Modern Western Food

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Modern Western Food

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/s ... 00358.html

I haven't drank soda pop for over 20 years. I have laways considered that it was near toxic

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: Modern Western Food

I quit the stuff in 1980, it contributed to my aunt dying .
The worst part id the diet soda is worse for you, and more toxic.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

They fatten ya and then promo this sugar free stuff that's full of toxic sweetener.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The fake sweeteners are really bad, but still sugar isn't that good for you either.
It's interesting that a sugar molecule is still used in the fake stuff.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

There are half a dozen safer and more healthy sweeteners and yet they choose to use one that used to be illegal for certain reasons.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Illegal till the FDA, and others was paid off with high paying job offers, or worked for them.
Not sure of any natural healthy sweeteners, but sugarcane is best in my opinion.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Junk Food is a Modern Western Food

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -time.html

It appears that junk food isn't as innocent as many pimple faced folks think
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Posted that in the health thread last night, I'm cutting back on salt, and sugar more .
I have always had a lot of salt in my diet, it's a learned habit that needs to stop, not to mention the food that's full of it anyhow.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sugary drinks could be causing 200,000 deaths a year worldwi

Sugary drinks could be causing 200,000 deaths a year worldwide, warn experts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z2OJlV7U4P
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

i haven't drank pop in decades. I consider most of it akin to poison. Sugar chemicals and caffein now that is not a healthy combo
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I don't drink them either Gary, since I was about 16 years old.
I think they are worse now than when I was a kid, and getting more worse from the substitute ingredients they add.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Junk Food Is Addicting And Killing People

The American advertising has made this western junk food diet so alluring. Could this possibly be part of the depopulation agenda ?

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2013/10/jun ... lling.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Those fries look good, but no thanks, Ill make my own :) I use real oil that's not so bad for you like safflower.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Family Stopped Eating Sugar And Found Out ....

Sugar is something that I have been avoiding for decades already. This doesn't surprise me at all. These are the reasons why.

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/ ... 00552.html
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some type of sugar seems to be in everything, the bad thing is most isn't real cane sugar that we think of as sugar.
Sugar beats is a big one, and corn syrup, and now man made sugars :yuk:
i wish we would have real cane sugar in stuff, you don't need as much, and it taste better.
I know it's toxic to our systems, but really to much of anything is, but we need some sugars.
The issue I think is it's not ate in moderation here in the states, and most the western world.
I have cut way back on my sugar intake, it effects my mood a lot, and it makes it worse when I'm depressed.
How much sugar is enough is the question ??????
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

What's Really In A McDonalds Burger

This really makes me wonder if they aren't trying to deliberately make us unhealthy and die earlier.

http://livefreelivenatural.com/really-m ... hamburger/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I am glad I don't eat McDonalds, and I try to stay away from anything that says Enriched, and with Nitrates.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Modern Western Food

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/10/alm ... -lack.html

Almost All Americans Severely Lack Essential Nutrition: Study

A new study finds that most U.S. adults fail to meet recommended daily levels of 10 key nutrients, and those with disabilities have even worse nutrition than average.

An estimated 10 to 25 percent of U.S. adults fit into one or more category of disability, from those who have difficulties with activities of daily living, such as dressing, bathing and eating, to those who cannot use their legs or struggle to accomplish routine tasks, such as money management or household chores.

To determine how these physical or mental difficulties can affect nutrition, University of Illinois researchers analyzed two waves of self-reported food and supplement consumption data from 11,811 adults, more than 4,200 of whom qualified as disabled. The team drew the data from the 2007-2008 and 2009-2010 National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, which are conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics.

"We conducted statistical analyses to compare people with and without disabilities in terms of nutrient intake," said University of Illinois kinesiology and community health professor Ruopeng An, who led the effort. He and his colleagues report their findings in the Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics.

"We found that American people consume much lower amounts of nutrients than are recommended," An said. "For example, only 11.3 percent of people meet the daily recommended intake of fiber. Only 4.7 percent of adults consume recommended amounts of potassium."

A large majority of U.S. adults also fall short of recommended intakes of vitamin A, vitamin C , vitamin D, calcium and iron, An said. They also eat more saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium than recommended, he said.

The picture for those who are disabled is even bleaker. Disabled American adults were even less likely than those without a disability to meet recommended dietary levels of saturated fat, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and potassium, the researchers report. The only exceptions (for intake of vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber) were among people with the lowest level of disability, whose intakes were comparable to non-disabled adults, An said.

"In general, people with disabilities are also disadvantaged nutritionally compared with people without disabilities, even though the bar is already so low," he said.

Those with the most severe physical and mental challenges were also the least likely to eat well, An said. This makes sense if one considers the challenges they must overcome to obtain, prepare and eat a healthy diet, he said.

"Physically, financially and mentally, they have different barriers to accessing healthy food," he said.

A trip to the grocery store can be a challenge for anyone who uses a cane, walker or wheelchair to get around. Some cannot grasp small items, open cans or jars, or stand at a countertop to prepare foods. Some have difficulty chewing or digesting certain foods, or may be restricted to a liquid diet. Or they use medications that affect their appetite or ability to taste foods, An said.

"Dietary supplement use moderately improved vitamin C, vitamin D and calcium intakes," the researchers reported.

"Policymakers and activists for the disabled traditionally have focused primarily on improving transportation options and the physical accessibility of buildings, roads, paths and parking lots," An said. "Now it's time for them to turn their attention to the nutritional challenges that confront people with disabilities."

The paper, "Nutrient intake among U.S. adults with disabilities," is available online or from the U. of I. News Bureau.- See more at: http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/10/alm ... NHhHW.dpuf
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I know I am, I don't eat veggies that much.
People I think is not getting enough D, and minerals also since they stay indoors most the time.
It can cause a lot of issues such as high cholesterol, and hormonal issues.
Cholesterol isn't a bad thing like most think, but not giving it a chance to convert to the building blocks that we need is.
Some sun will change cholesterol into D, testosterone, bile salts and steroid hormones, and many other things .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Soda Linked TO Millions Of Deaths

It has been decades since I have had a soda. That stuff is poison. I told one overweight friend over 40 some years ago that he would get diabetes if he kept drinking those big gulps at 7/11 and in a year or two he did have diabetes.

http://www.businessinsider.com/soda-may ... z3ekiYJX7g