GMO Foods

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Re: GMO Foods

GF, I don't get the obsession of everything have to be white... food, paper, laundry... indoor paint. :kez:

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Why does it have to be white, I don't think it is, it's an off white.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Napkins are white, milk, stove, fridge, my smartphone.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

From Wiki, no mention of bleaching, but they do .

White rice is the name given to milled rice that has had its husk, bran, and germ removed. This alters the flavour, texture and appearance of the rice and helps prevent spoilage and extend its storage life. After milling, the rice is polished, resulting in a seed with a bright, white, shiny appearance.

The milling and polishing processes both remove important nutrients. A diet based on unenriched white rice leaves people vulnerable to the neurological disease beriberi, due to a deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1). White rice is often enriched with some of the nutrients stripped from it during its processing.[1] Enrichment of white rice with B1, B3, and iron is required by law in the United States,[2][3] although these nutrients are only a small portion of what has been removed.[citation needed]

At various times, starting in the 19th century, brown rice and wild rice have been advocated as healthier alternatives.[4] The bran in brown rice contains significant dietary fiber and the germ contains many vitamins and minerals. (See whole grain.)

As with all natural foods, the precise nutritional composition of rice varies slightly depending on the variety, soil conditions, environmental conditions and types of fertilizers.

Typically 100 g of uncooked rice produces around 240-260 g of cooked grains, the difference in weight owing to absorbed cooking water.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Hmm, asians like Japanese and Chinese eat white rice every day.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not like people here that butter, milk, and sugar it up.
It's a filler food, and made to compliment a meal.
Quick calories, and carbs
Registered Guest
"Mr. ICONIC"
"Mr. ICONIC"

GuardianFlash wrote:Napkins are white, milk, stove, fridge, my smartphone.

You forgot to mention me, I am white by designation. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I don't concern myself, with other peoples thoughts. They can think what they want, and grind it around in their head. I always get a good nights rest. They however, are exhausted, thinking about me. My trade mark, :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

LOL The ICONIC ONE !
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

[youtube][video][/video][/youtube]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Twilight turtle
VIP Member.
VIP Member.

Reminds me, haven't seen Dagon lately, where's he got to.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I know, been a while hasn't it .
:(
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I so hope this goes through in California

[youtube][video][/video][/youtube]
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Star power used for something good for a change instead of politics they should be preaching.

[youtube][/youtube]
http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/ ... ar-power-0
GMO labeling: Now with more star power
Just Label It releases another video of 27 celebrities demanding the right to know if GMOs are in their food. They had us at Michael J. Fox.
Wed, Nov 14 2012 at 1:40 PM EST

photo: Shutterstock
I can
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Just had an organic apple. Let me tell ya, it's no myth that organic taste better. Best apple I have ever tasted. Same can be said for the organic watermelon that I had over the Summer. Expensive though. The apples were like $1 each.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

You should try some of the lesser known banana species, some are so good.
The banana most eat isn't the same as our parents did, their was an issue that caused them to go pretty much extinct.
They brought in a more bland tasting one to take it's place, and it's never been the same.
Oh, some of the small ones are so flavorful, and sweet, worth a try.
There is some that grow that's actually poisonous if you didn't know .
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

GMO Foods

Blue Frost wrote:Image
OH man, Kellogg's cereals and Campbell's soup. I have those regularly. I guess they like their stuff GMOed :scratch:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Kellogg's is really bad using that stuff, I'm not sure if they have anything that's not GMO.
Best thing for people to do is get together, and write these companies, and then boycott them one at a time.
The loss of money will change their practices
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

GMO Hired Excops To Hunt Down Farmers

http://rt.com/usa/news/gmo-agro-dupont- ... ctual-926/

This industry is evil. Pollen gets carried by the wind insects,birds and naturally their crops are going to contaminate neighbouring farms. They are making out like these farmers are evil felons who are stealing their GMO seeds. The duplicity is just plain evil. What they are doing is just plain evil. These small farmers work very hard for their money. I was talking to some elderly farmers in northern Saskatchewan a few months about Monsanto and they were saying that it won't be too long before there won't be small farmers like them.