..Guns Guns & More Guns

Political stuff, stuff people love to hate.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: ..Guns Guns & More Guns

Well I took the leap of faith and bought a Turkish o/u. It should be in on Monday the 24th...It's made by ATA which makes shotguns for Weatherby as well as a few other names around the globe. ATA also made parts for Berretta and this particular gun is basically a clone of a Berretta 686. The lockup is the same as a Berretta and the internal action is similar to the now defunct Lanber o/u. ATA has had a big market push for about 8 years in Europe and especially the UK. Their product have been well received and overall thr reviews are extremely favorable....In fact they take 3rd behind Berretta and Browning in sales in the UK.

Take a look...

https://atafirearms.com/2020/07/02/supersport-sporter/

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: May 21st, 2021, 10:53 am An Arkansas hunter shoots shoots and kills gunman trying to kill everyone he could. If Obama had his way and no law abiding Americans had guns then many more Americans would have been killed. I wonder if CNN mentioned this incident as it goes against their narrative. https://www.westernjournal.com/gunman-k ... ve-tribune

Take guns, and Ill just be the criminal then because Ill keep mine, and take the law into my own hands.
Who will do anything about it, the Dems are just asking for this to happen, and it's every man for himself when they do something so corrupt, and stupid.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Renee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:39 pm Well I took the leap of faith and bought a Turkish o/u. It should be in on Monday the 24th...It's made by ATA which makes shotguns for Weatherby as well as a few other names around the globe. ATA also made parts for Berretta and this particular gun is basically a clone of a Berretta 686. The lockup is the same as a Berretta and the internal action is similar to the now defunct Lanber o/u. ATA has had a big market push for about 8 years in Europe and especially the UK. Their product have been well received and overall thr reviews are extremely favorable....In fact they take 3rd behind Berretta and Browning in sales in the UK.

Take a look...

Beretta actually supplied them with the tooling, and set the machines up for them I believe. That's been a long while ago, but hopefully it's all still maintained.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: May 21st, 2021, 3:22 pm
Renee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:39 pm Well I took the leap of faith and bought a Turkish o/u. It should be in on Monday the 24th...It's made by ATA which makes shotguns for Weatherby as well as a few other names around the globe. ATA also made parts for Berretta and this particular gun is basically a clone of a Berretta 686. The lockup is the same as a Berretta and the internal action is similar to the now defunct Lanber o/u. ATA has had a big market push for about 8 years in Europe and especially the UK. Their product have been well received and overall thr reviews are extremely favorable....In fact they take 3rd behind Berretta and Browning in sales in the UK.

Take a look...

Beretta actually supplied them with the tooling, and set the machines up for them I believe. That's been a long while ago, but hopefully it's all still maintained.
I believe that's the factory in Turkey that Berretta eventual bought from ATA. They make their Stoeger products there. ATA has since moved to a much larger and more modern facility. I understand They are now the largest gun manufacturer in Turkey.
“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Beretta has done that a few times, once with Taurus also in Brazil.
I forget who it was, but one company, maybe Beretta left designs, and tools so the new owners built them, and got sued, but won because they bought the whole place along with rights to build the designs stupidly left behind. :teehe:
Might have been Taurus who won that.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: May 20th, 2021, 12:58 pm Was the Harley powerful enough?

I like going off-road too... But at the moment, I wish to ride a custom/cruiser.
Yes. For cruising it was just fine! Nice low end torque. That said, if I was a bigger guy and had a bigger wife that would ride passenger (I rode solo), I would've definitely went the Big-Twin Harley route for that purpose, if you can afford it. Especially for longer highway type cruises.

Basically get the biggest cruiser you can afford, would be my suggestion. Even if you're new to riding, cruisers like Harley's have such a low center of gravity, and such easy to control torque, that even the Big-Twins aren't as hard to ride as they may look to the beginner.
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:23 pm Not all Harley's are build for 350lb skunk apes. Sportsters and soft tales definitely aren't.

My Ex was a big guy...Not as big as a bear, like you but he was 6'4" and 260 and he still looked too big on his soft tale. You have to remember that most cruisers are slung way low.. Many only have a saddle height of around 2 feet off the ground....A guy as big as you needs an Electraglide or a Road King. And if you intend to put one of your big women on it, you'll need to invest in a side car... :laugh:
I will agree with this. Big guys definitely will start to feel cramped on a Sportster after a while. Even I started to 'outgrow' mine on longer cruises. A Soft Tail would've been perfect for my size for the longer highway rides, as I rode solo.

A Road King could easily handle Odie and an equally large woman on back... All the HA's that ride here in BC have proven this! :laugh:

RK's are extremely expensive though, so I would never fault someone that's just a weekend warrior to consider a Jap cruiser. Half the price, better reliability, and will essentially ride the same way (if not better) if you can live without that Harley Davidson emblem on the side of the gas tank...
Mel Gibson

Renee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:39 pm Well I took the leap of faith and bought a Turkish o/u. It should be in on Monday the 24th...
I thought you were looking for a semi-auto? Either way, hopefully it's OK. Give us a run-down on that Turkish quality when you get a chance to fondle it...
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 4:10 am
Renee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:39 pm Well I took the leap of faith and bought a Turkish o/u. It should be in on Monday the 24th...
I thought you were looking for a semi-auto? Either way, hopefully it's OK. Give us a run-down on that Turkish quality when you get a chance to fondle it...
I was interested in an semi-auto, browning or winchester but shipments coming from Europe are not forthcoming. Nonessential goods are still being held up due to COVID and no one can give me an answer when things will go back to somewhat normal.

That being the case I shifted my focus on an O/U because they seem to be easier to get. Plus I prefer an U/O I just had to spend a little more. :5+5: O/U and SxS are not high volume sellers so they tend to be available with a little more frequency than semis and pumps.

