The Knights Templar

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Knights Templar

http://grigorfedan.com/main/Knights_Templar_History

I have been reading a dry history book on the Knights Templar simply to finally get a good understanding of these knights that I keep hearing about. Were they actually Cathars ? Gnostics ? Were they part of a brotherhood that created them and then hid them after their excommunication ? I suspect that this may be the case and that this brotherhood goes way far back in history.

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Re: The Knights Templar

They grew so rick, and powerful the Catholic hierarchy tried to destroy them, many went supposedly to Switzerland where all at once the country became rich.
I forget most of what I know about them.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I didn't know that they went to Switzerland. Now Switzerland is a banking capital...coincidence ?
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Yes that's right, and doubtfully coincidence.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Sam

gary oak has some different ideas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

It was cool going to the fortress at Acre where the Templers valiant last stand against the muslim horde occurred. The ground that I was exploring the Templers battled with all their might.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I would love to see that place, the stone is from temple ruins, and other antiquities.
It's a shame they had to loose, and not spread there, maybe today we would have peace in the region.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

This cave really looks mysterious.

Hidden ‘Knights Templar’ cave used for ‘black magic’ finally explored by historians (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

https://www.rt.com/uk/379976-hidden-kni ... plar-cave/
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Kind of looks in use at the moment, they should not be there.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I always found it curious why the Templar's were singled out for destruction by the Pope Clement and Philip the IV of France.

All the Gnostic crap is nonsense in my view. Their destruction was a purely financial decision. Once they were driven out of Acre along with their Augustinian rivals the Hospitallers, and settled in Cyprus, they became more like bankers than soldiers and amassed a huge fortune and became almost more politically influential than the French King and the Vatican. Philip and his hand picked puppet Pope Clement weren't about to let that happen.

Philip the IV was a greedy money hungry bastard. Historians have referred to him as the Al Capone of his time. He would stop at nothing to destroy a rival if he thought he could get his grubby paws on his rivals assets and money. He even took Clement's predecessor, Pope Boniface captive, had him brutality beaten which caused Boniface's death a month later. He is also suspected of ordering the death of the the succeeding Pope, Benedict the XI, by poison. It's no surprise that he wanted the Templar's wiped out. They were a threat to him financially and politically.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

During the Cathar culturalocide the pope called them a return of bogolism ( this might be the wrong spelling ) which was very similar to the Gnostics. There was a wandering priest who had an apprentice. During the Cathar crusade the temples who were supposedly loyal to the pope were idle and not helping the church. I was at the Acre castle and wondered at what scenesnoccured during the Muslim siege. The Temples were famed for their calvary charges.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Templar was about money, and power, the ruling classes where in debt to them, and the Templar owned a lot of their lands, The Popes feared their power also so killing them off was a win win for monarch, and pope.

I feel bad for the Cathars, they just wanted left alone, from what I read, but as brutal as the Catholics was they didn't want competition, it cut into their bottom line. .
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Knights Templar

It’s cool seeing the exact spot that Jaques DeMolay was executed. The Templers were so legendary. The Templers stronghold might have been deliberately destroyed . http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2019072 ... stronghold