents earlier today. It was my Daddy`s fave restaurant.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy father's day...

Hey :) glad you got to spend time with him, hope it's not just on holidays.
I'm sure it's not, but some just come around then you know.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy father's day...

Sounds great, XJ ... nice that you were able to spend time with him! Did he let you pick up the cheque? My dad always tries to get the cheque, even if I'm taking him out. He can be very sneaky about it!
Wag more, bark less.
Shen Li

Happy father's day...

Sharlee wrote:Sounds great, XJ ... nice that you were able to spend time with him! Did he let you pick up the cheque? My dad always tries to get the cheque, even if I'm taking him out. He can be very sneaky about it!
We must be half sisters. That is my Daddy exactly. I had my credit card in my holster and I drew first though.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy father's day...

My dad got the check most the time unless I grabbed it up at the register.
He was such a good person.
I have wished my whole life to be like him.
My mom is really good also even though she complains, I guess that's where I get my complaining when I work from :)
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy father's day...

Hey, women get to complain ... it's part of the contract. We look so cute, we get away with it. :)
Wag more, bark less.
Sharlee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Happy father's day...

Xiao Jie wrote:
Sharlee wrote:Sounds great, XJ ... nice that you were able to spend time with him! Did he let you pick up the cheque? My dad always tries to get the cheque, even if I'm taking him out. He can be very sneaky about it!
We must be half sisters. That is my Daddy exactly. I had my credit card in my holster and I drew first though.
I've trained my kids to run interference ... they distract Grandpa while I grab the cheque. A few times he's prepaid, which really throws me for a loop!
Wag more, bark less.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Happy father's day...

LOL that's funny him prepaying like that.
I love a good host