Canadian Wildlife

In search of truth, the mysterious, and bizarre. Gary rules here.
Forum rules
Civil discussion appreciated. No Spam...
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Canadian Wildlife

Ah, poor kid, that had to be traumatic for it, and the mother.
I have seen reports of that in the past, you can't blame the animal, but if they become a nuisance doing that they need relocated, or put down as a last resort.
I'm glad the mother was looking out for her kid.

"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Canadian Wildlife

Canada has polar bears, whitish kermode bears but I’ve never seen photos of a white grizzly. This beat will be a rock star around Banff. https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/banff ... eyKlC5o4Ho
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Not a surprise, a lot of animals occasionally have a white offspring.
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

A white grizzly I believe must be extremely rare as I have never heard of one before. I am not sure that it is albino either rather white as the odd black bear is. The kermode bears aren’t albino.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

And there also are the rare gray glacier bears of Alaska.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 4:08 pm A white grizzly I believe must be extremely rare as I have never heard of one before. I am not sure that it is albino either rather white as the odd black bear is. The kermode bears aren’t albino.
Alaska had several years back, and people where thinking they where polar bears, or mixed with them.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I believe that you are talking about the polar bear grizzly bear hybrids that are becoming more common due to the global warming bringing the two species in contact with each other more often. The glacier bears are in the south of Alaska near British Columbia and they are a unique subspecies of black bear.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

These where white grizzlies, not those ones.

Did you here that the giant Japanese wasp is not in Washington state. They are calling them murder bees.
you may be getting them up there soon.
Mel Gibson

Blue Frost wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:17 pm Did you here that the giant Japanese wasp is not in Washington state. They are calling them murder bees.
I think we already have them! A nest was found late last year on Vancouver Island and was subsequently destroyed, so it seems like they are in fact here on both sides of the border in that geographical area...
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

I was just showing a coworker a YouTube video of them just a couple hours ago. It’s great to see Mel Gibson back in action on Gary Oaks Corner !
Mel Gibson

Asia... the gift that just keeps on giving!
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I'm allergic anyhow so no stings for me, Ill go buy a flame thrower if they show up here.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

Mel Gibson wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:58 pm
Blue Frost wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:17 pm Did you here that the giant Japanese wasp is not in Washington state. They are calling them murder bees.
I think we already have them! A nest was found late last year on Vancouver Island and was subsequently destroyed, so it seems like they are in fact here on both sides of the border in that geographical area...
There were 3 or 4 in Washington state and one here in white rock. There was one captured in north Vancouver and sent to the University of British Columbia. It was believed that it hitched a ride in a shipping container from China. Only the one nest was discovered on Vancouver Island.
On Dec. 8, a resident in Blaine Washington near the Canadian border reported an unusually large hornet they found on their property. Two days later, experts visited the site, collected the specimen, which was dead, and confirmed its identity a short time later.

The resident also reported seeing a live giant hornet at a hummingbird feeder before it retreated into a nearby forest.
Up to 50 Japanese gets killed each year by these hornets. Any sightings need to be reported. If I see one I will try and kill it. Or it might kill me.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/a ... ngton.html

Your next girlfriend. She's a keeper. This giant hornet seem a little different. I think they are in America but are not of Asian hornet. I remember seeing a giant hornet in one of shay Carl's vlog back 6 or 7 years ago when he lived in Idalo.
Gary Oak
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yellow jackets are invasive nasty little buggers and outcompete our native wasps so I kill them whenever I can. I have an electric swatter racket that works marvellously for this task. It work wonders on horseflies too. When jogging in an area with a lot of horseflies the electricity must zap them at the instant of contact allowing the racket swing to do maximum damage and they sail away never to return. I will also put these giant hornets 🐝 on my kill list.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Reverse Flash wrote: May 4th, 2020, 2:51 am
Mel Gibson wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 10:58 pm
There were 3 or 4 in Washington state and one here in white rock. There was one captured in north Vancouver and sent to the University of British Columbia. It was believed that it hitched a ride in a shipping container from China. Only the one nest was discovered on Vancouver Island.
On Dec. 8, a resident in Blaine Washington near the Canadian border reported an unusually large hornet they found on their property. Two days later, experts visited the site, collected the specimen, which was dead, and confirmed its identity a short time later.

The resident also reported seeing a live giant hornet at a hummingbird feeder before it retreated into a nearby forest.
Up to 50 Japanese gets killed each year by these hornets. Any sightings need to be reported. If I see one I will try and kill it. Or it might kill me.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/us/a ... ngton.html

Your next girlfriend. She's a keeper. This giant hornet seem a little different. I think they are in America but are not of Asian hornet. I remember seeing a giant hornet in one of shay Carl's vlog back 6 or 7 years ago when he lived in Idalo.
Shes retarded, and hornets are not my friend, one of ours had me sick for two weeks from a sting to the side of my head.
Got them back though, I sprayed them with gas, smashed them, and set fire to the rest.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Gary Oak wrote: May 4th, 2020, 7:28 am Yellow jackets are invasive nasty little buggers and outcompete our native wasps so I kill them whenever I can. I have an electric swatter racket that works marvellously for this task. It work wonders on horseflies too. When jogging in an area with a lot of horseflies the electricity must zap them at the instant of contact allowing the racket swing to do maximum damage and they sail away never to return. I will also put these giant hornets 🐝 on my kill list.
If horseflies are around there is either large piles of crap, rat infestation, or something nasty that needs dwelt with.
I had a friend that bought a place that was overran by them, I traced the infestation to a rat haven in a shack, burnt it down, and no more horseflies.
One place I went they where really bad, it was the stables, I talked the man into cleaning it up for the horses, and to get rid of the flies, it worked.
It's filth they live in, and want.
Tribrid Vampire
The Phenomenal One
The Phenomenal One

More worse than getting the coronavirus.
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

I really hate that guy, such an idiot.
I think people with hives need to get some wire that will keep those hornets out while letting the bees through it.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Reverse Flash wrote: May 26th, 2018, 4:28 pm A few weeks ago over here a coyote was dragging a toddler away. Luckily the mother made the save in time. It was chewing on the toddler's head.

This seems to be a thing in the animal kingdom.
beanthere
"VIP"
"VIP"

Reverse Flash wrote: May 4th, 2020, 7:29 pm More worse than getting the coronavirus.
Good Lord. Festus has surfaced, after all these years. :later: