Music thread

Civil discussion, and self moderation appreciated :-)
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Re: Music thread

beanthere wrote: March 6th, 2022, 7:51 pm Well, since you guys are in the mood for reminisci'n, here is a song that ran through the background of my youth. Very special if you were doing a 'slow dance'.
Mid 70s pop... :thumbsup:

His teeth are whiter than white... :cool:

I'm digging the bulge in his polyester slacks... :laugh:

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I probably posted this before but it's one of my old favorites and Gary Walker, the last surviving member of the Walker Brothers, turned 80 today. :happybday:

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box.”....Frederick Douglas
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

This song has always been a bit of an oddity to me. It took me years to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that the person singing it was the same Richard Harris, actor, famous for his roles as King Arthur in Camelot, the original Albus Dumbledore, English Bob and A Man Called Horse.

Released in 1968, it went all the way to number 2 on the Billboard hot 100. How, I still don't really know... :laugh:

In many ways it reminds me of the style of music performed the band Renaissance or Gentle Giant. The complex changes and shifts from one theme or musical style to another are very similar.
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

I still think The Vogues were one of the greatest vocal groups of all time. The Harmonies are just amazing.
"Till" is my parents wedding song and they don't write or arrange music like this anymore.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

In case anyone is wondering... This stuff I've been posting comes from music I have on an old IPod that I call "my guilty pleasures". Most of these gems I discovered while working my way through my parents extremely extensive record collection when I was a young teen and they have stayed with me ever since.

Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Some of those are alright, others nauseating, and should be left abandoned in time :laugh: better yet the Abyss. :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

Take that ! :laugh:
"Being alone isn't what hurts. It's when the people around you make you feel alone" ~ Naruto Uzumaki, an Anime Character
Renee
Elite Member
Elite Member

Blue Frost wrote: March 11th, 2022, 11:09 pm Some of those are alright, others nauseating, and should be left abandoned in time :laugh: better yet the Abyss. :laugh:
I feel the same about some of the bizarre wailing and video game music you post.... :laugh:
Blue Frost
SUPER VIP
SUPER VIP

The Odi song

Quick Reply

This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.