I will post some pics after I pick it up. There is no one here to take offense and scream and throw a tantrum like a little girl at the sight of a gun.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: May 21st, 2021, 2:23 pm
Odinson wrote: May 20th, 2021, 5:35 pm
Renee wrote: May 20th, 2021, 2:43 pm
Odinson wrote: May 20th, 2021, 12:58 pm
Mel Gibson wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:37 am
Odinson wrote: May 16th, 2021, 7:21 am Sportster 900cc?

You need an enduro bike.
1200cc Harley Sportster. Great bike, but I just can't stray from my off road roots! My current Yamaha is off-road only... It cannot be registered/insured for on the road riding. Am debating now whether or not to trade it in for a street legal enduro/dual-sport!

I have owned a street legal dual sport in the past, and it wasn't that great on road or off... There are more options available now though, with some of the newer offerings doing things better than the bikes of old ever did!

I'm in no rush to decide yet though, since I know I'll take a loss every time I trade in for something else!
Was the Harley powerful enough?

I like going off-road too... But at the moment, I wish to ride a custom/cruiser.
Odi on a Sportster.... :laugh:

39605d9a696d1ccf5c0e8e97fb500a15.jpg

Take my advice, with your taste in women, this is what you need... :thumbsup:

7ebce1722d3814fccb58beaac7229f874b5c2532a8ea519b7fae872764b0b0d5_1.jpg
Granted a lot of bikes werent built for a guy my size. :laugh:

Harleys are designed for guys like me. :teehe:
Not all Harley's are build for 350lb skunk apes. Sportsters and soft tales definitely aren't.

My Ex was a big guy...Not as big as a bear, like you but he was 6'4" and 260 and he still looked too big on his soft tale. You have to remember that most cruisers are slung way low.. Many only have a saddle height of around 2 feet off the ground....A guy as big as you needs an Electraglide or a Road King. And if you intend to put one of your big women on it, you'll need to invest in a side car... :laugh:
Indian chief bobber?

There arent many of those in Finland... Not many Indians in general.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 12:36 pm Indian chief bobber?

Not many Indians here either, since the original company shuttered 70 years ago. The name has been revived, but still... In North America, it's a Harley Davidson, or it's not a Harley Davidson!

North America might be a bit different than Europe, I know, for what's generally available for the masses.

But you have to also question, is a Harley right for you? Can you afford a Road King? How often will you ride it? If you're just riding around a small town a few times a year, an 800 pound bike may become cumbersome.

Buy the bike that you will ride, and not the bike that you think will turn you into something that you're not!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I looked at a new one when they came back out, i wasn't impressed with all the plastic bobbles, and the bike in general was lacking.
I looked at the Victory also about the same time, they where nice looking bikes.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 10:35 pm I looked at a new one when they came back out, i wasn't impressed with all the plastic bobbles, and the bike in general was lacking.
I looked at the Victory also about the same time, they where nice looking bikes.
Victory bikes.. :yuk:...look like something out of a cartoon.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not the ones I looked at, looked better than a squat looking sportster, better paint also.
Sorry but I'm not a fan of most Harley's, they are not that special.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 6:31 am
Odinson wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 12:36 pm Indian chief bobber?

Not many Indians here either, since the original company shuttered 70 years ago. The name has been revived, but still... In North America, it's a Harley Davidson, or it's not a Harley Davidson!

North America might be a bit different than Europe, I know, for what's generally available for the masses.

But you have to also question, is a Harley right for you? Can you afford a Road King? How often will you ride it? If you're just riding around a small town a few times a year, an 800 pound bike may become cumbersome.

Buy the bike that you will ride, and not the bike that you think will turn you into something that you're not!
How much does a Harley Davidson Road King cost in Canada?

A new one.
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:53 am
Blue Frost wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 10:35 pm I looked at a new one when they came back out, i wasn't impressed with all the plastic bobbles, and the bike in general was lacking.
They sort of look like Batmans bike. :teehe:

How much does a new Road King cost in the USA?
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Odinson wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:39 pm
Renee wrote: May 25th, 2021, 9:53 am
They sort of look like Batmans bike. :teehe:

How much does a new Road King cost in the USA?
I don't know...Most likely over 20,000.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:37 pm How much does a Harley Davidson Road King cost in Canada?

A new one.
You'd be looking at around $25,000 or so now for sure, which is about the same price as a brand new base model compact car would cost you, just for comparison...
Odinson
Elite Member
Elite Member

Mel Gibson wrote: May 26th, 2021, 3:59 am
Odinson wrote: May 25th, 2021, 7:37 pm How much does a Harley Davidson Road King cost in Canada?

A new one.
You'd be looking at around $25,000 or so now for sure, which is about the same price as a brand new base model compact car would cost you, just for comparison...
A brand new Road King costs around 50k euros around here.

The price consists of:

30% Harley Davidson sticker on the side of the tank.

60% Import taxes and tariffs.

10% Actual bike.
Mel Gibson

Odinson wrote: May 26th, 2021, 1:38 pm A brand new Road King costs around 50k euros around here.

The price consists of:

30% Harley Davidson sticker on the side of the tank.

60% Import taxes and tariffs.

10% Actual bike.
Jesus... That doesn't really surprise me though, since tariffs certainly are a thing even to this day. Tariffs can be good, and bad also, depending on the situation. Canada is in a unique position I suppose, since we're basically 'America-Lite', and always have been for the most part due to our geographical location and cultural similarities. We buy their Harley's, and they buy our lumber, to simplify things to maximum extent! :laugh:

That said, what cruiser style bikes can you buy there without a huge tax/tariff hit? Jap cruisers? Euro manufactured cruisers? You must have some options there, even if it doesn't have the Harley-Davidson sticker on the gas tank?